Tracker 3 or Pieps DSP Pro?

Time to replace my beacon. I managed to find pretty good deals on both the Tracker 3 and DSP Pro and snagged them both. Which one do I keep? The price differential between the 2 doesn't matter in this case, I got them for almost the exact same cost.

Simplicity and small size/weight of the Tracker 3? Or the plethora of additional features in the DSP Pro for a small weight and bulk penalty. WWMD?

I've been looking for a deal on the dsp if you decide to sell that one.

I haven't used the Tracker 3, but on my second season with the DSP Pro and love it.

Beaconreviews says the pieps is half a star better

(actually, it's the sport that's 1/2 a star better)
    Last edited by acinpdx; 12-30-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Tracker 3 is I think more idiot proof. If drills are any indication, I need idiot proof. I love my T3.

I'd go with the T3. NA company for service, and they're a sled friendly company. Plus it's good beacon, and like the idiot proof features.

Would go Mammut if I wanted to spend a little more. Longer range, and can switch to analog for even longer.

I prefer the Peips Pro. 400 hours battery life, multiple search marking that doesn't revert back to strongest signal after 60 seconds, ability to check the frequency output of a partner's beacon . . . Pieps is now owned by Black Diamond, also a NA company with excellent customer service. Beaconreviews also rates the Pro 5 stars.

Tracker 3 or Pieps DSP Pro?

Another second the pieps pro. Upgraded last year to it. No regrets..

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    black diamonds custy service blows away bca
    always has always will
    i think pieps makes a way better product and has been for much longer
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Pieps dsp pro in my mind is much more intuitive to use. It's simple, has big buttons, you can rock it without the auto revert function and the sounds it emits aren't ridiculous unlike the tracker 3.
    Bd service to have the programming upgraded was top notch

Cool, thanks for the input maggots. Much appreciated!

tracker 3 reminds me of those handheld video games from the 80's. Same sounds too.

Has anyone had good results using the SS (Signal Suppression) function on the tracker 3? I was training today w someone who has a T3, and the SS function only worked while standing still. Once you started moving, it led you right back to the suppressed signal. Very weird.
    For what its worth, this one had not been updated yet (why no mac update BCA? seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Has anyone had good results using the SS (Signal Suppression) function on the tracker 3? I was training today w someone who has a T3, and the SS function only worked while standing still. Once you started moving, it led you right back to the suppressed signal. Very weird.
    For what its worth, this one had not been updated yet (why no mac update BCA? seriously)

How old was the suppressed beacon?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    How old was the suppressed beacon?
    A Practice field, Manuel Genswein's stuff, called easysearcher or something like that. I am assuming this will be digital beacons and not analogue ones.