Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    With three winning tickets, the lump sum will be $187.2 million. None of them will have to pay state taxes -- neither Florida nor Tennessee has a state income tax, and California has a decades-old law that exempts lottery winners from paying state taxes. So they'll all only have to pay 39.6% in federal taxes. Link.

I am still shocked every time I hear it that CA does not tax lottery winnings. It goes against all of the stereotypes and propaganda.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    With three winning tickets, the lump sum will be $187.2 million. None of them will have to pay state taxes -- neither Florida nor Tennessee has a state income tax, and California has a decades-old law that exempts lottery winners from paying state taxes. So they'll all only have to pay 39.6% in federal taxes. Link.
    For those not wanting to do that math, that's $113MM cash each or roughly 1,000,000 high-quality bowling balls each.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    For those not wanting to do that math, that's $113MM cash each or roughly 1,000,000 high-quality bowling balls each.
    Man. with that many bowling balls I'd want me a punt mortar fo sho.
    I see hydraulic turtles.