Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Rented that very same year model when in LA for a wedding that year. Little Escape had fantastic power and got great mpg. With flogging that poor rental hard all over LA, it had more than enough power to keep pace, merge safely, etc., and I averaged a bit over 30 city. Excellent vehicle IMO. I had a fun time flooring it all the time. The pick up on that thing will surprise you. I had fun. But then again, I have fun with ANY rental with the way I drive them. Rental Car Clerk: "Will you be wanting the insurance?" Me: "HELL YEAH!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Drove my mom's up to the mountain yesterday and thought it felt nice. Seems to be a bit of compensation/overkill on the gadgetry but nice fit and finish.
    This. I rented a 2013 or 14 Escape for a week in PDX last year and while the ride and AWD were nice enough it took me about 15 minutes of just sitting there staring at the dash to figure out how everything works. I think there was no fewer than 4 ways to turn on the radio. Way overkill in the gadgetry dept.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This. I rented a 2013 or 14 Escape for a week in PDX last year and while the ride and AWD were nice enough it took me about 15 minutes of just sitting there staring at the dash to figure out how everything works. I think there was no fewer than 4 ways to turn on the radio. Way overkill in the gadgetry dept.
    No idea which years had which version, but I've driven Fords with both MyFordTouch (2nd gen Sync) and the current Sync3. MFT blows goats, Sync3 is actually pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The steering wheel is ridiculous. They jammed so many buttons and paddles on that thing that I barely had room for my Barneys driving gloves. And the pictures were completely nonintuitive. The gadgets were tough enough to figure out that I chose to listen to a CD lecture on 18th century Europe that my mom had running rather than try to switch the content. And apparently, Leonhard Euler was kind of a badass.

Just read his wikipedia page. Holy shit, badass indeed.

I rented a Focus for a weekend that also had a that crazy steering wheel. After a while you get used to it and in the end it's kinda handy.

FYI...My wife has a 13 Escape Eco AWD. Been recalled at least 5 times and has one pending that I haven't had a chance to deal with. Aside from that seems OK but I've never really liked it. Wife drives it most of the time though. I've had 4 Escapes (including this one, an 05 and 2 09's), all were/are great with no problems like this. Good in the snow too. The 2013 was the 1st year of the new model so maybe that has something to do with it but I'd stay away if I were you.
    The Sheriff is near!

2017 Escape with the improved turbo available spring 2016, so current model should get significant discount if you haggle....