Page 141 of 199 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Fun in the Snow
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Fun in the Snow
    That video is titled “breaking trail” on a road with 4” of snow that already had multiple tracks. A Subaru crosstrex could have done better.

Yeah...kinda trying to figure out what made that worth posting on the internet.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Bwahahaha. It was fun. OK, I was a bit overexcited. The other trax are mine too. Sorry that it was not worth 40 sec. of your Padded Room time
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Looked about like the trip my wife and I took to the local watering hole last night in her Outback. Guess it's about perspective...

Here's "my" truck. 2015 Ram 1500 Tradesman, 5.7L Hemi, 6'4" box with a BedSlide. It was my Dad's, and I decided to keep it when he passed away last spring. "Before" is with the topper and chrome wheels; "After" is with the tonneau cover and AT wheels...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7916.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	396215

Name:	IMG_7959.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	885.7 KB 
ID:	396216
    Last edited by axebiker; 12-11-2021 at 12:59 PM.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Nice looking truck. You should post a pic. of you playing in the snow sometime

Trucks.

Lol damn we are a fucking ornery bunch aren’t we. I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!! Anyway I can report that the brand spanking new tundra with new blizzak snow tires pretty much drives like a snow cat. I had zero slippage on my steep snow-covered hill and down big Cottonwood over to Little Cottonwood and back yesterday. The traction Control in 2 Wheel Dr. wasn’t bad either as it definitely kept the truck straight when I gave it a little bit of throttle on slippery road. If there was any question I just put it into four-wheel-drive and the thing is unstoppable. Yay winter

Name:	Image1639246829.125931.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	396227

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Looked about like the trip my wife and I took to the local watering hole last night in her Outback. Guess it's about perspective...

Here's "my" truck. 2015 Ram 1500 Tradesman, 5.7L Hemi, 6'4" box with a BedSlide. It was my Dad's, and I decided to keep it when he passed away last spring. "Before" is with the topper and chrome wheels; after is with the tonneau cover and AT wheels...

Name:	IMG_7916.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	396215

Name:	IMG_7959.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	885.7 KB 
ID:	396216
    Dont you know that anything other than a Toyota is bound to explode killing every woman, child and dog within a 5 mile radius ?
    Welcome to the Ram club, I have pretty much the same setup.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Dont you know that anything other than a Toyota is bound to explode killing every woman, child and dog within a 5 mile radius ?
    Welcome to the Ram club, I have pretty much the same setup.
    Ha! Yeah, I suppose... Blasphemy was always kinda my thing! Thanks for the RAM club welcome!

My Dad was a contractor and cabinet maker, so he needed something that could fit a whole sheet of plywood...or drywall...or whatever... Tacos were never much for that kind of thing - tough to fit a 6' sheet in a 5' bed. He'd fill the back of that truck each day with tools he needed for the jobs he did. A real work truck. Ram Tough! I really like it, but I'd give anything to ride in there with my Dad one more time... I totally understand now why he always had a truck though. The utilitarian uses are endless! Gas mileage is piss-poor, but you don't get a truck for the mileage, right? That's what my Crosstrek is for.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Nice looking truck. You should post a pic. of you playing in the snow sometime
    Thanks! Only have Subie snow pics so far since I inherited the truck last May, but in good time...
    Gravity. It's the law.

So, the primary reason for me 4wheelin' in the snow this morning was to create a hardened path, so I could walk my dog without "trudging across the tundra, mile after mile...until I reached St. Alphonso's pancake breakfast". Well, my wife applauded my efforts and is walking the dog there. She just called and said that the UPS tried to take a short-cut by using the snowy dirt road that I ahem broke trail on and is currently stuck. Bwahahahaha. I wonder if I should go there with my truck, which is equipped with a winch, to set him free.?!

Yes! Winching the ups guy out of the ditch in the middle of the holiday delivery season is about as good a deed as most of us could hope to perform right now. Take pics!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Yes! Winching the ups guy out of the ditch in the middle of the holiday delivery season is about as good a deed as most of us could hope to perform right now. Take pics!
    This. Do it anyway. Karma banks always need filling.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I offered, but he had already called Park City Towing. Their truck, which is much more capable than mine, just arrived.

Name:	IMG_1852.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	450.7 KB 
ID:	396273

Name:	IMG_1853.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	396274

Success

Name:	IMG_1855.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	612.9 KB 
ID:	396276

Name:	IMG_1856.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	517.4 KB 
ID:	396277

Man, that must be embarrassing though. Too bad he wasn't driving a Subaru Crosstrax

Man, that must be embarrassing though. Too bad he wasn't driving a Subaru Crosstrax
    I was kicking around giving you kudos, but now ...

What's a Crosstrax?
    Gravity. It's the law.

Serious question about the Raptor, does it have a locker? Came across one that was stuck while we were hunting Saturday. I noticed that only tires on one side were spinning and the dudes ego was too big to be coached on the matter. He told us he had a tow truck on the way, no problem, didn't need help. This was pretty far out, curious what his bill was.

Anyway, it turns out v-bar chains beats an extra 200hp when it matters

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Serious question about the Raptor, does it have a locker? Came across one that was stuck while we were hunting Saturday. I noticed that only tires on one side were spinning and the dudes ego was too big to be coached on the matter. He told us he had a tow truck on the way, no problem, didn't need help. This was pretty far out, curious what his bill was.

Anyway, it turns out v-bar chains beats an extra 200hp when it matters
    I think they all have lockers, unless the newer ones have some electronic shit instead. I love the elocker in my F150.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I was kicking around giving you kudos, but now ...

What's a Crosstrax?
    I know nothing about rice burners, other than what I read around here. sorry Crosstrex according to This End Up. Same differeence

zzz

Name:	IMG_1863.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	681.0 KB 
ID:	396479
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 12-13-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Less chrome, more black. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211206_161116.jpeg 
Views:	179 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	396490

I know nothing about rice burners, other than what I read around here. sorry Crosstrex according to This End Up. Same differeence

zzz

Name:	IMG_1863.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	681.0 KB 
ID:	396479
    Without reading that whole thing, how do you select both 4 low and locked rear? It looks like you have to choose one or the other via that selector knob.

Without reading that whole thing, how do you select both 4 low and locked rear? It looks like you have to choose one or the other via that selector knob.
    The part where it says "pull 4x4 knob"

Diff can be locked in any transfer case gear.

Push "Off Road" button and pull and move the differential knob to 4L.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    The part where it says "pull 4x4 knob"

Diff can be locked in any transfer case gear.
    Ah copy, that didn't intuitively make sense to me since I'm used to trucks where you have to pull or push the knob to go into 4 low. Thanks

Ah copy, that didn't intuitively make sense to me since I'm used to trucks where you have to pull or push the knob to go into 4 low. Thanks
    I looked at that chart for a minute before it made sense to me. I'm old fashioned. I prefer a shifter on the floor over this new fangled fanciness.