Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Subaru Foresters can fly

The whole cruise up there was relaxed, leisurely, until that moment. I definitely wasn’t purposely trying to take that corner fast, I was caught up in the moment flying through those long tunnels, got distracted, and didn’t see the road ahead of me. I panicked last minute and that ultimately lead to this entire situation.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

^ thread title should read "Subaru Foresters can NOT fly"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

So what? Honda Pilots can be driven on their roofs
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I like how he's hollering, "Oh no, Oh no!" as he goes ass over tea kettle.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Because race car.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I didn't know lesbians spent their hard earned money on custom exhausts for their butch wagons.

Subaru sister down!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

damn im surprised to see how well that thing fared going upended like that....wouldve thought the wreck would be much worse...looks like he got caught in a bit of understeer...sounded like a stick though...arent the sticks 50/50 front/rear? dude liked to drive fast, but didn't know how to do it very well...

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    damn im surprised to see how well that thing fared going upended like that....wouldve thought the wreck would be much worse...looks like he got caught in a bit of understeer...sounded like a stick though...arent the sticks 50/50 front/rear? dude liked to drive fast, but didn't know how to do it very well...
    might be a little difficult to keep the car on a windy road at high speed with one hand holding the video camera. duh!

Seriously, what a fuck. First time up the road I'm guessing since he said he got distracted and forgot there's a giant left-hander immediately after the tunnel exit that falls away from him? That's great for coming in at loony speed. That and holding the camera... geez.

Lucky he didn't roll too far. Probably thanks to the all season tires.
    I still call it The Jake.

You guys have heard of dash cams, right?

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Understeer would have sent him into the wall on the outside. If you are on throttle, turn, and lift off sharply it's going to make a car spin to the inside (oversteer) regardless of the drivetrain. You can test this yourself in a long corner -get on the gas the car will follow a wider line, come off and it will tuck in. You don't have to be going fast or at the limit.

I saw a guy on a harley crash at that exact same spot years ago. Gunned it through the tunnel, panicked, locked up the back brake, went straight into the wall.

^Once he got sideways he should have slammed on the brakes and turned the key off so the ABS would deactivate. A four wheel skid would have sent him down the road instead off of it like what happened here. Stupid kid though with zero skillz and his hand on his phone. Glad he didn't run into an oncoming car.

Must be an older Forester because I can't get mine to slide. The traction control takes over which puts the "FU" in the fun of driving a Subaru in the snow.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Must be an older Forester because I can't get mine to slide. The traction control takes over which puts the "FU" in the fun of driving a Subaru in the snow.
    do you ever push the de-activation button for the anti-slip. Many often forget to hit that when on slippery roads.

the crashed my Forrester thread, yummy
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    ^Once he got sideways he should have slammed on the brakes and turned the key off so the ABS would deactivate. A four wheel skid would have sent him down the road instead off of it like what happened here. Stupid kid though with zero skillz and his hand on his phone. Glad he didn't run into an oncoming car.
    That's a really bad idea. Turning the car off while you're sliding out of control is not going to help. You lose power steering and brakes and if the key goes to "off" instead of "acc" the steering column locks too. ABS didn't send him off the edge. lift-off oversteer and being an idiot did.

I would argue not in this case since the other option was flying off a cliff! Once you lock up the tires power steering or any steering becomes useless anyway. You get a couple pumps worth of assist after you turn off the ignition so locking up the tires shouldn't be a problem. If you lock the tires up the car will continue on its path of momentum. Watch race car drivers in a spin. They lock up the tires so that they continue down the track instead of slamming the inside or outside wall. If they make a complete spin they will let off the brakes and try to steer to regain control. If this kid had locked up his tires before his car had a chance to steer him off the cliff he wouldn't have gone over the edge.

On a similar note in deep snow my old Subaru cycles the brakes too fast. If you cut the power and let the brakes lock up the car will stop much faster. Try it sometime in a safe environment. You can feel the braking g-force increase as soon as you cut the power (assuming you are in a traction situation which favors locked wheels like deep snow or slush (not ice or hardpack snow) and you don't need to steer around something).

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    might be a little difficult to keep the car on a windy road at high speed with one hand holding the video camera. duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    You guys have heard of dash cams, right?
    Right? Yeesh.

damn im surprised to see how well that thing fared going upended like that....wouldve thought the wreck would be much worse...
    incredibly safe and strong cars

a Subaru save my nephew's life when some idiot ran a red light and T-boned his door

he bought another Subaru

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post

a Subaru save my nephew's life when some idiot ran a red light and T-boned his door

he bought another Subaru
    cool sto zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

M3's can fly too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post

he bought another Subaru
    I think thats a commercial now.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    M3's can fly too!

Textbook decreasing radius fail. I like it.