FS: SCARPA SPIRIT RS 27.5 NEW

The short of it is that I have a new pair of Scarpa Spirit RS in a size 28 (US10 for the laypeople). Liners are intuition and unbaked, tags are still on the boots. I haven't even walked around the house in them. I am going to be SUPER honest. I bought them from a store for $105. They are yours for $105 plus shipping. That is about 66% off Steep&Cheap and Backcountry, which is already discounted off MSRP.

See below for the rant. Do not read this if you hate me, want to buy these, or do not want to help me. I will put them up on eBay before MLK if there are not bites.

I had a dream. It involved figuring out how to convert the Scarpa Spirit RS into Maestrale RS and laughing all the way to the bank. The heel, no problem. It would just be a pretty straight forward conversion. The toe points area whole different concern. The shallow openings towards the front make me really uneasy for Dynafit use. Correct me if I am wrong, please. I love the way these boots fit. That led me to look for some TR2 bindings. I know, only one heel lift position, ramping at the heel, the toe is scary in technical conditions.... I get it and I was considering it possibly worthwhile for the sake of these boots. BUT, despite a year of seeing the bindings on S&C for increasing discounts, Backcountry now says they are out of these Ski Trab TR2 bindings and NO ONE has them on sale. I am even looking on european sites and at shops that should have left over stock, but no one does. Any solutions for those who do not want me to sell my boots, always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jcolingham View Post
    I had a dream. It involved figuring out how to convert the Scarpa Spirit RS into Maestrale RS and laughing all the way to the bank. The heel, no problem. It would just be a pretty straight forward conversion. The toe points area whole different concern. The shallow openings towards the front make me really uneasy for Dynafit use. Correct me if I am wrong, please. I love the way these boots fit. That led me to look for some TR2 bindings. I know, only one heel lift position, ramping at the heel, the toe is scary in technical conditions.... I get it and I was considering it possibly worthwhile for the sake of these boots. BUT, despite a year of seeing the bindings on S&C for increasing discounts, Backcountry now says they are out of these Ski Trab TR2 bindings and NO ONE has them on sale. I am even looking on european sites and at shops that should have left over stock, but no one does. Any solutions for those who do not want me to sell my boots, always appreciated.
    Great deal for somebody who has the bindings. I thought sportiva was doing distribution this year for the TR2. Maybe check with them. I could maybe be convinced to sell one of my 3 pairs (2x 13 din, 1x 11din). Make an offer if you are serious.

Of the concerns you point out, only the ramp angle skinning is worth fretting over, and even that only sucks if you are skinning lots of flat or downhill terrain. 1 riser position is a non issue because the flat already has some rise for the low angle skinners. Toe has been bomber on big, technical, icy terrain.

So...are they a 28 or 27.5? Title says one and description says the other. Looks like a killer deal.

AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck
    Pm

Seems like it would be a good deal for someone with original mango maestrale, new liner to replace old stinky one, swap cuff and tongue to upgrade to RS (unless I'm missing something) and also get the new walk mode. Piece back together the left overs for a meadow skipper on frame binders. I'm talking out of my ass so no clue if all of the above works since I don't know anything about spirits.

Milestogo- scarp a 27.5= 28.0 in shell sizing.

Interested, pm sent.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Seems like it would be a good deal for someone with original mango maestrale, new liner to replace old stinky one, swap cuff and tongue to upgrade to RS (unless I'm missing something) and also get the new walk mode. Piece back together the left overs for a meadow skipper on frame binders. I'm talking out of my ass so no clue if all of the above works since I don't know anything about spirits.

Milestogo- scarp a 27.5= 28.0 in shell sizing.
    I have Fritschi pros and considered this route but half the point of this route was to reduce weight all around. I just traded some gear for a telemark touring set up. Maybe I should just consider that my light weight setup.

As for shell, it is a 28 and the liner fits me at 27.5 without slop and it feels really spot on compared to the maestrale 27.5 (28 shell with more volume in the tongue?).
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by trogdortheburninator View Post
    Great deal for somebody who has the bindings. I thought sportiva was doing distribution this year for the TR2. Maybe check with them. I could maybe be convinced to sell one of my 3 pairs (2x 13 din, 1x 11din). Make an offer if you are serious.

Of the concerns you point out, only the ramp angle skinning is worth fretting over, and even that only sucks if you are skinning lots of flat or downhill terrain. 1 riser position is a non issue because the flat already has some rise for the low angle skinners. Toe has been bomber on big, technical, icy terrain.
    I am not sure what to offer. What is the wear like? How many days and how many tours? Are you leaving the ecosystem? The fact La Sportiva took over the Ski Trab brand and pulled them from the market. With Scarpa and La Sportiva making the only boots for them, I dont mind. I like both. But if it is about to be a dead technology with difficulty in getting parts, they have really low value beyond the current set up, despite how great they are. Cliche alert: betamax was great but VHS won.

I would probably be fine with the 11s but the testosterone in my says 13 sounds better and it is my favorite number. PM with value thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by cipherpunks View Post
    Interested, pm sent.
    After asking for cheapest shipping method, citing, "even if it doesn't provide tracking number", the dude called me scammer and went all paranoid. The fact that I was willing to just send my money first didn't even counted. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by cipherpunks View Post
    After asking for cheapest shipping method, citing, "even if it doesn't provide tracking number", the dude called me scammer and went all paranoid. The fact that I was willing to just send my money first didn't even counted. Go figure.
    No one gives a crap about your statement. You are trying to escrow a bunch of things for an international sale and got super weird about how you wanted it shipped. Your over burden of miscellaneous details looks like a craigslist response to Nigeria. I have hundreds of transactions on here and people know that IF I cannot deliver, I make good with beer money. You are new, a jong, and a fraud. Good luck trying to screw with me on here.

That said, bump. Tired of dealing with cipherpunks and his bs. Anyone want these? Make me an offer. I will ship to the best one before April.

Bump for offers

Ignorance being bliss I ask...will these work with Lord SP, Dukes etc ?????

My understanding it that the rockered sole will work with a newer Duke and might be a little tight on some older models. Solly Guardians seem like a good bet from my quick research, but definitely buy with confidence. I really wanted to set these up on TR2s and then they were all gone and discontinued but Dynafit conversion wasn't possible.

Sold btw