Page 88 of 199 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jjr View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the new ranger? Looking for a small/midsize truck, loved the old rangers..
    Drove my brothrr’s 2WD ranger extra cab, nice. The size and visibility are great for city driving or narrow dirt roads. It’s refreshing to drive a truck that doesn’t have a ten foot long hood and tall grille. He’s only put 10k miles on but no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    My 5.7 averages 14-15 mpg. The 26 gallon tank is too small IMO. One of the only gripes. it's reliable
    Was a big factor for me going f150 a few years ago. I think you could get a 38 gal in a Tundra starting around 2015 though. They were out if my price range when I was shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Drove my brothrr’s 2WD ranger extra cab, nice. The size and visibility are great for city driving or narrow dirt roads. It’s refreshing to drive a truck that doesn’t have a ten foot long hood and tall grille. He’s only put 10k miles on but no issues.
    I had a Ranger as a loaner while my F150 was in the shop with a blown engine (at 80k). Drove ok, definitely had some get up and go. But sometimes I'd push the gas, and get nothing. One time it stalled out completely for no apparent reason. Kinda weird for a brand new truck. I put the first 5K miles on that truck and by the end I was convinced that it was a POS.

All you Toyota fanboys will love this:

Anyone recommend a brand/type for aftermarket Ford (1999) headlights? I need to replace the original foggy covers and upgrade the housing/lamp performance a bit. But I don't want to get the ultra-bright kind and have people flashing their headlights at me when I don't have my brights on.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Anyone recommend a brand/type for aftermarket Ford (1999) headlights? I need to replace the original foggy covers and upgrade the housing/lamp performance a bit. But I don't want to get the ultra-bright kind and have people flashing their headlights at me when I don't have my brights on.
    When I had the same generation F-150, I replaced them with some non-OEM units and they were marginal. If I were to do it again, I'd find the best performing units you can on RockAuto, ideal as close to OEM as possible. I sold the truck not long after replacing the headlights.

What is RockAuto's deal? The website works but is ancient and I have no idea what quality I'm buying when I choose from 12 options. Looks like a gamble for an upgrade and the place gets 2 of 5 stars.

What is RockAuto's deal? The website works but is ancient and I have no idea what quality I'm buying when I choose from 12 options. Looks like a gamble for an upgrade and the place gets 2 of 5 stars.
    i have had only good experiences w RA. usually buy the option with the because I don't know enough to evaluate one set of brake pads from the next.

also, google around for a 5% coupon code b4 checkout. easy to come by.

Try this link- should have what you need on one of these sites.
    https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threa...uld-get.99065/

Edit- lots of dead links there.

Try this one:
    https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Hea...products/1463/

RA is awesome for wiper blades. Top-shelf winter beam-styles blades for $5-6 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    RA is awesome for wiper blades. Top-shelf winter beam-styles blades for $5-6 each.
    I've ordered lots of stuff from RA over the years but never thought about this. Good tip!

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    i have had only good experiences w RA. usually buy the option with the because I don't know enough to evaluate one set of brake pads from the next.

also, google around for a 5% coupon code b4 checkout. easy to come by.
    Your image is dead, what emoji do you look for? The heart?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Try this link- should have what you need on one of these sites.
    https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threa...uld-get.99065/

Edit- lots of dead links there.

Try this one:
    https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Hea...products/1463/
    Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm looking to upgrade to a modern headlight that doesn't blind people. I don't want to buy OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    hA, I just bought wiper blades today, somewhere else. Next time! Thanks.

I mean I can just do a google search myself and first thing that comes up are these options. https://www.carid.com/1999-ford-e-series-headlights/

Hard to say what is better but I'll figure it out.

Check out 1A auto. I've used rockAuto many times but this latest time I was having a hard time finding a taillight lens for an '04 Silverado on RockAuto, so I searched around on some forums and came up with 1A Auto's name. Easy to navigate site, lots of installation videos, good prices, fast delivery. I only used them once so far but I'll use them again. Not sure how they are on headlights.

https://www.1aauto.com

Seems like Euro-style Spec D or Anzo crystal headlights are what I'm looking for.

Your image is dead, what emoji do you look for? The heart?
    that's a fuckin poem right there.

but yah

Rivian delivery date has been pushed all the way to Jan 2022.

What a joke

^^That sux but I can't say I'm surprised.

With the lift on that I’ll bet the headlamps are aimed a bit high. Pull it about 10 feet back from your garage door and turn on the lights, the bulk of the beam should be about kneeish to lower thigh.

There are two studs on the assembly to adjust. The rearward one is up and down, have someone stand in front and turn it to see which way the beam moves and adjust accordingly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6463E67-3956-4CC6-B811-8CE309BBDBEA.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	349496

Or, swing by sometime and I can throw a set of headlight aimers on it and check the adjustment.

Thanks Bob, I really appreciate it. I'll give it a whirl before reaching out.

And if your adjustment is out of whack, then after you get it dialed in, polishing your existing housings and doing an aftermarket bulb like silverstars may get you what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    And if your adjustment is out of whack, then after you get it dialed in, polishing your existing housings and doing an aftermarket bulb like silverstars may get you what you need.
    I'm not polishing housing again, that is a waste of time IMO. I'm upgrading.

Trucks.

Did you use a kit with the drill attachments? Those are legit.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Yes, and it fogged up again eventually. And then again. Was a 1998 4Runner.

If you were in the market for a new truck...specifically, a 1/2 ton, extended cab (not crew cab), standard bed (6.5') that will not be used for towing but as a mountain commuter and a weekend camper (putting a topper on). I plan on doing a fair amount of dirt road driving and some off roading to get to remote areas, nothing super rowdy, though...what are you looking at?

Currently liking the Chevy Silverado Trail Boss, but also somewhat considering Ford F150. Chevy seems to be offering the best incentives (cash back, APR, accessories), but Dodge and Nissan are starting to throw some deals out there (Haven't really looked at Titan or at Ram.) I see a lot of love for Tundras, but Toyota is not offering great incentives, and I'm not sure I can justify spending THAT much more for a truck. Is the extra 5-10k worth it?

Not really sure what I'm looking for here, but feel free to throw in your 2 cents. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    If you were in the market for a new truck...specifically, a 1/2 ton, extended cab (not crew cab), standard bed (6.5') that will not be used for towing but as a mountain commuter and a weekend camper (putting a topper on). I plan on doing a fair amount of dirt road driving and some off roading to get to remote areas, nothing super rowdy, though...what are you looking at?

Currently liking the Chevy Silverado Trail Boss, but also somewhat considering Ford F150. Chevy seems to be offering the best incentives (cash back, APR, accessories), but Dodge and Nissan are starting to throw some deals out there (Haven't really looked at Titan or at Ram.) I see a lot of love for Tundras, but Toyota is not offering great incentives, and I'm not sure I can justify spending THAT much more for a truck. Is the extra 5-10k worth it?

Not really sure what I'm looking for here, but feel free to throw in your 2 cents. Thanks!
    I picked up a ram warlock as a short term 1-2 year solution with the v6 for next to nothing. Gets 19-20 mpg on the freeway and functions reasonably well off-road

My OTD price was something like 28k

I don't love the truck but its ok overall