Page 140 of 199 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5125.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	395796

Other than the short bed, you've got good taste

Congrats on the upgrade, hope its a good rig for ya!

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I can buy 2 fully loaded tacos for the same cost as a big mac (about $5).

For instance, I bought a new TRD off the lot in 1997 at $23k. In today's dollars, just using the govt numbers, that's $40.5k. If we extrapolate from the big mac which cost around $2.5 in 1997, that same big mac costs $5.65 (actual price average) which should be $4.3 if adjusted for inflation. A new TRD msrp is $41.5. So the big mac, and hence the taco, is actually rising faster than the tacoma. So you are correct.

That's my theory anyway. You could look up prices for F150's and do the same.

* this only accounts for new purchases, not pre-owned tacos or tacomas, nor does it account for corn vs. flour
    Ahhhhh Haaaaaaa!!!!!!

Fuck those fuckers. I’m glad somebody else did the math but I thought something was fucked. Jeezuz Fong crickiety Christ on a popsicle stick I fucking HATE that fucking place (as much as anyone can hate a place that they go to once a fucking week).

I literally fucking NEVER buy one of their premium combos because like holy fuck their entire fucking menu is basically designed like this: adults, $10.00, kids $6.00 And we know this won’t happen every time but we will use every goddamned trick in the book to try to make it so.

Then, it used to be fast but as soon as people started waiting ten goddamned minutes at the fucking Taco Bell AFTER they ordered,everybody got the hint, “ah ha! We don’t even need to be fast anymore!!!” So like would I expect it to be good fast and cheap, no. But, is it too fucking goddamned much to ask for two of those three? Even one of the three? I guess fucking so. I can seriously sit down at a fucking restaurant for the amount of time you wait at the goddamned line. Go at off hours and the corporate dickweeds have figured out a way that you have to somehow, I mean some fucking way, that you wait almost as long as you would during the lunch rush anyway. I mean Holeeeeeee FUCK.

Don’t get me started about how at a similar place, a goddamned burger made of impossible meat somehow costs MORE than actual beef?!? Holy fucking fucktardia bullshit.

All that said, a McDouble, small fries and any size coke sets you back less than a fiver.

All my posts today about food, lulz, I’m too sick to eat today, must be jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    This. x1000. You can't even fit skis in the back easily. I'll never go shorter than 6ft again
    I've never owned a truck, but it may be our next vehicle... So why can't you put skis in a 5.5' bed diagonally? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    I've never owned a truck, but it may be our next vehicle... So why can't you put skis in a 5.5' bed diagonally? Am I missing something?
    Playing tetris gets old real fast when you have multiple person's skis like that. Not to mention you have very little useable space remaining in the unused corners when doing it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    You can, but you are missing the joke, short bed trucks are stupid and useless.*

*I own a short bed truck and 186cm skis fit fine at the same time as 184cm and the GFs 172ish skis.

Meh, my short bed truck carried 5 people, skis and all gear to Canadian hut trips, 2x. 100’s of trips to bc ski with boots, packs, and skis. I never remember it being a problem?

I can see an advantage of a long bed truck for a lot of things, but ski trips isn’t one.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Meh, my short bed truck carried 5 people, skis and all gear to Canadian hut trips, 2x. 100’s of trips to bc ski with boots, packs, and skis. I never remember it being a problem?

I can see an advantage of a long bed truck for a lot of things, but ski trips isn’t one.

Are you new here? Vehicles are the same as cordless tool. You are supposed to project on everyone what works for you, fail to understand why anyone you think different than you and more importantly...be a dick about it.

I'll out myself for the gotos thread, but I just installed these on my short bed Chevy. Wanted a topper, but didn't want to spend $2k+ and couldn't find a used one. Tonneau was going to be $600+ and not easily removeable for storage (summer bike use).

I already have a Thule ski box and it easily mounted to this rack. This rack seems well made and secure. I plan on skiing daily this year and take multiple pairs of skis. I'll be able to lock them in the box and change out when needed.

