Page 122 of 199 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Because I have a Tundra, I looked up the Crewmax vs the double cab and it's the same turn radius and depending on trim, the double has the highest tow rating. Buy a pickup to haul people or things? I think we're in agreement. People are not buying to haul much.

I generally haul ass, so there’s that.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I turn the traction control off and hit the tow/haul(ass) button occasionally to feel like a teenager with a new drivers license and a full tank of gas.

jmedslc-look into this on your new pickup. Pretty fun blowing the doors off an unsuspecting rice grinder at a red light.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'll flip the question...why do people need a pickup with a mega back seat and a short bed?
    More places for fucking?

How many places do you need you heathen?

So many!!

Like the back of a Volkswagen?

Trucks.

VW buses. I used to have a gen 0 4Runner. That was perfect… especially with that internal roll bar.

How about people who've owned multiple bed sizes weigh in. I've owned the 6.5ft tundra, then the 5.5, and now an 8ft Ford.

While I loved both tundras, I absolutely hated the 5.5ft bed. Biggest vehicle buying mistake I've made as an adult. Diagonal ski loading was a pain in the ass. And I can't count the times the cab ended up crammed with shit I would have preferred to have in the bed. Cab was a foot longer than it needed to be for anyone under 6'4".

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    How about people who've owned multiple bed sizes weigh in. I've owned the 6.5ft tundra, then the 5.5, and now an 8ft Ford.

While I loved both tundras, I absolutely hated the 5.5ft bed. Biggest vehicle buying mistake I've made as an adult. Diagonal ski loading was a pain in the ass. And I can't count the times the cab ended up crammed with shit I would have preferred to have in the bed. Cab was a foot longer than it needed to be for anyone under 6'4".
    I've had all three. I also made the same mistake with the 5.5 bed. It pissed me off daily. 6.5 foot bed is tolerable. Now I'm back to a 8ft bed the way god intended trucks to be.

I've been seeing these around more and more lately. Pretty sure I saw these guys filming a few weeks ago down in the SJ's .

Pretty cool, they drive some of the roads in the San Juan's including going down Black Bear in stock Rivians.

Interesting that they actually gain mileage going down the pass because of regenerative braking.

Some more wheeling around in the Rivian on my back yard trails with some more technical info:

11k lbs towing! whoa!

What’s great about options is that everyone can choose what’s best for themselves. When it comes to the Tundra crewmax it’s the only way to get the roll down rear window. Yes the back seat is 6” too long (which could be added to the bed in a perfect world) but is a great benefit when booting up for skiing and loading my dogs crate in the back. Personally never banged my head about needing a longer bed but I also don’t travel without my family and use a tow trailer.
    I work at an electrical company now with 1200 employees. We have single cab trucks with 8’ beds for the peasant workers and the general foreman all roll crew cab Denali trucks with small beds. Each serving their intended purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    peasant workers.
    That’s a nice way to describe the people that put the work in place that allows you to get a paycheck. WTF.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

What’s great about options is that everyone can choose what’s best for themselves. When it comes to the Tundra crewmax it’s the only way to get the roll down rear window. Yes the back seat is 6” too long (which could be added to the bed in a perfect world) but is a great benefit when booting up for skiing and loading my dogs crate in the back. Personally never banged my head about needing a longer bed but I also don’t travel without my family and use a tow trailer.
    I work at an electrical company now with 1200 employees. We have single cab trucks with 8’ beds for the peasant workers and the general foreman all roll crew cab Denali trucks with small beds. Each serving their intended purpose.
    You mean foremen driving job to job to supervise that could be done in a Prius? I kid, mostly. Hey, I know foremen wouldn’t take a job where they have to drive a small sedan so it’s part recruiting and retaining supervisor type folks in a labor market where it’s hard to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    That’s a nice way to describe the people that put the work in place that allows you to get a paycheck. WTF.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It’s a joke dude I’m one of them

Like the back of a Volkswagen?
    There's another Clerks movie on the way, BTW.

The turning radius on our new F350 crew cab long bed truck is stupidly large. I'm making many more 3-point turns.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

<snip>
    I work at an electrical company now with 1200 employees. We have single cab trucks with 8’ beds for the workers that actually do shit that requires a truck and the general foreman all roll crew cab Denali trucks with small beds, which is dumb, because they don't need trucks at all. Each serving their intended purpose.
    Fixed that.

It’s a joke dude I’m one of them
    Wait... you're a peasant worker driving a Porsche??

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Don’t worry, it’s a single cab

Not so unusual, several of my hourly employees bring home more than 2 of my project managers combined. The trades are not a bad career path to go down. Better than the barista at starfucks with a history degree.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Your fix is mostly accurate but the GFs I’ve seen, do a lot of work and have earned their way up, most definitely. Plus their trucks haul things on occasion and they offer carpooling to their crew.

Regarding myself- sold the 911 before the bubble pops and Cayenne will be gone soon. Not feeling it anymore, too flashy. Hence the new Tundra talk. On the career change- moved being an RE agent to secondary job while I’m an apprentice in an industry where guys make 175 a year and have one of the best pensions in the country. Also RE agents are F’d in the future as the way people purchase homes will change with tech. That and the bubble is about to pop.. transactions will dramatically slow down. Plus I like building shit. Got to be proactive. I’m not too proud to start from the bottom.

Those mega cab short bed trucks are easier to park in urban areas. Urban areas being the market for those type of pickups.
    This. I see a lot of women in this town driving shiny "crewmax" shortbed tundras, usually with a bunch of kids/dog(s), toys, costco shopping, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    This. I see a lot of women in this town driving shiny "crewmax" shortbed tundras, usually with a bunch of kids/dog(s), toys, costco shopping, etc.
    Well, it was either that or a minivan... and you know how most soccer moms feel about minivans.

When it comes to the Tundra crewmax it’s the only way to get the roll down rear window.
    That's disappointing.

So when you said upthread that you're already on the waiting list so-to-speak for the hybrid, do you know what the configurations will be? Most of the reviews I'm seeing are big on the fluff, and light on the tech.

Well, it was either that or a minivan... and you know how most soccer moms feel about minivans.
    Yes. I've made the mistake of trying to get my wife to consider a 4wd Sienna. She's like "the closest I'll ever get to that is a 4runner"