Page 114 of 199 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Farmer != rancher, paper pusher. Go hump bennys leg for cred, bitch.

edit: lol, guess you didn’t even read it?

there are five times the strippers as farmers in NV
    Well what do the strippers drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Is like to see someone throw 1700 lbs of plywood into their new Sienna a few times and let us know how that works out for them.

BTW I bet that more than 70% of people that buy skis over 110 mm don’t ski powder all the time.
    Plywood gets delivered to the job unless it's just a couple of sheets.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Trucks, of course!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

The correct answer is stick.

Farmer != rancher, paper pusher. Go hump bennys leg for cred, bitch.

edit: lol, guess you didn’t even read it?

there are five times the strippers as farmers in NV
    You seem easily worked up.

Bless your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Plywood gets delivered to the job unless it's just a couple of sheets.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    This. No serious contractor drives to the lumberyard and loads up more than what will easily fit in/on a van. We have better things to do, and the delivery fee is virtually nothing.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    My 2500 Ram scaled 9740+- entering the transfer station and approx. 7400lbs leaving last week. It knows how to work. #notonneaucover
    I wish they had a scale at the gravel pit where I picked up a load of crushed stone. The driver said "say when" and had last of the scoop in the air as the truck squatted. Unloading at home sucked, getting it delivered would've been way better had I been able to find someone with the stone I wanted that offered delivery.

A 3500 *is* commercial vehicle territory, once you get to 10k gross a lot of CMV regs can apply. Buddy of mine got the tickets to prove it driving a full-ton-class box van for work.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Beat up civic with chrome rims and a fart can exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    You seem easily worked up.

Bless your heart.
    and yet not as riled up as the cube monkeys who’s truck need was impugned

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    A CHEVY, REV? Blasphemy!! Cabin partner has that Z71. Rad option, maybe a hair big? She thinks the F-150 is too big, so.......
    I think I've narrowed her down to a new Taco TDR, Bronco Sport Bad Land or a used Lexus GX. This whole experience reminds me why I hate buying cars.
    It pains me. But I'll admit it's nicer than previous Chevys that I've driven ...the steering is notably tighter and the ride is less couch like.

Went up to Boulder City in the Land Cruiser today. Knowing the GX is basically the same rig, I'd vote for that. That platform is ridiculously capable.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    This. No serious contractor drives to the lumberyard and loads up more than what will easily fit in/on a van. We have better things to do, and the delivery fee is virtually nothing.
    Yeah, because we are all contractors here. Everyone is a contractor! No dentists, just contractors.

The mother fuckers example was plywood in a Ram vs Sienna. I’m sure lots of GCs show up at the job site in their wife’s minivan.

Can you get by without a truck? Sure.

I hauled my travel trailer this weekend with bikes in the bed and then hauled a bunch of yard waste Monday. Could I get by without a truck? Sure, but it makes my life a lot easier.

Need vs. want. Who gives a fuck? Buy and enjoy what makes you happy.

Plenty of ranchers around here and yeah, they're all using one ton diesels for whatever that's worth. Probably good for pushing paper?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Have we considered a Range Rover Defender for the wife?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qGCzGR-74

I’m sure lots of GCs show up at the job site in their wife’s minivan.
    I often show up on a motorcycle.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Need vs. want. Who gives a fuck? Buy and enjoy what makes you happy
    Because there are hundreds of thousands of infantile men buying trucks in the U.S. of A. as daily drivers to feel super duper manly going to Starbucks and Sportsman Warehouse to buy guns they don’t need and fucking up the environment in the process. And poseurs are the worst.

But the whole world is absurd including me so I’m not caring too much anymore as I get older

Is like to see someone throw 1700 lbs of plywood into their new Sienna a few times and let us know how that works out for them.

BTW I bet that more than 70% of people that buy skis over 110 mm don’t ski powder all the time.
    I’ve done it a few times with my sienna. 1700 is a little over payload. I usually try to keep it under payload (based on guesstimate or material weight). But I have hauled many sheets of plywood (a foot width), pergo flooring for my house (that was a longer haul definitely over gvwr), sand, gravel, slate, and firewood.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I’ve done it a few times with my sienna. 1700 is a little over payload. I usually try to keep it under payload (based on guesstimate or material weight). But I have hauled many sheets of plywood (a foot width), pergo flooring for my house (that was a longer haul definitely over gvwr), sand, gravel, slate, and firewood.
    Yes, but have you dropped that load from several feet via some sort of quick release hoisting mechanism to really flex about the bed strength?

You want a truck? Cool.

the funny is ​every dude who owns a truck needs it and comes up with silly ass reasons they need one - with same stupid level of stereotypes of what work is as that “ignorant urban dweller” Twitter thread. If you “Need” a load of plywood once a year? A rental truck is $20 to deliver it from lots of home centers. There’s more farms here making >$1 million in sales a year than there are farms in Nevada, farmers drive all range of vehicles. But there’s plenty of other people that drive trucks for work vehicles where a truck is the best choice. Yard crews, delivery drivers (more comfortable, more reliable, better mileage than a panel van), and on….

Buddy of mine has a THETRUK vanity plate on his Sienna mini van. Really triggers some of the more zealous truck dweebs. Most people are just confused.

You want a truck? Cool.

the funny is ​every dude who owns a truck needs it and comes up with silly ass reasons they need one - with same stupid level of stereotypes of what work is as that “ignorant urban dweller” Twitter thread. If you “Need” a load of plywood once a year? A rental truck is $20 to deliver it from lots of home centers. There’s more farms here making >$1 million in sales a year than there are farms in Nevada, farmers drive all range of vehicles. But there’s plenty of other people that drive trucks for work vehicles where a truck is the best choice. Yard crews, delivery drivers (more comfortable, more reliable, better mileage than a panel van), and on….
    Bless your heart.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bless your heart.
    I must be an ambulance he so loves to chase me.

I must be an ambulance he so loves to chase me.
    Bless your heart.

And no one says your mom?

Your dad?

Me?

This place is slipping.

I have a total pos 1994 f250 that came free when I bought my plow. Totally 2-3 x a year I need a truck (besides snow plowing)

Name:  Image1627573247.008283.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  59.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

The quantity of brand new gigantic 1 ton trucks towing huge RV trailers I've recently seen in all the RV parks we stopped at on my recent 3 week (rented) rv trip to Idaho, Wyoming and Utah was astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    The quantity of brand new gigantic 1 ton trucks towing huge RV trailers I've recently seen in all the RV parks we stopped at on my recent 3 week (rented) rv trip to Idaho, Wyoming and Utah was astonishing.
    It's true. My 2012 F150 has been the oldest truck in our loop several times this summer, not to mention my 1988 trailer.