Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Colorado recommendations

I am going to SIA in Copper Mountain, and want to ski a few more days around there. I have an Epic Pass, so Breckenridge, of course. Besides this? Arapahoe Basin is on the pass too, and I think I want to try Loveland, but what else?

Also if you had to pick #days at each place (say for 5 to 6 days total, since I am then going to Utah for a week), how would you balance them? I'll stay at a minimum 2 days in Copper Mountain for SIA.

Is Summit Stage a good way to move between resorts for someone who is just carrying a ski bag and a carry on? Or if I rent an economy car (probably no snow tires), can I expect the roads to be fine?
    Last edited by Dr. Crash; 01-11-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Colorado sucks, just head straight to Utah.

colorado has restrictions on I70 for cars without snow tires these days when it snows. if it doesn't snow you'll be fine. stage can get you around fine just plan ahead. get me an SIA badge thingy

Don't forget that vail and beaver creek are 20 minutes from copper and your pass works there.

Skip Loveland

Colorado recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Colorado sucks, just head straight to Utah.

He's right
    Don't go ever...
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    colorado has restrictions on I70 for cars without snow tires these days when it snows. if it doesn't snow you'll be fine. stage can get you around fine just plan ahead. get me an SIA badge thingy
    All it requires if 4 M+S tires...aka 4 all seasons with reasonable tread depth. "Snowflake" rated tires are not required.

Colorado recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Don't forget that vail and beaver creek are 20 minutes from copper and your pass works there.

Skip Loveland
    I thought Vail was an hour from Copper

Go to Aspen...also, see the Summit County experts and posers thread...its gold.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    He's right
    Don't go ever...
    Not colorados fault you poached terrain while patrol was bombing

You really kind of need a car, if just to get over to Eagle County. If you know what your doing, you'll be fine.
    Since your Epic, hit Vail, BC, Breck and AB, in addition to Copper.

Aspen's better for experts, but it would add a lot of expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    You really kind of need a car, if just to get over to Eagle County. If you know what your doing, you'll be fine.
    Since your Epic, hit Vail, BC, Breck and AB, in addition to Copper.

Aspen's better for experts, but it would add a lot of expense.
    Never ever go to Utah, way too backwards and its lonely riding chairs alone.

6 days total, with 2 days at Copper?
    Beaver Creek
    Vail
    A-Basin

and then I'd go back to your favorite for day 4. Skip Breck, skip Loveland, IMO.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Breck is awesome ! The high alpine there can't be beat danno

Colorado recommendations

Ignoring A-Basin, which is my favorite, I prefer Breck over all other I70 resorts. The high alpine stomps all over Vail, Keystone, Beaver Creek, Copper, Loveland, etc.

Honestly, for an expert skier, I wouldn't bother going anywhere but A-Basin and Breck. The other places are ok if you're there for other reasons, but not worth the trip, imo, unless snowfall comes into play (and not just terrain).

Avoid Breck on the weekends though and for major storms (at least till April). Its pretty damn crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Breck is awesome ! The high alpine there can't be beat danno
    fair point. the high alpine there is pretty damn good, it's just the rest of the place taht I could do without, don't like the whole layout of the mountain or the crowds.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Assssspen

Gondi laps all day

Skiing Beaver Creek Friday through Monday this weekend, work trip, kinda hard to turn down free skiing and dining on the expense account. I'm very unfamiliar, are there any spots I should try to hit? Guessing not many people at the Beaver are looking for powder? Client is an advanced skier. A PM with some Intel would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Skiing Beaver Creek Friday through Monday this weekend, work trip, kinda hard to turn down free skiing and dining on the expense account. I'm very unfamiliar, are there any spots I should try to hit? Guessing not many people at the Beaver are looking for powder? Client is an advanced skier. A PM with some Intel would be much appreciated.
    Not knowledgeable enough to give you good Intel, but honestly, it's a fairly straightforward mountain. A look at the trail map is most of what you need. Red Tail Camp had good food on mountain a few years back. Royal Elk Glades is lots of fun.

Hitting Breck next week for a somewhat unexpected quick trip. I do not have an Epic pass, so does anyone know of any local shops that sell Breck tickets at any sort of discount vs. the insane prices Breck charges online/at the window? It's only 3 days, but I'm hoping to cut down on the cost at least a little bit. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    my advice is call it Beaver Creek, or The Beav. The Beaver will get you laughed at. Get some.

Vail,Dominican republic, Hatteras, Alaska, tarifa spain.
    Post on Craigslist in highrockies and offer lots of beer for some 60 dollar comps from one of the hundreds of employees .

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    my advice is call it Beaver Creek, or The Beav. The Beaver will get you laughed at. Get some.
    We used to call it The Muff.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    We used to call it The Muff.
    I believe I will now too.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastskr View Post
    Hitting Breck next week for a somewhat unexpected quick trip. I do not have an Epic pass, so does anyone know of any local shops that sell Breck tickets at any sort of discount vs. the insane prices Breck charges online/at the window? It's only 3 days, but I'm hoping to cut down on the cost at least a little bit. Thanks.
    Drive to Loveland. Seriously. Liftopia discounts their tickets, and I think you may be still able to buy their heavily discounted four pack pass. Breck sucks, unless it's Wednesday and it's snowing. Weekends are a horror. And the base is meh right now.

I hear you, but I am tagging along to a trip with a friend who set up lodging in Breck and I believe wants to stay in Breck. I know Loveland and A-Basin are much cheaper, but I think I'm stuck with Breck.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Drive to Loveland. Seriously. Liftopia discounts their tickets, and I think you may be still able to buy their heavily discounted four pack pass. Breck sucks, unless it's Wednesday and it's snowing. Weekends are a horror. And the base is meh right now.
    Yep, Breck sucks. Stay away.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1453909549.171632.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	908.5 KB 
ID:	175652