Atomic Waymakers

I'm looking to get a new pair of boots. They won't get used a ton (maybe 10 days and occasional overnight tours). I don't have a strong alpine background. Up until now, I have tele'd on T2s or Scarpa Spirits both in the BC and on area.

I would like to have one boot with a cheap pair of alpine boards and a tech pair for touring. The Cochise and Waymaker seem like the primary choices.

Most of the opinions of the Waymaker aren't great. Are they really that bad?
    Last edited by intheways; 01-04-2016 at 02:08 PM.

The only reason(s) to consider the Waymaker instead of the Cochise is if your foot is too wide/high volume/high instep to fit the Tecnica.

Greg, I'm skiing the factor mx. Had to stretch it quite a bit fur my 103 wide feet.

I like how they ski, control, stiffness, support in the back.
    Is there another boot for wide feet that has the performance?
    I like overlap because of the progressive flex.

Thanks

The live fit thing seems like a lemming feature. Guess the Cochise is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Is there another boot for wide feet that has the performance?
    If you have a bootfitter you trust, the Cochise 100mm last can easily be stretched to fit a 103mm foot (I'm in the same forefoot range, and make the Tecnica 98mm last fit my foot). The 3.5 buckle design skis very well and the walk mode is the best in the "crossover" category at the moment. The Waymaker fits more like the older BD boots out of the box, but punches are limited to the medial side of the forefoot as the LiveFit patch just springs back.

IF the waymaker fits perfect the Cochise will take some work to make it fit. I would have stayed in the waymaker if it wasn't for the Liv fit. I think I will be as happy with the fit on the cochise after a couple more tweaks.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Thanks for all the info. Further reinforces the move toward the Cochise. Some of the new boots like the K2 pinnacle look interesting.

I ordered Waymaker Tour and it was pretty light, with good ROM, Intuition liner and...? That's it. Too sooft, too wide and "tall". Now I'm with Cochise 130 Pro and can't be happier!