Kicking Horse evac

https://youtu.be/Rcv5WfpMxSI

Why not use let down ropes off of Gondi ? LOT of exposure with the heli, looking for other's thoughts.

I HOPE THE LINK WORKS....

I think they did for most of it but some parts that gondi is pretty far off the ground. Also I think the gondola broke late in the day so maybe there were rushing to get it done before dark (?).

Just going of the vid and it looks like nothing BUT a true professional job was done.
    Crazy to see a heli hover in the dead man curve for so long. Any issues and the lift towers and Gondi cars would be impacted.
    It is always amazing to see a good pilot in actions.

you can't miss this video, was on CBC national news, Mrs DW just missed being on gondi, was up top and came down in a Cat as didn't have skis.

There is discussion in some quarters that not supposed to use long line unless there is medical issue requiring ASAP out. But KH I believe followed own procedures of when to use long line.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

That was pretty badass. Heli time aint cheap, and with the exposure, lift towers and cables I can't imagine they made that decision lightly.