Page 67 of 199 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Are Jeep Grand Cherokees still fairly unreliable or have they improved?
    I used to be a Jeep guy...

Drove a Sequoia all weekend. Probably going to buy one.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    A partnership between Fiat and Chrysler/Dodge, what could go wrong!?

If you want a truck, get a truck. I agree with the go drive them suggestion. Toyota got heavy handed trying to squeeze mileage out of an inherently poor mileage vehicle, using the same concepts and technology they use in their cars. The result is that drive-ability suffers a bit. It bothers some more than others, and there are workarounds, but the only way to know is to drive one. It's still a Toyota, and a solid truck with excellent reliability ratings and resale value.
    What’s wrong with it’s drivability? Just under powered?

So there have been several threads on new/used Tacoma's over the past month and in my quest to replace the Camry and GTI with another truck I took a spin in one...

Truck in question is a 2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad DCSB that had 7 miles. Dealer listed $34K

First we will start off with what everybody hates, the transmission. Truck was warmed up and ready to go when we set off, gently taking off the transmission shifted so fast into what seemed like 4th gear by 25mph. Weird. A quick jab of the throttle at 45 it got confused, but eventually took off. Letting off it went strait for 6th. Rather annoying I say, who knows if it would get better once it learns your driving.

The 3.5 was more than adequate in my opinion. Everybody seems to say the 4.0 is better, I honestly beg to differ. It does have to rev up a decent bit to get moving, so low end torque is lacking. However, this is the EXACT characteristic of the 4.0 in my 2009, have to rev the snot out of it to get it to decently move. The 3.5 felt smoother with a bit more power. The engine bay layout was shockingly the exact same as the second gens.

The interior was top notch to me, but I'm not hard to impress. Everything was laid out well and had a decent amount of technology for the price. Lane assist, front crash avoidance, wireless phone charging, etc. Seats were comfy to me and I actually liked the seating position. There was a little bit too much going on with the steering wheel buttons, maybe once I got used to it, it would be ok. Front leg room was decent, but I'm only 5'8". If you're any taller the rear passengers will be cramped.

Handling was light years above my '09, but that's to be expected as my truck is approaching 134K and has a lift kit. It rode smooth and soaked up the pot hole ladened road. Cornering was how you expect in a truck, some body roll was expected. Nothing much else to really say about it.

Overall I thought it was a nice truck and even with the goofy transmission programing I would still purchase it. Even though I own a Tacoma I went into it unbiased as I could be. Like I said the transmission was a little bit of a letdown and I don't seem to remember an earlier 3rd gen doing this, but it's been a while. Our Camry behaves the same; trying to get in the upper gears as quick as possible. Might be the reason I don't mind it as much as others. The 5 speed auto in my truck does also act similar (contrary to what people say) as it tries to shift as early as possible. I have to keep it in 4th alot of times so it doesn't bog down.

The newer Jeep Grand Cherokee’s drive great, have good power, can tow 6500 max vs the average of 3500-5000 for similar sized SUV’s. The handle well too and are great in the snow. Has like 8 gears I think so really smooth shifting and peppy. Sub par gas mileage (18 mpg avg) Guess I just got lucky? It was my wife’s 3 year lease so she traded in for the new Honda Passport. We both like the Jeep better. I guess you could get a lemon and not sure if the long term issues that could arise after 3 years. Handles way better than my 4Runner and has more power. I’m not a car guy so can’t comment in much else.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The 8-speed from German brand ZF is pretty slick. They're in high end European vehicles in addition to the domestic Jeeps and Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The newer Jeep Grand Cherokee’s drive great
    I think he meant the new Tacomas?

