Page 146 of 199 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

They make giant undermount drawer hardware for under RV beds, you'd have to google around but they extend really easily and can support a lot, they're not expensive per pair, maybe $100 or so if that I think. You'd get a pair and build a box whatever depth and width you need, pretty simple.

I pre-ordered a Rivian yesterday. It's for Maui, where the weather's always warm and you'd have to work to come up with a 100 mile excursion. Seems like the perfect application for an e-truck. Plus I won't be driving a Tacoma like everyone else on the island.

I'll report back when it's finally delivered. No idea when that will be. Hopefully before the end of 2022.

Not really a truck, but this was parked in the garage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6348.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	216.8 KB 
ID:	398816

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    I pre-ordered a Rivian yesterday. It's for Maui, where the weather's always warm and you'd have to work to come up with a 100 mile excursion. Seems like the perfect application for an e-truck. Plus I won't be driving a Tacoma like everyone else on the island.

I'll report back when it's finally delivered. No idea when that will be. Hopefully before the end of 2022.
    But can you get 38x15s on a rivan?

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post

E-cars and trucks seem perfect for Hawaii considering Climate, range issues, cost of gas etc.

Maybe it will be OK with a new vehicle and after you spend an assload of dough on every warranty you can buy but from what I’ve seen it’s all fun and games with EVs in HI until they need wrenching on.

Consider the following. My daughter and her husband live on the north shore of Oahu and bought a ‘16 i3 and it was great for about 8 months until the a/c shit the bed which took down the whole driveline because the battery array is cooled by the a/c system. Who works on these things? Pretty much nobody except the BMW dealer. They quoted $8500 to fix it (after charging $475 to diagnose it.)
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    E-cars and trucks seem perfect for Hawaii considering Climate, range issues, cost of gas etc.

Maybe it will be OK with a new vehicle and after you spend an assload of dough on every warranty you can buy but from what I’ve seen it’s all fun and games with EVs in HI until they need wrenching on.

Consider the following. My daughter and her husband live on the north shore of Oahu and bought a ‘16 i3 and it was great for about 8 months until the a/c shit the bed which took down the whole driveline because the battery array is cooled by the a/c system. Who works on these things? Pretty much nobody except the BMW dealer. They quoted $8500 to fix it (after charging $475 to diagnose it.)
    Maybe I'll change my tune when the problems start, but right now I'm planning to be OK with the whole guinea-pig aspect of it.

Lesson is never own a BMW out of warranty. I tried it several times.

I hear you! And they paid some hefty tuition.

I’ll amend you’re advice though. Never buy a modern or EV BMW without a warranty. These beasts are rolling computers shrouded in plastic.

I’ve drove e46 BMWs for 20 years and just sold one with 190k miles on it 130k of which I put on. I did most of the wrenching on it and while it could be a little needy on occasion I kept it running pretty well without too much aggravation or cash. The difference was they were ICE not EV.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Someone got a Rivian up to Crystal Mountain yesterday. Looked cool, minus the midget bed. So they do exist, and can at least get to the mountain.

Name:	80709147-898A-4DDA-A104-E4041FDFFAA0.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	931.2 KB 
ID:	399150

Is it parked next to a Tesla or two? Because that would be funnez.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Someone got a Rivian up to Crystal Mountain yesterday. Looked cool, minus the midget bed. So they do exist, and can at least get to the mountain.

Name:	80709147-898A-4DDA-A104-E4041FDFFAA0.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	931.2 KB 
ID:	399150
    I think I'm going to buy one of those someday.

But yeah, the midget bed is annoying. Another complaint that I heard from some reviews is that the spare tire is actually under the bed. So good luck if you get a flat and have a bunch of heavy shit in the bed.

And yeah, I'd love to hear how cold affects the battery life in the real world.

Really not a fan of the front end but it's a good question what to do with that space when you don't need a radiator or a grille. But ti looks kinda Thomas the Tank Engine-ish to my eyes.

Man the Rivian is ugly AF! Such a horrendous front clip. Tiny ass bed is useless. They should skip the “bed”’all together and just make it a SUV, at least that space will be sorta useful to the soccer moms.
    Hopefully one day a real electric truck will debut.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Man the Rivian is ugly AF! Such a horrendous front clip. Tiny ass bed is useless. They should skip the “bed”’all together and just make it a SUV, at least that space will be sorta useful to the soccer moms.
    Hopefully one day a real electric truck will debut.
    Some day I shall acquire one…..someday.

Name:	IMG_3913.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	650.2 KB 
ID:	399192

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did someone say ugly truck?

https://www.canoo.com/pickup

It's a POS. You're american, you will buy it.

No, I'm not going to yank you out.

Fuck off, eh. And I'm not Canadian.

I would probably break it if I tried.

Total Garbage.

Just got home from a holiday road trip to SC and saw my first IRL squatted rig while I was down there. GMC Yukon that was even more ridiculous than this one from Google. Front end was higher, rear may have even been lower. Wheels were about the same size, if not bigger.

I guess if this is your thing the one I passed was cooler.. or whatever they call cool in the south?

Unfortunately I was driving and it went by going the other direction too quickly for a pic.

I briefly considered turning around to follow and see what type of creature drove it, but the wife and kids would have likely objected as we were on the latter end of an 8hr day on the road.

Name:	Squatted-SUVs-Squat-Truck-video-002-1024x507.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	399267

Man I am just never gonna get that shit. Nope.

How do you see where the fuck you are going?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    How do you see where the fuck you are going?
    That's why they made them illegal in NC.

SC is apparently a different story..

Honestly I was happy he passed me and stayed in his lane. Wasn't on a freeway, we were going about 40.

Also for anyone not familiar.. this isn't a truck set up with hydrolics like the early 90's rap cars. These aren't adjustable. This is squat life.

Why do they hate freedom in NC?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They surely had the opportunity on their phones to purchase an extended vehicle warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    They surely had the opportunity on their phones to purchase an extended vehicle warranty.
    And a fractional offering?

Fuck, this is a depressing time to be in the market for a used truck. Wife had an unfortunate run-in with a fresh fallen rock on Thursday, her '03 Tacoma is toast. Only had 235K on the clock, we were planning on driving it a lot longer...

So now in the market for a new truck. Would love another Taco, but prices are hard to swallow.

Might also move up to a half-ton, as we have a 5x8 enclosed trailer we have to haul over big passes - the Tacoma was pretty anemic for that and towing burned through brakes.

Looks like to get into trucks with relatively low miles, probably going to be spending $25Kish. Tacoma/Frontier/Tundra/Titan or Colorado/Canyon/F150/Sierra/Silverado. Bought the prior Taco with 110K, not sure if that's as wise with American trucks.

Any advice on finding something in the current market, models to avoid, etc.?
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

I'd expect Frontier or Titan would be the best buys. Frontier engine is powerful (4.0 V6 from around 2005-2019), that generation of Frontier shared many parts with the Xterra, and is generally pretty reliable. More powerful than Toyota's V6, much less expensive than Tacoma and 4Runner. If you don't need it to be a pickup, consider the Pathfinder too - 6 and 8 cyl options, would tow that trailer fine.

Titan, especially the earlier body style, should be fairly cheap (relative to Tundra). Unpopular, plasticky, limited body styles. But if a shortbed extended cab would work, I'd give it a look.

Early Colorado and Canyon are meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.