Page 149 of 199 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Serious question: do they salt the roads heavier and/or more frequently in the NE compared to the intermountain west? I try to spray off the underside of the cars every 2-3 weeks here in UT/ID/WY land. Maybe that just makes me feel better?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Utah uses more salt per road mile than I am pretty sure (it’s been a while since I have seen updated numbers) anybody. Benefit of having a huge free salt source next to the population center. Great for bridge building - bad for vehicles. It’s kind of a relief to be in Colorado where I don’t feel like I need to wash my truck after every storm.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I just read that all 6 new England states are in the national top 10 for salt use per highway mile. Not sure who else is.

It would be surprising if NY and OH aren't in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I just read that all 6 new England states are in the national top 10 for salt use per highway mile. Not sure who else is.
    Some of them may be in the top ten twice.

There is a huge difference in what vehicles look like 10+ years on in New England versus Montana; I can't speak to the other intermountain states.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Like I said I haven’t seen the numbers in a few years. But from what I recall all the other top states were in The northeast

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I woulda thought the upper Midwest would be up there too.

I’m sure several of those states are in the upper end. I know Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and Colorado use very little given the amount of snow they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    To clarify, I mean a vehicle to own for ~10 years, mostly thinking about mileage, but thinking anything sub 50-60K miles is a great place to look.
    You're welcome to look under my F-150 that spent most of its life up there. It only has 40K on the clock, but the underside looks like it spent its life under the Gulf of Mexico. I wouldn't do it for something you're hoping to keep for a long time.

The other day I was I was talking to the guy who built my house, dealer refused to work on his truck ('13 Silverado, ~100K) because of frame rust, they said it was unsafe to drive.

Huh... Learn a new term every day here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_Belt

Zero salt in Oregon that I'm aware of, FWIW. Just massive amounts of lava rock/sand. (Edit, apparently they do use salt in some places
    https://www.oregon.gov/odot/Maintena...alt-Pilot.aspx)

Regarding max speed cruise control, isn't that pretty much most new cars these days? Or maybe just with the right option packages? Got it on our Kia and F350. It's been on the last 10+ rental cars I've driven. None were Teslas.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mattig; 01-13-2022 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I’m sure several of those states are in the upper end. I know Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and Colorado use very little given the amount of snow they get.

Maybe the southern half of Idaho but definitely not the case in the Panhandle. They spray that shit in the winter here when it’s sunny and dry. Lol
    One drive to Kellogg and back and my truck has a nasty thick white film all over it.

Washington state is heavy on the salt again now too.

In the 18-state western state coalition called WASHTO (the Western
    Association of State and Highway Transportation O˛cials), 90% of the
    states use salt (along with snow plowing) as their primary winter road
    treatment method.
    https://apps.itd.idaho.gov/Apps/info...daho_Roads.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Huh... Learn a new term every day here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_Belt

Zero salt in Oregon that I'm aware of, FWIW. Just massive amounts of lava rock/sand. (Edit, apparently they do use salt in some places
    https://www.oregon.gov/odot/Maintena...alt-Pilot.aspx)

Regarding max speed cruise control, isn't that pretty much most new cars these days? Or maybe just with the right option packages? Got it on our Kia and F350. It's been on the last 10+ rental cars I've driven. None were Teslas.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    But if only we did use salt. All our problems would be solved… at least that’s what a New Englander told me after trying to declare that they got more snow than we did and that it’s totally possible to drive in mountains with only RWD and all season tires (chains or snow tires are for whimps according to him) if only we salted our roads.

All sarcasm aside that magnesium chloride de-icer shit isn’t best on the trucks, but at least it isn’t salt.
    Last edited by Hood26; 01-13-2022 at 11:30 PM.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Starting to see Mavericks out in the wild. It’s a sharp little truck, I bet they’ll sell like crazy. Sorry for the digression, back to salt talk.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

First thing I noticed when i moved from NY to OR years ago was that all the cars looked new to me.

Ordered myself something to help with my small genitalia.

If anyone is interested in placing a factory order, I've got the plug. $10k off MSRP on 2022 TRXs. 6% off invoice on 1500,2500,3500s. I sold a base 21 TRX (72k msrp) yesterday with 4k miles for 88k. Should have this truck in 6-8 weeks.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

That thing is badass!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Ordered myself something to help with my small genitalia.

If anyone is interested in placing a factory order, I've got the plug. $10k off MSRP on 2022 TRXs. 6% off invoice on 1500,2500,3500s. I sold a base 21 TRX (72k msrp) yesterday with 4k miles for 88k. Should have this truck in 6-8 weeks.

I'm confused, if you can get a '22 trx for $10k under MSRP, how in the hell are you selling a'21 with 4k on the clock for over MSRP?

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    I'm confused, if you can get a '22 trx for $10k under MSRP, how in the hell are you selling a'21 with 4k on the clock for over MSRP?
    Supply, demand, and access…

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    I have a Charger Jailbreak on order from my local dealer at MSRP. He wanted 2500 over for a 22 TRX order. The place I ordered my TRX from at 10k off, wanted 30k over MSRP for a Charger Jailbreak build.

Dont try and make sense of any of this.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

ANyone have a SCT X4 performance Programmer? My '99 Ford V10 came with one, I just changed it from 93 to 87 Octane as the previous owner tuned it to 93. There were a LOT of options to tune, none of which I knew anything about. I get about 11mpg so I'd like to improve that somehow, any ideas? There are no pre-programmed across-the-board options for the V10, only custom.

Vehicle weighs about 8500 (actually a conversion van not a truck), I don't tow, and i can't find anything online for tips for custom tunes that's a V10.

I don't have any big ideas, but how much do you drive it? Is a second car an option, only drive the van when you have to? Just curious.

We have two other cars for daily driving and take the van on road trips. Since I have a free $450 unit that can tune the van I should tinker a bit with it. Even going back to 91 Octane and trying to give it more HP for a day or two would be fun to try. But it's giving me these obscure options to choose from which are clearly for tuners and not me.

I was able to increase the idle rpm when in Drive as it would sometimes die coasting - yay for me?

Check out 5 star tuning for the Ford v10. I think the 2v model you have has pretty limited returns for better economy though. At least that’s what I found when researching my 99 f350 squad cab long box. #worstmpg=besttruck?