Electric Shocks; Any Experience?

I was looking at a nonworking outlet in my bathroom the other day and was a little nervous..
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Go buy a voltage meter and you can still be in the dark about shock therapy.

edit: here's the one
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I have a TENS unit will that work.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

When i was 3 , my dad had taken the back of the tv off to fix something and somehow I wandered up and grabbed ahold of the back of the picture tube while the tv was on.

I got zapped hard. To this day i remember that feeling

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    When i was 3 , my dad had taken the back of the tv off to fix something and somehow I wandered up and grabbed ahold of the back of the picture tube while the tv was on.

I got zapped hard. To this day i remember that feeling
    As a kid, I would put a finger in a socket, hold on to the cow zapper fence, etc. Fuck maybe that is why I am a little fuzzy these days??? I was thinking it was all the Windowpane I ate in the 70's.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Of course either you know what they heck you are doing or you turn the breaker off before starting into opening up and "playing" with an electrical outlet- but then of course it is only 110 and probably will not kill you if it is just a quick zap.

grounded a wrench on a 12v battery while changing it out on a vw bug and started welding together. that shit was hot quick.

These parody threads are so telemarktips.com I can't even.

110 just tickles in my experience. I'm not real bright, that's an established fact, but I never turn breakers off when I do simple stuff like changing light fixtures and whatnot. Only trick is to be sure that the shock doesn't surprise you enough that you fall of the ladder cuz the shock isn't enough to injure you but the floor certainly can be.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    grounded a wrench on a 12v battery while changing it out on a vw bug and started welding together. that shit was hot quick.
    I did that once too. Didn't bother the Sears clerk one bit when I exchanged the Craftsman wrench for a non-melted one. Lifetime warranty!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I know right? They annoyed me there too.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    As a kid, I would put a finger in a socket, hold on to the cow zapper fence, etc.
    Its cool some people are into it, man I know a girl for you.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I've been zapped more times than I can count. But I tend to do my electrical work wearing copper clogs.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    I think McGyver might have welded a leaking submarine hull from the inside with this method using a roll of pennies.

Are you one of Mitch's bitches?
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I know right? They annoyed me there too.
    You have no sense of humor apparently. They were essential to TTips. And thankfully, there are idiots here willing to carry on the proud tradition.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Ok kids. 90% +/- of deaths by electrocution are from household currents. So don't be a tard. It's all about the amps and it doesn't take much to send the heart into the shitter...for good.

With that said, I've been zapped a few times and it's really not that bad.

The worst was my apartment way back. The screen door had a screw touching a wire and would zap my poor dog. We thought he was just being a big baby (which he was...110lb lab mix) when the door hit his tail. One day coming home still with my wet suit on I got shocked. Man did I feel bad. My poor dog.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You have no sense of humor apparently.
    Well, then, according to this place I must have fit right in at TTips!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    They were essential to TTips.
    hell no they weren't. They are just a phenomenon that sprouted there somewhere along the line (not saying that the practice originated there). They didn't exist back when TTips was really good (but you didn't exist there either back then, coincidence? ).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Well, then, according to this place I must have fit right in at TTips!

hell no they weren't. They are just a phenomenon that sprouted there somewhere along the line (not saying that the practice originated there). They didn't exist back when TTips was really good (but you didn't exist there either back then, coincidence? ).
    Ouch. Yes, it was I that single handedly ruined ttips.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Back on track.

When I was but a tiny lad I got up early to fly my new kite. Found a big ball of string that had a shiny strip of tinsel running through it. Tied it all up and launched. Kite flew for a while then went down over a power line. I was standing in wet grass at the time.

I watched little flashes of light dance down the string, then explode right in front of my hands. Knocked me backwards and none of my muscles wanted to work for a few minutes. Blisters on each side of each knuckle on each finger. Just call me Benji Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Back on track.

When I was but a tiny lad I got up early to fly my new kite. Found a big ball of string that had a shiny strip of tinsel running through it. Tied it all up and launched. Kite flew for a while then went down over a power line. I was standing in wet grass at the time.

I watched little flashes of light dance down the string, then explode right in front of my hands. Knocked me backwards and none of my muscles wanted to work for a few minutes. Blisters on each side of each knuckle on each finger. Just call me Benji Franklin.
    Oh fuck. But the real question is, do you tele?
    I see hydraulic turtles.