Page 60 of 199 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Ah - that's cool. Didn't know that those were available. Makes sense, though...
    Those still use the motor to drive the wheels in specific conditions. Seems like a small motor pulling solely generator duties would make a lot of sense. It won't keep you going 70 on the interstate, but could possibly maintain lower speeds when the battery gets low, and can charge when stopped and no access to a charging station. The charging station network is highly limited here and non-existent most of the places I drive my truck to ride and camp.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Rivian would be sweet for a mountain truck. No power loss at 11k feet? sign me right the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Those still use the motor to drive the wheels in specific conditions. Seems like a small motor pulling solely generator duties would make a lot of sense.
    Hmmm... yeah. Further investigation indicates that you are correct (at least for the Chevy). It *appears* that the BMW may only do electric generation, according to Wiki:

"BMW is offering a range extender ("REx") option powered by a 647 cc two-cylinder gasoline engine with a small fuel tank that engages when the battery level drops to a pre-specified point, acting purely as a generator to produce electricity to extend the range to 240 km (150 mi) for the model with the 60 Ah battery under the EPA test cycle."

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Rivian would be sweet for a mountain truck. No power loss at 11k feet? sign me right the fuck up.
    In case yer interested: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tes...ak-record/amp/
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Bobby is like a hype beast on a supreme drop. Fucking electric pickups that don't exist and yet they have specs. Nga please.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Bobby is like a hype beast on a supreme drop. Fucking electric pickups that don't exist and yet they have specs. Nga please.
    better start prototyping the GFC. The bobby's are gonna need a place to take a nap when they run out of juice after smoking lambos and fording rivers.

I've got a nice 17 Tacoma if someone needs it.

I guess thats why Ford gave them 500 million... Take a lap.

Where you have just heard about it, Rivian has been open for 10 years.

Ill post a picture of mine when it delivers next year. Then you can decide if they "exist" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    better start prototyping the GFC. The bobby's are gonna need a place to take a nap when they run out of juice after smoking lambos and fording rivers.
    Probably should just stick to your Odyssey truck.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Nice looking Taco
    watch out for snakes

Not that i can afford it, but i know many that can. I'm pretty exited about the rivian trucks. There are several long videos out there. It's about time something like this was available.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0604.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	327.5 KB 
ID:	283328

Driving this 500 miles north tomorrow. Always a fun time on the Cross-Bronx. Recent pic. ‘04 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I've got a nice 17 Tacoma if someone needs it.

I guess thats why Ford gave them 500 million... Take a lap.

Where you have just heard about it, Rivian has been open for 10 years.

Ill post a picture of mine when it delivers next year. Then you can decide if they "exist" or not.

Probably should just stick to your Odyssey truck.

Rivian looks nice just can't tow the boat and maybe not even a sled deck.

Atlis motors on the other hand. Looks good and its useful for more than groceries.

Why can't you tow with the Rivian? It's rated for a lot, somebody said 11,000 kg a page or so back.

Rivian truck has like 750 hp. Bet it's fun as shit.

It tows 10,000 lbs of vapor. Bubble gum scented for the millenials.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Why can't you tow with the Rivian? It's rated for a lot, somebody said 11,000 kg a page or so back.

I thought it was a full size truck but its a tacoma. Not that
    11k lbs is the advertised max Boat is 8500 plus the shit inside.

Perhaps the torquiness of the electric motor will make it feasible, efficient and but towing with a compact truck sucks

3,800 lbs aero camper reduced the range of a Model X 100D 45-60% at 50-60 mph.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...-superchargers

It tows 10,000 lbs of vapor. Bubble gum scented for the millenials.
    Don't take mah diesel.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hmmm... yeah. Further investigation indicates that you are correct (at least for the Chevy). It *appears* that the BMW may only do electric generation, according to Wiki:

"BMW is offering a range extender ("REx") option powered by a 647 cc two-cylinder gasoline engine with a small fuel tank that engages when the battery level drops to a pre-specified point, acting purely as a generator to produce electricity to extend the range to 240 km (150 mi) for the model with the 60 Ah battery under the EPA test cycle."
    Hmm, my mistake. I thought it drove the wheels, too. So, yeah, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    3,800 lbs aero camper reduced the range of a Model X 100D 45-60% at 50-60 mph.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...-superchargers
    That's a pretty interesting story. I just can't help but consider all the other things I could do with the money a Model X costs. I also wouldn't want to be so reliant on hook-up campgrounds. A small generator would add negligible weight to that setup and could potentially make that possible at more secluded camp sites.

From my reading, the tear-drop travel trailers are probably not much more aerodynamic than typical TTs. I wonder how much they could have improved their range with a pop-up.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0625.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	283424

513 miles, Jersey Turnpike, George Washington Bridge, Cross-Bronx and fucking Connecticut later, all is well.

Man I hate Connecticut.

Did you know that Connecticut is called “The Nutmeg State” because back in Colonial days nutmegs were expensive and some enterprising Connecticut-ers figured out how to scam people by making fake nutmegs out of wood? True story. And apparently they’re still proud of it 250 years later. Figures. Fuck that place.

But I digress.

Man all I really wanted was for someone to say "nice truck!" or "good luck on your trip!" or some shit.

But then I had to go all Connecticut on you poor bastards. My bad.

Connecticut has good pizza at least.

I’m glad the brakes held up for you. Wasn’t that the truck whose lines gave out on you? Looks in good shape for a northern truck of that vintage. When I go to MN for work, most that vintage have rotted out from road salt.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Connecticut has good pizza at least.
    I was going to say the same thing. I’d like to say fuck Connecticut but new haven is truly the pizza capital of the usa

Yeah same truck NC. My wife hates it. Understandable since she almost died driving it. She won't drive it.

This is like the best thing ever.