No tent or condiment jugs will be mounted.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Are you new here? Vehicles are the same as cordless tool. You are supposed to project on everyone what works for you, fail to understand why anyone you think different than you and more importantly...be a dick about it.
    My bad, I'll try and do better: no one needs a truck...no one. What you really need is a diesel, manual, all wheel drive euro wagon.

I have found that the short bed requires constant compromise, and gadget purchasing. See the rack above, tail gate extenders, roof boxes, tarp tents for the end of the bed etc. Skis fit, but not with the dog back there, so then he rides in the front, so I gotta throw down a cover for the Italian leather seat covers! Fuck! Laugh all ya want, I know...

I own a short bed, my own fault. Couldn't get the fancy tech package, manual transmission, and heated seats in the TRD OR long bed taco, at least not on the day I was making my impulse purchase . Now I'm trying to give it to the wife and trade her car in for an extended cab, regular or even long bed Tundra. She's keen on the idea I think...

So it’s like a car?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I'll out myself for the gotos thread, but I just installed these on my short bed Chevy. Wanted a topper, but didn't want to spend $2k+ and couldn't find a used one. Tonneau was going to be $600+ and not easily removeable for storage (summer bike use).

I already have a Thule ski box and it easily mounted to this rack. This rack seems well made and secure. I plan on skiing daily this year and take multiple pairs of skis. I'll be able to lock them in the box and change out when needed.

No tent or condiment jugs will be mounted.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    I like that one. Googled and found the page:
    https://www.amazon.com/AA-Racks-APX2.../dp/B082NZ4L7L

I posted a pic awhile ago of the Thule rack I bought off Craigslist, which doesn't sit as low over the bed rails. I got it for the same reason you did - already had rocketbox and several bike racks that can be mounted on it. Will try it for this winter and see if the height bothers me or is fine.

I keep watching Craigslist and FB marketplace for a hard tonneau that'll fit my truck. Ideally I'd like one with tracks to mount crossbars, but I am not paying $1000 for a cover. Eventually one will show up for cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Ahhhhh Haaaaaaa!!!!!!
    (as much as anyone can hate a place that they go to once a fucking week).
    you eat at McD's once a week?

no offense, but that's dumber than a short bed truck.

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    you eat at McD's once a week?

no offense, but that's dumber than a short bed truck.
    Oh I did that, too. '96 K1500 short bed, stepside even! Sold many years ago. I think the bed was 6', theese days I see them as short as 5', 4.5'. I get more day to day utility out of the outback but that was a bad ass truck. And as to McD's, you'll find me to be more honest than proud, and, yeah its within walking distance, I can't resist.

Circa 1998:

Name:  IMG_3413.JPG
Views: 395
Size:  23.9 KB

Everything fit so nicely.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 12-08-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

A standard 6.5 foot short bed is way different than a 5.5ft stupid bed when it comes to hauling skis.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Oh I did that, too. '96 K1500 short bed, stepside even!
    Circa 1998:

Name:  IMG_3413.JPG
Views: 395
Size:  23.9 KB
    I had the same truck but it was a '90. Z71 when that still kinda meant something. First vehicle I bought new. Definitely a badass rig but I managed to get it stuck and pretty wreck it 4-wheeling in a National Park where it was very much not allowed. Managed to get it out of there before the Park Service found it but the tow cost me $2500. Probably would've been more but that was all the cash I could get so the guy took it. That was quite a night.

Why do I love my Tacoma?

As my truck is about to turn 10yo and at 99972km I thought about the cost of ownership. I bought it for $33kCAD ish after tax. I installed air bags in the rear almost immediately for about $100. The day after I bought it I bought rims & studded tires for about $1200, I'm still running them. I'm on my 3rd set of 'summer' tires. I've changed the oil about every 6-7000 km & burned some fuel. Otherwise I've done nothing, yes nothing else to it. Original brakes, suspension, exhaust, windshield, battery.... everything. When I got my tires put on this fall the shop mentioned that my brakes were at about 20% and I should consider getting them done, he was surprised they were original and still had that much pad. My suspension has no leaks and still works. Looking online I found the same year truck as mine with double the km for $30kCAD, that's just fucked.

It's got a tiny shake but that is my own fault for slamming my rim into something and giving it a slight bend, I should probably replace it.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Ahhhhh Haaaaaaa!!!!!!