But yes the new GC drives great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    what happened?
    That's the second Colorado I've seen like that. First was towing a 3k trailer on a bumpy FS road....those trucks are baby shit, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Drove a Sequoia all weekend. Probably going to buy one.
    I have an '06, fucking love it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Don’t get anything newer than a 2015. The 3rd gens are garbage (2016+). Read up on the well documented issue with no power, constant shifting transmissions, diff leaks...
    Asked my mechanic about Tacoma's. He only mentioned leaks on Gen2 models, but maybe he doesn't see a lot of Gen3 yet. Wouldn't diff leaks on a Gen3 be covered under warranty? I can't imagine the power and transmission shifting issues being any worse than my current Gen 1 Taco with 320k on it. Sounds like I'd be getting the same thing in a newer, nicer package.

My Dad bought a 2018 TRD Pro last spring. He's a traveling fool and must have put at least 30k on it by now and has had zero complaints, FWIW. Certainly hasn't complained about lack of power, quite the opposite actually, but his previous vehicle was also a '04 Escape so that's relative. Doesn't tow, but does have a Go Fast Camper on it.

Maybe I’m picky. Maybe I got a bad one. Either way I was glad to be rid of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The newer Jeep Grand Cherokee’s drive great, have good power, can tow 6500 max vs the average of 3500-5000 for similar sized SUV’s. The handle well too and are great in the snow. Has like 8 gears I think so really smooth shifting and peppy. Sub par gas mileage (18 mpg avg) Guess I just got lucky? It was my wife’s 3 year lease so she traded in for the new Honda Passport. We both like the Jeep better. I guess you could get a lemon and not sure if the long term issues that could arise after 3 years. Handles way better than my 4Runner and has more power. I’m not a car guy so can’t comment in much else.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I did mean the Tacoma but that’s good to hear about the Jeep.

However, I’ve always stayed away from Jeeps after hearing endless complaints about their reliability. Have they improved?

I have an '08 Ram 2500 short bed with a Cummins diesel. With MXT tires it handles nasty fs roads and snow as well as my previous 4runner did (although a bit bumpier), gets way better mileage, can do actual work, has a more comfortable cab, can tow twice as much, scares small children, and will last far longer with proper maintenance. Plus my dog loves it

The Cybertruck was unveiled. DeLorean lives.

Musk says that bed can hold up to 3500 pounds of payload on every version, and the strongest model can tow 14,000 pounds.

Every Cybertruck will have an adaptive suspension that will provide the pickup with up to 16 inches of ground clearance and the ability to change the ride height on the fly by four inches in either direction. Those looking to take the lifted Tesla off-roading will have a 39-degree approach angle up front and a 28-degree departure angle out back.

The Cybertruck will also come in three different versions that range from just under $40,000 to nearly $70,000.
    Name:  22C637B8-C551-4A23-8AB4-0587F7727D68.png
Views: 518
Size:  462.5 KB

And ferdalulz:

I dunno, the stern is growing on me.

A first year design student could smooth those lines out and make this thing actually attractive.
    The price is intriguing, but I couldn't look at that thing.

Good thing Musk is so smart, because he can't present for shit. Claiming the windows won't break, and then some lightweight engineer breaks it with a 20 mph pitch? Major presentation fail. Always test the product before you get on the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Good thing Musk is so smart, because he can't present for shit. Claiming the windows won't break, and then some lightweight engineer breaks it with a 20 mph pitch? Major presentation fail. Always test the product before you get on the stage.
    Yeah. That fail was SERIOUSLY cringe-worthy.

TSLA down 6% this morning.

What a clown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    The Cybertruck was unveiled. DeLorean lives.

Name:  22C637B8-C551-4A23-8AB4-0587F7727D68.png
Views: 518
Size:  462.5 KB

My last fish shuttle of the year was in an F-150 raptor, twin turbo V6 with 478 hp, the noise the power ... holy shit !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    My last fish shuttle of the year was in an F-150 raptor, twin turbo V6 with 478 hp, the noise the power ... holy shit !
    Pay attention, the engine noise comes from the speakers. Lol.

I don't know, I think the truck is pretty rad.

The price is great. This may go to the top of the list for next vehicle.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Its just so ugly. I'm not that vain of a person, but good lord, I can't get past it.