Page 154 of 199 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

got an older volvo SUV that is starting to die, repairs are worth more than the car is worth. Looking at getting a truck for an eventual pop-up camper setup, but not enjoying looking at used truck prices at the moment.

An older double cab tundra (gen 2) would be ideal, but used ones with about 100k miles in good condition are only ~15k less than a brand new 2022 tundra. Will have to wait a bit to get a new one, but believe I can limp my existing SUV long enough to cover the gap.

I have never bough new before, just didnt see the point. Am I crazy for considering this?

Trucks.

I went through the same process in 2019, before prices went totally crazy. Used tricks with under 100k were only around 5-6k less than what I paid for a brand new truck. One thing I noticed when looking is that most used trucks had lots of options that I didn’t need/want. Ended up getting a gmc 1500 crew cab 4x4 work truck, with blind spot detection, tow package and spray in bed liner for $33k once all paid off. When everything shut down for Covid a few months later I’ve was wondering if I bought at a bad time. Turns out I timed it perfect. Have a coworker looking at trucks more and prices for used are way more than what I paid new. I’ve fell for anyone in the market now.

The market is ridiculous.
    I've decided to keep putting money into my 2007 with 330k miles because it just doesn't make sense to pay the prices as they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    got an older volvo SUV that is starting to die, repairs are worth more than the car is worth. Looking at getting a truck for an eventual pop-up camper setup, but not enjoying looking at used truck prices at the moment.

An older double cab tundra (gen 2) would be ideal, but used ones with about 100k miles in good condition are only ~15k less than a brand new 2022 tundra. Will have to wait a bit to get a new one, but believe I can limp my existing SUV long enough to cover the gap.

I have never bough new before, just didnt see the point. Am I crazy for considering this?
    Do yourself a favor, new or used; get an 8' bed because an 8' pop-up is MUCH nicer than a 6.5'.

^this is truth. That, and if you want the camper to not be a pop-up, you'll want to think about a 2500/3500 size. Lots of discussion in this thread and the who's sleeping in parking lots thread.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Most trucks hold their value extremely well, of which Toyota is the king. I'd go new if you can find one as you'll sell it eventually for way more than you think.

The current market is bonkers with used rigs going for more than they sold for new, but Toyota's have always had extremely low cost of ownership between the reliability and resale value holding very strong. My FJ cost me under 1k a year for example over my 4 years of ownership after buying new, including all maintenance and reg fees, and that was pre-covid. My current Tundra is now worth 7ish grand more than I paid for it 4 years ago new. That's a free truck including gas!
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I went through the same process in 2019, before prices went totally crazy. Used tricks with under 100k were only around 5-6k less than what I paid for a brand new truck. One thing I noticed when looking is that most used trucks had lots of options that I didn’t need/want. Ended up getting a gmc 1500 crew cab 4x4 work truck, with blind spot detection, tow package and spray in bed liner for $33k once all paid off. When everything shut down for Covid a few months later I’ve was wondering if I bought at a bad time. Turns out I timed it perfect. Have a coworker looking at trucks more and prices for used are way more than what I paid new. I’ve fell for anyone in the market now.
    Same here, bought my Tacoma in fall 2019. I normally buy used but prices were ridiculous. I'd gladly pay $5k more to have a truck with full warranty and 0 miles on it rather than 40k, 60k or more miles. There are still some dealers selling vehicles at MSRP so that's what I'd try and track down if buying now.

Not crazy given the used market right now. However, waiting until Toyota gets some of the issues worked out with the gen3 Tundra is probably a good idea.

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Not crazy given the used market right now. However, waiting until Toyota gets some of the issues worked out with the gen3 Tundra is probably a good idea.
    What issues? Looking at the new tundras right now, possibly the hybrid version

We have a 2020 that’s worth about $15k more than we paid for it which is wild. My wife toes boats all day so we like to have new trucks under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post

We have a 2020 that’s worth about $15k more than we paid for it which is wild. My wife toes boats all day so we like to have new trucks under warranty.
    Random turbo issues (wastegate) causing it to fail. Lots of talk about it on Tundras.com. A few articles floating around as well - https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...up-179617.html

It's a Toyota so I'm sure they will have it fixed before too long.

Come on guys, some guy named Keith on Youtube had a problem, so yeah, they're all lemons.
    Live Free or Die

I heard that you won’t get a lemon from Toyota of Orange. Is that no longer true?!!

I just spoke with dealer about hybrid motor. Toyota is taking factory orders for them, but delivery is at least 6-8 months out. If course you have to get Limited or higher trim package to order hybrid. Not available on SR or SR5

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    I just spoke with dealer about hybrid motor. Toyota is taking factory orders for them, but delivery is at least 6-8 months out. If course you have to get Limited or higher trim package to order hybrid. Not available on SR or SR5
    Ford's hybrid is available on any trim level. I still have a running debate in my head about swapping my Limited Tundra for an XLT F150 hybrid. I'd double my mileage easily.

Trucks.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...t-test-review/

The new EV Hummer weights 9,000 lbs and runs a sub 12 second 1/4 mile. What. the. fuck.

And at that weight it is a fat tax write off....

My buddy has a Tundra with the rusty frame, he qualifyed for the new frame unfortuantley he didn't hear about it in time so when he tried for a new frame Toyota said sorry that deal is finished
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    And at that weight it is a fat tax write off....
    A Rivian and a Tesla also qualify. It isn't hard to qualify for the 6k weight for EV's with fat batteries.
    Live Free or Die

What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Wild,
    I paid 17.5k in 2012 for my '03 with 32k on the clock, then I see this thing today:
    https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7739797
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

"I know what I have"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Wild,
    I paid 17.5k in 2012 for my '03 with 32k on the clock, then I see this thing today:
    Omg that’s hilarious. Last Fall I sold my 2005 tundra for more than i paid 5y prior after driving it for 60k miles. And my neighbor got a VERY good deal on a truck with less than 100k miles. Coulda made few more grand on it but I’m a sucker for passing along a good deal to a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Wild,
    The photos in the LDS church parking lot really adds to the listing.

I just checked, and I'm seeing F150's in my truck's vintage that have similar mileage (135K) priced at $26K. WTF?

The photos in the LDS church parking lot really adds to the listing.
    Hey!

People,he knows what he has here,don’t waste his time or yours.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums