Page 123 of 199 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yes. I've made the mistake of trying to get my wife to consider a 4wd Sienna. She's like "the closest I'll ever get to that is a 4runner"
    Wimmen are so weird...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Well, it was either that or a minivan... and you know how most soccer moms feel about minivans.
    "let's go fuck in the back, this game's boring/my kid isn't good at soccer"

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    "let's go fuck in the back, this game's boring/my kid isn't good at soccer"
    That's how most soccer *dads* think... I'll grant ya that.

That's disappointing.

So when you said upthread that you're already on the waiting list so-to-speak for the hybrid, do you know what the configurations will be? Most of the reviews I'm seeing are big on the fluff, and light on the tech.
    I might be missing your question but the hybrid will be an option on all trims Limited and above; platinum, 1794, and Pro. Hybrid automatically gets digital gauge cluster. Panoramic roof optional on these trims as well. 14” screen on higher packages. 3 different suspension options. All have nanny safety braking and lane assist. 360 camera on higher packages. A neat auto trailer backing feature.

My spot(s) allows me a shot at the dealership’s early inventory. They will present the closest matching configurations in order. Granted there’s limited info at this stage. I’m sure by November we’ll know all the details with pricing. After that I’ll tighten up the ‘reservations’ I have and the dealers will be more prepared for whom gets what, once they know which trucks Toyota is sending them. As I said they speculate we can modify some components of the configuration before it goes into build date.

All Tundra’s will have 4 doors. Crew cab now has 6.5’ option. TRD Pro- only crew cab and 5.5’ though. Access cab has choice of 6.5’ and 8’ bed.

Yeah, that's what I was asking, thanks. So it looks like the only way to get a hybrid / smaller cab / medium bed is the limited trim.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Well, it was either that or a minivan... and you know how most soccer moms feel about minivans.
    Heh, I know this is a thread about trucks I'm cluttering up, but I love the minivan form factor. My wife - normally not a keeping up with the Jones person - did not. I bought a Transit Connect anyway (despite the fact that we didn't have a kid at the time and just wanted it for travel/outdoor sports reasons). She's been completely won over. She loves the form factor now. The big, low square rear cargo area makes it super easy to load tons of stuff quickly and we can just quickly stack/load/unload our gasket tubs when camping. Two years of bumping around Forest Service/BLM roads on those trips have led to her being supportive of acquiring a truck/SUV to make such roads more comfortable/less likely to tear the vehicle apart, but I'm having a hard time giving up the van form factor, which I find ideal. I would absolutely consider getting an AWD Sienna hybrid, putting a 2 in lift on it, and using it as the ultimate road trip vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Heh, I know this is a thread about trucks I'm cluttering up, but I love the minivan form factor. My wife - normally not a keeping up with the Jones person - did not. I bought a Transit Connect anyway (despite the fact that we didn't have a kid at the time and just wanted it for travel/outdoor sports reasons). She's been completely won over. She loves the form factor now. The big, low square rear cargo area makes it super easy to load tons of stuff quickly and we can just quickly stack/load/unload our gasket tubs when camping. Two years of bumping around Forest Service/BLM roads on those trips have led to her being supportive of acquiring a truck/SUV to make such roads more comfortable/less likely to tear the vehicle apart, but I'm having a hard time giving up the van form factor, which I find ideal. I would absolutely consider getting an AWD Sienna hybrid, putting a 2 in lift on it, and using it as the ultimate road trip vehicle.
    Yep - we got a Honda Odyssey when the 3rd kid was on the way back in 2004. Still have it. It's gone through every kid (3rd one is currently driving it). It's really the most useful form-factor for hauling people, animals, and stuff around. That damned van doesn't owe us *anything* at this point. Even made one of our guy-trips up to Jackson one year:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Van_JHole.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	956.7 KB 
ID:	387529

Trucks.

