Page 51 of 199 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenwater View Post
    I had one kind of truck or another for years. My 2007 Ram 2500 Cummins caught on fire do to bad axle when I was making a mad dash from Jhole to slc to try and see my Dad on his deathbed. I missed him because of said fire. I hate Dodge.

Then I had a Honda CRV cause I had the poverty and gas got spendy. I actually liked that little car. A few months ago a guy and his girl ran a red light and took it out. Worst wreck I've ever been in. I was all shook up, concussed etc.

The next bit is foggy, but receipts tell me I then paid an ubber to take me to a toyota dealer (I get that part I wanted a trd-pro for some time). Where I bought a 2018 Tundra, not pro. Seems like a nice enough truck but I wish I looked around and wasn't concussed when I bought it. /meh. I was actually still bleeding when I signed paperwork, I know this because my contract and docs are all blood smeared.

Woke the next day and traveled for a week. didn't recall buying a truck and was really confused when my wife asked me why there was a brand new tundra in the driveway.
    Hall of fame worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I had one kind of truck or another for years. My 2007 Ram 2500 Cummins caught on fire do to bad axle when I was making a mad dash from Jhole to slc to try and see my Dad on his deathbed. I missed him because of said fire. I hate Dodge.

Then I had a Honda CRV cause I had the poverty and gas got spendy. I actually liked that little car. A few months ago a guy and his girl ran a red light and took it out. Worst wreck I've ever been in. I was all shook up, concussed etc.

The next bit is foggy, but receipts tell me I then paid an ubber to take me to a toyota dealer (I get that part I wanted a trd-pro for some time). Where I bought a 2018 Tundra, not pro. Seems like a nice enough truck but I wish I looked around and wasn't concussed when I bought it. /meh. I was actually still bleeding when I signed paperwork, I know this because my contract and docs are all blood smeared.

Woke the next day and traveled for a week. didn't recall buying a truck and was really confused when my wife asked me why there was a brand new tundra in the driveway.
    this has got to be the formerly missing WF skier

Well I brought this home a couple weeks ago. 2012 with 75k miles. FX4 with locker, black leather interior. I miss my 7.3 a little bit but DAMN is this thing nice and comfortable. Looking forward to lots of camping this summer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0238.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	235998

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... This ad reminds me of Kalifornia politicians - all about looks, but no substance,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rWN9CECdXc&app=desktop
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Well I brought this home a couple weeks ago. 2012 with 75k miles. FX4 with locker, black leather interior. I miss my 7.3 a little bit but DAMN is this thing nice and comfortable. Looking forward to lots of camping this summer.

Name:	IMG_0238.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	235998

Sick!

Cut through the back of the toyota dealership this afternoon and saw the shitpile of rusted frames. One was broken in half. Others looked pretty good but would then just have some random spot rusted clear through. Not exactly confidence-inspiring to see they're still dealing with this same bullshit after 20 years. I may end up with a deal on a 2013 from my stepdad, I sure hope the frame isn’t fucked.
    It’s pretty messed up to have to park your 4x4 all winter and drive some pos $1000 winter beater because toyota can’t source good thick frame steel and coat it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Cut through the back of the toyota dealership this afternoon and saw the shitpile of rusted frames. One was broken in half. Others looked pretty good but would then just have some random spot rusted clear through. Not exactly confidence-inspiring to see they're still dealing with this same bullshit after 20 years. I may end up with a deal on a 2013 from my stepdad, I sure hope the frame isn’t fucked.
    It’s pretty messed up to have to park your 4x4 all winter and drive some pos $1000 winter beater because toyota can’t source good thick frame steel and coat it properly.
    I’ve owned a 1997? Previa, a 1996 Tacoma, a 2001 Tundra, a 2005 RAV4, a 2007 Yaris, and a 2011 Tundra. Most were driven in MN, land of road salt. Zero rust issues with any of them. I wouldn’t worry about rust.

what a great story

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I’ve owned a 1997? Previa, a 1996 Tacoma, a 2001 Tundra, a 2005 RAV4, a 2007 Yaris, and a 2011 Tundra. Most were driven in MN, land of road salt. Zero rust issues with any of them. I wouldn’t worry about rust.
    I dunno man, frame rust on Toyota trucks is a known issue for sure, you just got lucky I think.

I mean Toyota didn't pay a $3.4 Billion settlement for nothing. https://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/14/...-truck-frames/

Yeah, maybe; but I wouldn’t let it stop me from buying another Toyota.

So the rusty frames observed by ill-advised strategy could be ones directly related to the settlement?

Toyota is still replacing rusty frames on old pickups. Sounds like a damn good company to me.

Fucking VW couldn't pull that off.

I take it I can remove that one from my database. Glad to hear everything worked out all right, as it may. We should go camping sometime this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I take it I can remove that one from my database. Glad to hear everything worked out all right, as it may. We should go camping sometime this year.
    The girl he married?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1526641745.193628.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	473.6 KB 
ID:	236272
    Merica

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Just traded in my '98 taco. No rust what so ever. Even had it checked out once hoping for a warranty claim. Unfortunately looks like I got lucky. It was also in CO most of its life so mag chloride instead of salt.

Ordered a new Expedition, really looking forward to the Ecoboost, be nice to put a 91 octane tune in it. Wonder what the odds are of engine failure. Blew my only other turbo at 30k miles.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Had my 06 tundra checked for rust replacement. It's got rust, was a MA truck originally. Toyota said it's all good.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Toyota is still replacing rusty frames on old pickups. Sounds like a damn good company to me.

Fucking VW couldn't pull that off.
    On the contrary VW is complying with the terms of a settlement they reached and so is Toyota. It's not exactly fucking heroic by either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    On the contrary VW is complying with the terms of a settlement they reached and so is Toyota. It's not exactly fucking heroic by either of them.
    VW set a term limit on the fix AND the software fix sucks. I should know, I have a TDI

Corporations have bullshit ethics but I would still put Toyota way above VW

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    VW set a term limit on the fix AND the software fix sucks.
    I’ve only driven about a hundred miles since the fix, but I didn’t notice much difference.
    Got a check for $9k in less than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I’ve only driven about a hundred miles since the fix, but I didn’t notice much difference.
    Got a check for $9k in less than a week.
    Let me know if you get the low rpm lag and feeling like you are waiting for engagement. Happens in low speed merge into traffic.

Plus I'm getting 2mpg less average. Not much but some are seeing 7 mpg worse.

Anyone have MrGyptian's contact info? I sent him a pm a week or two ago no word.

Name:	IMG_7345.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	236419