Fuck those fuckers. I’m glad somebody else did the math but I thought something was fucked. Jeezuz Fong crickiety Christ on a popsicle stick I fucking HATE that fucking place (as much as anyone can hate a place that they go to once a fucking week).

I literally fucking NEVER buy one of their premium combos because like holy fuck their entire fucking menu is basically designed like this: adults, $10.00, kids $6.00 And we know this won’t happen every time but we will use every goddamned trick in the book to try to make it so.

Then, it used to be fast but as soon as people started waiting ten goddamned minutes at the fucking Taco Bell AFTER they ordered,everybody got the hint, “ah ha! We don’t even need to be fast anymore!!!” So like would I expect it to be good fast and cheap, no. But, is it too fucking goddamned much to ask for two of those three? Even one of the three? I guess fucking so. I can seriously sit down at a fucking restaurant for the amount of time you wait at the goddamned line. Go at off hours and the corporate dickweeds have figured out a way that you have to somehow, I mean some fucking way, that you wait almost as long as you would during the lunch rush anyway. I mean Holeeeeeee FUCK.

Don’t get me started about how at a similar place, a goddamned burger made of impossible meat somehow costs MORE than actual beef?!? Holy fucking fucktardia bullshit.

All that said, a McDouble, small fries and any size coke sets you back less than a fiver.

All my posts today about food, lulz, I’m too sick to eat today, must be jealous.

You eat at taco bell? Weekly??

I'm in fkn Mass and I have a legit Mexican Taqueria 1 town away. Not a truck, a restaurant. But run by and cooked by people who are actually from Mexico.

Where do you live?

Taco bell is 2am drunk food, which I thankfully haven't needed for years.

Do some research in your hood.

Do better.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    You eat at taco bell? Weekly??

I'm in fkn Mass and I have a legit Mexican Taqueria 1 town away. Not a truck, a restaurant. But run by and cooked by people who are actually from Mexico.

Where do you live?

Taco bell is 2am drunk food, which I thankfully haven't needed for years.

Do some research in your hood.

Do better.

March, 1996 - the last time I had Taco Bell.

Fuck that place.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    March, 1996 - the last time I had Taco Bell.

Fuck that place.
    August, 1995, first and last time I had Taco Bell.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    August, 1995, first and last time I had Taco Bell.

Something like that pops up every time I see one due to the completely soul gutting retching I experienced after that one episode.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

All my hut trips are Canadian and I prefer a long box. More space for the snowmobiles and booze.

This is exactly the purchase validation I needed

Multiple pair of skis fit diagonally easily. I'm 99% sure that with 4 bikes over the tailgate all my camping shit won't fit without the Latchit or some other extender, but the cab has sooo much more room than my old truck that I'm pretty sure I can fit everything un-modified if needed. Not being long enough to sleep in is a bummer, but for now that's a moot point since I don't have a topper.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I have found that the short bed requires constant compromise, and gadget purchasing. See the rack above, tail gate extenders, roof boxes, tarp tents for the end of the bed etc. Skis fit, but not with the dog back there, so then he rides in the front, so I gotta throw down a cover for the Italian leather seat covers! Fuck! Laugh all ya want, I know...

I own a short bed, my own fault. Couldn't get the fancy tech package, manual transmission, and heated seats in the TRD OR long bed taco, at least not on the day I was making my impulse purchase . Now I'm trying to give it to the wife and trade her car in for an extended cab, regular or even long bed Tundra. She's keen on the idea I think...
    To be faaair, the Taco short bed is 60.5x41.5x19.1 while the F150 short bed is 67.1x50.6x21.4. That works out to a diagonal dimension of 73 inches vs 84 inches, and total cargo space of 28 ft3 vs 42 ft3. The Taco short bed is a way bigger compromise overall and I can see why it would be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This is exactly the purchase validation I needed

Multiple pair of skis fit diagonally easily. I'm 99% sure that with 4 bikes over the tailgate all my camping shit won't fit without the Latchit or some other extender
    Hell - we ran into issues with a 6.5ft bed in this situation... ended up borrowing a hitch-mount 4x rack from a buddy.