Page 145 of 199 FirstFirst ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    The T100 with the 3.4 was the best tacoma ever made.
    My buddy in town has one, I'm definitely jealous. I almost bought one right before I bought my old 7.3. Can't say i regret the 7.3 purchase though.

That front axle looks like a Dana 44... not sure the Toyota purist in me appreciates that. The only acceptable axles in the book of LVS for SAS in a Toyota are either Toyota axles or custom axle housings from Diamond or others that accept Toyota 3rd members (Preferably 9.5" Land Cruiser or 10.5" Tundra R&P) or MAYBE a Ford 9" 3rd member.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    My buddy in town has one, I'm definitely jealous. I almost bought one right before I bought my old 7.3. Can't say i regret the 7.3 purchase though.
    I've never met a T100 or a 7.3 that didn't do 300k+ miles. Absolute beasts in their respective classes.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    That front axle looks like a Dana 44... not sure the Toyota purist in me appreciates that. The only acceptable axles in the book of LVS for SAS in a Toyota are either Toyota axles or custom axle housings from Diamond or others that accept Toyota 3rd members (Preferably 9.5" Land Cruiser or 10.5" Tundra R&P) or MAYBE a Ford 9" 3rd member.
    I think you might be right based on offset and lack of truss. However even a 44 with cryo gears and chromo axles is still prob half the price of a diamond housing that will most likely set up with RCV's/5.29s/arb. Even LC axles are getting spendy for a swap. Don't get me wrong I'd love the setups you mention. I've been going down the wormhole of SAS since I have an 89 runner with LT ifs. Shit even finding an 85 axle for less than 500 is getting hard.

So how much is guy asking for this T-100?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I think you might be right based on offset and lack of truss. However even a 44 with cryo gears and chromo axles is still prob half the price of a diamond housing that will most likely set up with RCV's/5.29s/arb. Even LC axles are getting spendy for a swap. Don't get me wrong I'd love the setups you mention. I've been going down the wormhole of SAS since I have an 89 runner with LT ifs. Shit even finding an 85 axle for less than 500 is getting hard.

$8200 on the facebook ad. D44 and FJ80 rear axle. Happy to post the ad if whipski doesn't care, don't want him to get snaked if he's seriously interested

Fj80 rear is nonfloater
    Fzj80 is full floater (mo bettah)

I'm just saying, it's probably a fun woods smasher, but don't buy it thinking in 10 years it's going to significantly appreciate in value beyond inflation.

No need to link the ad was just curious on price and other details. I think most Toyota fanbois know what they're getting into but the market is bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    The T100 with the 3.4 was the best tacoma ever made.
    Because unlike Tacomas, they were made in Japan.

Shit my bad. For some reason I was thinking they threw the 4.7(v8) in there the last year(I've got a 2000 tundra with 4.7) Nobody likes the 3.slow but if the headgasket had been done they're not as horrible as many like to say. Now if it has the supercharged 3.4 and 5sp manual that would be a great combo.
    Yeah that supercharged (unicorn) would be pretty cool. I agree that the 3.slow's bad rap is somewhat undeserved. I was thinking more of the power/weight ratio.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Lol.

I couldn't even get a dealer to transfer from his own lot 30 minutes away....

Not really sure where to post these. But to say impressive would be an understatement.

Yes, the whole watch is over an hour. Fast forward as you wish. it's awesome. Happy Ed got his truck back.

Those “Matt’s off road recovery “ videos are fun to watch. I hope to be in one someday, after doing something really stupid.

1940s Diamond T at my Mom's property that is slowly becoming one with the Earth.

What's the story on it, DTM? I'd be happy to send money for that badging if no one cares about it.

The whole valley she lives in used to be all one huge ranch, the B-K Ranch, which was owned by Burt and Kay Phillips. It's the old ranch truck. If you look close you can still make out "B Bar K Ranch" on the door. Burt was apparently a second-tier actor in the '30s. My Mom's house was the guest house and the main ranch house and barn is down the road.

The truck has sat there unchanged since they bought the place 40 years ago. It's now like a clock that measures geologic time. People have offered her money for it over the years but she's not interested, it's part of the history and character of the place. Getting rid of it would be like removing an iconic boulder. Even just removing the badging seems sacrilegious.

Cool Truck DTM and cool story.

Yeah, that's cool. I love running across unfamiliar auto manufacturers and had not heard of Diamond T. Looks like they were in business making trucks out of Chicago for half a century, including lots of military trucks. Merged with REO automobiles and then ended up under Nucor ownership, the steel conglomerate that is still around. Someone should eventually save that badge. Looks brass so it'll probably be there in another 40 years.

If she ever sells the place or the body panel behind it turns to dust I'll snag the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Those “Matt’s off road recovery “ videos are fun to watch. I hope to be in one someday, after doing something really stupid.
    Indeed. If I need to call him, though, I want to make sure he's impressed at the situation I got myself into and it's not one of the "showed up, yanked twice, got them out" videos.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

That truck is worth 40k in today's market.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I have a simple plywood platform resting on the 2x4's in the bed of truck (07 Tundra; 6.5' bed).

I wanted to add 2 shallow depth storage bins that would be side by side (between wheel wells) and that I could stash items/skis. Call it a low-rent Decked-imitator.

But my Google-fu has not yet yielded any manufacturer that does something like that. Something like 72"x24"x8".

Anyone find these kind of oddsized long bins?

Might consider getting two underbed storage bins and combining the two since I have a canopy and don't need water-tight.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    I have a simple plywood platform resting on the 2x4's in the bed of truck (07 Tundra; 6.5' bed).

I wanted to add 2 shallow depth storage bins that would be side by side (between wheel wells) and that I could stash items/skis. Call it a low-rent Decked-imitator.

But my Google-fu has not yet yielded any manufacturer that does something like that. Something like 72"x24"x8".

Might consider getting two underbed storage bins and combining the two since I have a canopy and don't need water-tight.
    There are plastic storage bins that are long and shallow, for stuff like Christmas wrapping paper, but I haven't seen any ski length.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post

The carpenter I worked for as a college kid had two drawers made of 3/8 or 1/2” plywood like you describe. With some drawer wax they slid ok.