Yeah, that's what I was asking, thanks. So it looks like the only way to get a hybrid / smaller cab / medium bed is the limited trim.
    If you decide on it, Marysville Toyota was my best option thus far that could work for you. Even said they’ll offer a designated discount (determined later) to all reservations/deposits except on the Pro model. $500 deposit

Luke, am I hearing you correctly that if I were to buy a hybrid Tundra, I could get a double cab 6' bed if I went Limited or higher? I have a double cab Limited now and could be talked into another one in another 100-150k miles if it had a hybrid.

Yes. I've made the mistake of trying to get my wife to consider a 4wd Sienna. She's like "the closest I'll ever get to that is a 4runner"
    I've tried to get a minivan a few times now and run into almost exactly the same answer. Shit pisses me off...

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Luke, am I hearing you correctly that if I were to buy a hybrid Tundra, I could get a double cab 6' bed if I went Limited or higher? I have a double cab Limited now and could be talked into another one in another 100-150k miles if it had a hybrid.
    That’s how I am interpreting the info so far. I’m positive about limited and higher for hybrid. However all of the press vehicles displayed so far show the battery is underneath the rear seat in a crew cab.
    Another note is- my trusted dealer contact said hybrid battery will come out in the Pros first then trickle down. So it might be some time before it hits Limited trim.

I'd buy the Pro just for the orange color, but it's going to be too much $ and not really what I need.

Thanks for the tip on Marysville. I actually got a good deal on my Taco from Wilson/Bellingham, but their lot has been almost empty for months, so I'm not sure they'll be in a dealing mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Luke, am I hearing you correctly that if I were to buy a hybrid Tundra, I could get a double cab 6' bed if I went Limited or higher?
    I went down a rabbit hole after Luke's post, and it seems like the only way to get the hybrid with a double cab is the "Limited" trim. Everything above is either crewmax or short bed.

I'd guess that the proportion of customers paying MSRP has never been higher than it is right now
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

the Solar Octane color is
    Toyota lost me on the Pro with the ‘technical camo’ accents

Just like the current Pro, I'm sure it will be a big markup over any other model but still a fairly vanilla bypass shock setup which can be replicated more cheaply via aftermarket shocks on a limited.

I was hoping the new pro was going to be a raptor competitive truck with a lot more travel and tire clearance from factory.

I went down a rabbit hole after Luke's post, and it seems like the only way to get the hybrid with a double cab is the "Limited" trim. Everything above is either crewmax or short bed.
    So the Toyota execs did read my comment card and are building me what I want. Bingo.

Yah I think the money move for the rural crowd would be hybrid limited TRD off-road package and get the locking diff.
    I’m eager to check out the platinum with adaptive suspension. Which brings a Sport+ driver function like on the Lexus Fsport’s. The chassis shares global architecture with the Land Cruiser we don’t get. Give me one of those with a bed.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Yah I think the money move for the rural crowd would be hybrid limited TRD off-road package and get the locking diff.
    I’m eager to check out the platinum with adaptive suspension. Which brings a Sport+ driver function like on the Lexus Fsport’s. The chassis shares global architecture with the Land Cruiser we don’t get. Give me one of those with a bed.
    Yeah, agree. Basically what my truck is. Wish you could skip all the nanny shit though.

Maybe we'll get an offroad package new gen Lexus LX or GX?

One rumor was the new LX was going to have a twin turbo v8 hybrid to compete with other luxury fullsize SUVs from Bentley etc. Thatd be sweet, considering how much power is getting squeezed from the TT V6.

Sad we don't get the 300 series.

The pending revised lx won’t be a 300 series?

What’s going to happen with the sequoia?

The new LX is (will be) a 300 Series.

Trucks.

Thumbnail change Name:  IMG_8281.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  90.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Thumbnail change Name:  IMG_8281.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  90.1 KB
    I love it. Except that big ass, ugly grill.

Toyota had a chance and they blew it with that design. Got to climb all over one locally a couple weeks ago. Nice to see the interior finally almost catching up to the others.

It looks like a GMC Sierra but not in a good way. Wish toyota had leaned a little more on the land cruiser heritage and feel with the design. Maybe they could have made round headlights a thing again?

The whale mouth grill with angry eye headlights thing on Toyotas (and other cars) is getting really tiresome.