Page 3 of 199 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post

Commonlaw what the hell kind of wagon are you driving? Must be fast.
    4.2L V8 S4. Picked it up from the shop yesterday (mega ouch on the price of a new alternator but crossing fingers on timing chain) and it was reading 8.7 mpg. Mechanic must have Buellered it.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    A face only a mother beluga would love.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yes, it is generally considered the fugliest SUV in the history of ever, but as I think I pointed out when Warthog posted a pic, you don't have to worry about it getting stolen.

lol. Living room on wheels though.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Is anyone else curious about the new jku-based pickup that fca is supposed to be dropping the details on this month? That could be a next car for our household if it is any good.

I'm happy with my rig for now, but I foresee a 4 door short bed truck in my future, with a pop-up camper in the bed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Not a truck, but built like one... I'm looking to get back into the FJ80 game. King of the SUVs.
    sigless.

There's always the 700hp Shelby Raptor...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    It's pretty much confirmed that a smallish diesel F150 is coming. Probably not the 3.2 in my Transit, but who knows.

I like how turbo diesels give zero fucks about altitude. OTOH the F150 2.7 gas turbo had a nice fat torque band when I drove it.
    I'm waiting on that F150 - diesel and aluminum for mountains and the salt of Utah sounds like a win-win. Hope my truck lasts until they get on the used market....

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    The problem with diesels is turbos. Not that they aren't cool as shit, but they lag.

Can-Am cars used to be deathtraps because of turbo lag. They'd bog, then come on like Mothafuckin Jones. This caused drivers to "Fail to negotiate" Gran Prix curves at an alarming rate...
    err, I don't think anyone plans on racing them - turbo lag is barely an issue and if you can anticipate just a little bit I don't see how having gobs of torque and better MPG in the mountains would turn you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Is anyone else curious about the new jku-based pickup that fca is supposed to be dropping the details on this month? That could be a next car for our household if it is any good.
    I wouldn't touch a single damn thing that FCA puts out, christ, did you see how they're press fitting gears on cams in the ecodiesel? That ended my desire for one of those.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Exactly 20/gallon on my 08 tundra. Friend of a friend gets 24 with cold air intake and chip

Just wanted another yota after my old 91. Had that 13 yrs and with purchase price and any repairs it was $1000can$/yr. going to be more with the tundra. I would have preferred standard and non of the electrical gadgets the tundra has but it was the cleanest I looked at out of the tacos, fj and tundras I looked at. Appreciating all the details though. Little things like EZ shut doors and tail gate. Very smooth ride in comparison to the fords of one big contractor I worked for, current contractor is all chev and they are much better than the fords for maintenance but still a fair bit of cheap corner cutting. Only thing I like about dodge is Cummings . Great engines but if something goes wrong on a diesel it's $. Besides I have no use for diesel unless it's my plow truck . Bud at work just got a new Titan so interested to c how that goes. Cheaper price than yota and he likes it but time will tell. Yota=piece of mind

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    A face only a mother beluga would love.

Q: What's the difference between yo mama and a beluga whale?

A: 30 lbs and a flannel shirt.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post

err, I don't think anyone plans on racing them - turbo lag is barely an issue and if you can anticipate just a little bit I don't see how having gobs of torque and better MPG in the mountains would turn you off.

It doesn't. Just been driving hopped-up turbodiesels for 20 years, and might have got in a brakecheck a time or two when I was going fast enough to bend wiper blades and a damn curve jumps out in the middle of the road to commit suicide...

Of course, a high rev turbodiesel with an aluminum body won't experience any lag a stUD like you can't handle with one nut tied behind his back. But I was talking about mortal men.
    I'm just a little concerned about the rookies and their chipped-up slingshots...When that rubber band comes on, there better not be nuttin in their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

So, you found her dildo and it scarred you, and now you're trying to scar the whole of your readership?

OTOH the F150 2.7 gas turbo had a nice fat torque band when I drove it.
    I have that in the F150 I bought this summer (last of the 2014 models). The turbo really kicks thinks up when you stand on it. However, I try not to since it drinks gas like crazy whenever you can start to here the turbo.
    I started out getting 20 mpg with it and now I'm at 13.8 . The first few months I took some longer drives that got me some pretty good mileage. My commute to work, is the suckage for mpg. I only got 16 with my Tacoma.
    On another note, there are a lot of turned up diesel trucks driving around my town driven by young guys with apparently very disposable incomes. I swear their favorite pastime is to see who can create the biggest cloud of black smoke. They have gotten worse about it since fuel started getting cheaper. The funny thing is they have beaten on them so hard that a lot of them are really starting to sound like shit.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Exactly 20/gallon on my 08 tundra. Friend of a friend gets 24 with cold air intake and chip

Just wanted another yota after my old 91. Had that 13 yrs and with purchase price and any repairs it was $1000can$/yr. going to be more with the tundra. I would have preferred standard and non of the electrical gadgets the tundra has but it was the cleanest I looked at out of the tacos, fj and tundras I looked at. Appreciating all the details though. Little things like EZ shut doors and tail gate. Very smooth ride in comparison to the fords of one big contractor I worked for, current contractor is all chev and they are much better than the fords for maintenance but still a fair bit of cheap corner cutting. Only thing I like about dodge is Cummings . Great engines but if something goes wrong on a diesel it's $. Besides I have no use for diesel unless it's my plow truck . Bud at work just got a new Titan so interested to c how that goes. Cheaper price than yota and he likes it but time will tell. Yota=piece of mind

Oops facked my conversion. Make that 12 miles to the gallon with a possible 14-15/gallon w the intake and chip. Fkn 20 would b sweet

Yeah I knew you fucked up the conversion. Google is hard.

Yeah I knew you fucked up the conversion. Google is hard.
    Haa nice. I don't really stomp on it either. Fair bit of hi4 with the snow and occasional summer shuttle

Been getting 15litre/100km (15.7miles/gallon) highway with the new '15 Chevy 1500 with canopy and a lot of 4Hi. That's with the 5.3l and AFM. Had me do a double take with those tundra numbers. The lady of the house is getting irritated at the effort I have put into selling the 03 Taco, but I figure it's paid for and I still like to use it around town so what's the rush. Unless someone wants to trade for a late model 800 summit....

Put 1,500 miles on a 2016 Silverado 1500 (5.3L, auto, 2WD, quad cab) over two weeks. Don't know how accurate it was, but the onboard computer showed an average between 21 and 22 MPG on the highway. Truck had around 3,000 miles on it.

Trucks.

I get around 14-16mpg for a long bed crew cab gas Silverado 2500...in 4hi I can watch the fuel gauge move while I'm driving

GM cylinder deactivation, AFAIK, is kind of a band aid approach to improving mpg on older engine designs. Many report issues with it long-term eg excessive oil consumption.

Trucks.

Best we got was in first couple 1000km was approx 20mpg (without the cap). Also dropped a litre of oil in the first 5000km, but now just under 9000 and the level has been steady. Maybe they tweeked something during the first service, there was some recall/update to the computer and the AFM is much smoother now. We'll see at the next service around 15000km. Family is loving the room in the crewcab.

^ First time hearing about the 5.3 oil issue. That sucks.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/trucks-t...roblems.html#b

lame. I thought this was going to be about trucks.