Page 86 of 199 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I browsed around at GX’s and didn’t see the cost to be any more desirable.
    Previous use or abuse is easy to hide.
    The latest one I looked at was flagged for frame rust but the dealer doesn’t want to talk about it.
    Not covered under the toyo frame recall I’m guessing?
    I think the GX deals are a little harder to find than they used to be. Around here, anyways, they're just easier to find stock and well cared for than a 4Runner if you're looking at 15 year old vehicles.

I don't think the rusty frame gets you anything except a broken truck.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'm seeing the same price or a touch less for private party sales. They also look pampered and most look like they were garaged and never driven in the winter because there's no rust in the underside pics. They're also usually lower miles than 4Runners. They're high on the list, so are the V70R AWD wagons I'm starting to come across.

I browsed around at GX’s and didn’t see the cost to be any more desirable.
    Previous use or abuse is easy to hide.
    The latest one I looked at was flagged for frame rust but the dealer doesn’t want to talk about it.
    Not covered under the toyo frame recall I’m guessing?
    That's the beautiful thing about Lexus, their core demographic from a new purchase perspective barely uses these trucks as they were intended or capable of. Provided they are relatively rust-free, mechanically they're well maintained and I haven't seen one that's junk or been beat. Speaking from a non-modified purchase.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    That's the beautiful thing about Lexus, their core demographic from a new purchase perspective barely uses these trucks as they were intended or capable of. Provided they are relatively rust-free, mechanically they're well maintained and I haven't seen one that's junk or been beat. Speaking from a non-modified purchase.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Well said.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Well said.

That’s exactly why I bought a LX470 over a LC 100. My truck was a lawyer wife’s grocery accessory. Also why I’ll likely buy a 570 over a LC200.

Secondary benefit; Lexus trucks are cheaper that Toyotas in a used market.

Noted on the various thoughts above, I’ll leave it in the search que.

Someone should buy this
    https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/...203498475.html

Gx470 is a great vehicle, with great potential to be upgraded to an adv/overland rig.

The newer gen gx460 had a lot of changes that took away some of their stout offroad potential.

Also, gx470 rides way nicer, feels much nicer than the comparable v8 4runner. Worth the extra $$ and you can always debadge to get rid of the "L" stigma.

pricing on the gx470 ain’t what it was two or three years ago but hopefully that swings back. i tried to buy a clean copy for sub 15K for over half a year and it never happened, but i am picky. i’ve seen a few clean 460 recently in the low 20s that i would sniff at, but the 470 would be a fun dedicated trail car.

What are the highlights of what they changed other than the body?
    (I guess this could be discussed in the should I buy a Lexus thread but I didn’t start it here)

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    This is important, these things don't ever really get used. It's the same with the other truck on my list, the LR3. These have become the high end suburban hill town grocery getter which couldn't ever possibly stress their systems so other than neglect they're in better shape than their competition. I'm seeing some really well sorted and maintained ones and they don't have the Toyota/Lexus price premium so you can get a little lower mileage or almost certainly garaged one for a few dollars less. I'm really leaning towards an LR3 HSE at this point but if a 470 popped up in front of me I'd roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I need my truck to go 0-60 in 3.
    swing your fucking sword.

Who thinks this is more likely to be accosted than a truck with topper, van, or suv?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24B7AA75-257C-40E2-842D-937A838AC4AF.jpeg 
Views:	130 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	344267

Who thinks this is more likely to be accosted than a truck with topper, van, or suv?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24B7AA75-257C-40E2-842D-937A838AC4AF.jpeg 
Views:	130 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	344267
    “Accosted”?

Are trucks being accosted these days? Christ, I fear for the Sorentos of the world.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    That's why we don't use MapQuest, kids.

The best vehicle I’ve ever owned, my ‘05 Limited TRD 4 door Tundra has 230k and she belches smoke at every ignition due to leaking head gaskets. Wife has an issue with the garage being cloaked in exhaust fumes every day and I don’t blame her. Power steering pump issues. Cracked leather on drivers seat means the foam is gone and the metal shows. Drivers window doesn’t work in the cold. Not sure it’s worth fixing. So...

So...in the 15-25k range.....what’s worthy? Newer Tundra? Older Tundra with the 6ft bed? Amurican? Prefer a full size backseat for the fellas when they are riding with me. Gonna need a topper. Will roll BFG AT-TA’s, best snow tire ever.

Uses: driving the the mtn, pulling a raft trailer and long drives on rutted out roads,usually usually with the 6’ bed full of raft gear for longer trips. Sometimes pull a camping trailer. Use the bed for work to transport cases of beer.

What say the the Maggots?
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Drove my 2001 Tundra to 200k plus, traded for a 2011; it’s been a joy to own. 105k on it, not a single issue. Pulls a 4000# camper with ease, 6.5’ bed means I can sleep in it, plenty of rear seat room for friends. If it ever dies I’ll get another in a heartbeat.

'06 tundra. Last year with the long 6'5" bed. Still can be had with lowish miles. You'll feel right at home again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Tundras are the best. Have 06 limited quad cab that is beat to shit but wont die.

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Looking like 2021 is the last year of Toyota's 5.7L V8. Get 'em while you can.

Any recommendations for good years/models of 3/4-1 ton trucks, gas or diesel, for throwing a camper on? Looking for less than $20K.

2012+ Ford with the 6.2 would be my pick. The Chevy gassers are good motors too.

For lightweight truck campers (FWC, ATC) an F150 with the payload package is kind of the Goldilocks truck, IMO. Previous gens are easy to spot but the current gen can be difficult and nobody knows WTF you’re talking about when you ask about it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.