Metallica in San Fran - The Night Before

Anyone going? It's been a lifelong goal of mine to see them live. Since I (and them) are not getting any younger I pulled the trigger and bought an airline ticket. Pretty stoked!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

A time machine would serve you better. I saw Justice and it was un fuckin real, then the black album which was ok, then they released a whole bunch of shit although Trujillo is great and I would love to see him play. On the plus side there are always great shows in SF...
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Anyone going? It's been a lifelong goal of mine to see them live. Since I (and them) are not getting any younger I pulled the trigger and bought an airline ticket. Pretty stoked!
    I haven't seen them since 2003, but although I pretend that they didn't record anything after the Black Album (except for maybe the 1998 Garage Days re-release), they always bring it live. It won't be the old experience, but you won't be disappointed, either.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I haven't seen them since 2003, but although I pretend that they didn't record anything after the Black Album (except for maybe the 1998 Garage Days re-release), they always bring it live. It won't be the old experience, but you won't be disappointed, either.
    Yea I know I would have much preferred to see them back in the Black Album days this is my chance and I am going to go. Plus as Moose said, they will bring it in San Fran.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Story time.
    I hated Metallica, but they were touring with Guns and Roses..Cant remember the year 88-90, I think.We had good seats, and sat within 150ft of the band.
    Fast forward, and Metallica opened the show, and man did they rock the whole fucking town. People were talking about how loud it was a mile away from the stadium
    That is when I became a believer. Their live show is funfuckingtastic.
    I was with about 8 of my friends, and thought WOW, its only gonna get better now.
    Guns, and Roses came out, and sounded like they were playing flutes. Could not belive how bad they sounded. It was like they unplugged their speakers.
    As we left after their second, or third song, along with thousands of others, while Axle berated everybody that was leaving. Fuck em. Metallica Rekt you guys
    I became a believer in what Metallica can do to you live. It was a great show, and this is coming from someone that went just to see Guns, and Roses.
    Been a fan ever since.

*Guns N' Roses

Yeah, Metallica is fucking unreal in person.

Metallica in San Fran - The Night Before

Caught them in the early 90s. This was at a time that my thoughts revolved around Grateful Dead tour, not metal! Being a guitar player I knew their stuff but wasn't all that hot in going to the show. Got dragged to it if memory serves me right.

Anyway....came out blown away! Fucking awesome.more of an experience for me than a love of the music. Wild energy. I was 100% into it. As I recall the only this I didn't like was the light show. I wasn't into it cuz I couldn't focus on the band enough! Really impressed with their skill.

Have fun L! I'd say I'd join u but the southern exploration sounds more up my alley these days.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    Story time.
    I hated Metallica, but they were touring with Guns and Roses..Cant remember the year 88-90, I think.We had good seats, and sat within 150ft of the band.
    Fast forward, and Metallica opened the show, and man did they rock the whole fucking town. People were talking about how loud it was a mile away from the stadium
    That is when I became a believer. Their live show is funfuckingtastic.
    I was with about 8 of my friends, and thought WOW, its only gonna get better now.
    Guns, and Roses came out, and sounded like they were playing flutes. Could not belive how bad they sounded. It was like they unplugged their speakers.
    As we left after their second, or third song, along with thousands of others, while Axle berated everybody that was leaving. Fuck em. Metallica Rekt you guys
    I became a believer in what Metallica can do to you live. It was a great show, and this is coming from someone that went just to see Guns, and Roses.
    Been a fan ever since.
    Summer 1992. I saw the opening show at RFK. We were on the rail, and I high-fived Hetfield when he went down into the pit.

2.5 hour intermission before Axl could get his shit together to go onstage.

How many people left the stadium?
    It was like the show was over for us when Guns came out..
    I will bet at least half left our event.
    Axl was pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Summer 1992. I saw the opening show at RFK. We were on the rail, and I high-fived Hetfield when he went down into the pit.

2.5 hour intermission before Axl could get his shit together to go onstage.

Saw them in '96 when I was 16 on the 'Load' tour, probably a week after they cut their hair and officially jumped the shark. Nobody really went wild for the new stuff but when they started up Seek and Destroy the place went off. Two completely different bands; the old stuff killed and our hometown crowd of 10,000 fans went rabid. Hopefully they stick to the old stuff.

Korn opened for them and was absolutely terrible. I think the only song that you could make out was ADIDAS. The rest of it was just loud noise and gargling sounds with some drum accompaniment.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

doughboyshredder Guest
    One of the best shows I've ever seen. Metallica, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Kid Rock, and Red Hot Chili Peppers on the same stage. Metallica was incredible.

On a side note, I had never liked Kid Rock until that show. He was actually pretty freaking awesome live. Genre bending.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Saw them in '96 when I was 16 on the 'Load' tour, probably a week after they cut their hair and officially jumped the shark. Nobody really went wild for the new stuff but when they started up Seek and Destroy the place went off. Two completely different bands; the old stuff killed and our hometown crowd of 10,000 fans went rabid. Hopefully they stick to the old stuff.
    This, my first concert, 13 years old, St. Anger tour. First 6 songs bombed with the crowd and they played like shit. Shifted to old stuff, fired the pyro up, and the rest of the show was amazing. One live is out of this world.

Saw them acoustic at bridge school in 07. One of the most unique and best performances I've ever seen oddly enough. Trujillo injected a lot of energy back into them. Set was:

I Just Want to Celebrate
    (Rare Earth cover)

Please Don't Judas Me
    (Nazareth cover)

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
    (Blue Öyster Cult cover)

Brothers in Arms
    (Dire Straits cover)

Disposable Heroes
    (rearranged)

All Within My Hands
    (rearranged)

The Unforgiven

Nothing Else Matters

Free live stream starts about 8:30

http://webcast.livemetallica.com/
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Free live stream starts about 8:30

http://webcast.livemetallica.com/
    Metallica is doing something for FREE? There's gotta be a catch.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    How many people left the stadium?
    It was like the show was over for us when Guns came out..
    I will bet at least half left our event.
    Axl was pissed.
    Not many. Bikini tops were coming off all over the stadium, and that was on the big screen. If you've watched A Year and a Half in the Life, you've seen that intermission.

Man! What a great show. The crowds and the intensity was incredible and Metallica flat out laid it down.
    If I knew how to embed video I would post up some from the show.