Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Str8line Alta/Bird camp ridiculous pricing for Jan. 8-10, last spots ever...

Hi guys, the upcoming January 8-10 camp next Friday-Sunday has 10 slots open. So instead of running a half-full camp I figured I would offer a last-minute deal for the same price as the first camp back in Dec. 2003, which was $375. The February camp is sold out. I know in the past that I've alluded to the fact that I might stop doing the camps but this time I really think this will be the last season, so this is the last chance if you've been thinking about coming to a Straightline Adventures camp. So rally up a couple of friends and come on out to Alta/Bird and join us for a weekend of skiing, learning and fun. www.straightlineadventures.com
    Last edited by str8line; 12-29-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Shit, don't stop this year...I've been wanting to do this. I just haven't been able to clear the time. Dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Shit, don't stop this year...I've been wanting to do this. I just haven't been able to clear the time. Dang it!
    I second this. Can't attend this year but will definitely have the time to attend next year.

Str8line Alta/Bird camp ridiculous pricing for Jan. 8-10, last spots ever...

Sweet! Lines up well with a free place to stay and a free ride from/back to CO. I'm in. Calling tomorrow.

I'm booked and looking forward to it.

I'll be around Alta that weekend, probably trying to make wiggle turns on groomers. I'd love to catch a beer with y'all!

Tempting tempting, looking into, thanks for the offer Gordie, had an awesome time a couple years back
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gnarwhale View Post
    I'll be around Alta that weekend, probably trying to make wiggle turns on groomers. I'd love to catch a beer with y'all!
    Sweet! Lets try and catch up!

Damn, I have a work trip that weekend or I'd book a flight.

Hate to hear this is the last year for Straightline... Gordy's camps are top-notch. $375 is a steal - if you're on the fence, pull the trigger and go, you won't regret it. Wish I could make it out for one last camp, timing just sucks on my end.

Appreciate all you've done for the Mags over the years Gordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Hate to hear this is the last year for Straightline... Gordy's camps are top-notch. $375 is a steal - if you're on the fence, pull the trigger and go, you won't regret it. Wish I could make it out for one last camp, timing just sucks on my end.

Appreciate all you've done for the Mags over the years Gordy.
    Likewise^^^^^ Changed my skiing for the better Thankyou Gordy and wishing you continued success in life

Would love to do this but my wife is in the middle of chemo. Can't leave her.

Trigger pulled for my fourth and lastGordy camp.

If anybody is on the fence, now is the time to do it. These camps are great, and even if you are the best skier on the mountain, Gordy and his crew will make you feel like you can't ski worth shit, but then make you ski better then you ever have.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

How do you sign up with the deal? Haven't been able to reach by phone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gnarwhale View Post
    Hey, I'll be in town for OR (4th-12th), ask for change!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    How do you sign up with the deal? Haven't been able to reach by phone yet.
    He had me book it on the website. There's a link to signup which has you paypal $300 to reserve the spot.

http://www.straightlineadventures.com/register.php

It still shows 675 list price though? The $300 is just a deposit?

Gordy always adjusts for repeat/maggot pricing at the start of camp, so I'd go ahead even without confirmation.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Cool - done

It still shows 675 list price though? The $300 is just a deposit?
    That was my assumption and what I was told to do to hold my spot. I'm guessing he hasn't had time to update his site for this special deal that is running.

Yeah, I just signed up and payed the deposit. I figure I would square it with Gordy later. I have know him long enough to not worry about such things.

Sounds like the camp is going to fill up. Start conditioning your livers for the evening sessions.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Bump for a chance of snow

rocking the feb camp.
    super bummed that this will be my last, but all good things...

Anyone commuting to/from Park City? Whats the best way to get to AltaBird from there?

Anyone commuting to/from Park City? Whats the best way to get to AltaBird from there?
    The mrs. and I are debating signing up. We live on the outskirts of Pc. You have to drive down I 80 to 215 to surface highways across cottonwood heights and sandy. The drive isn't bad, usually.

The more direct commute would involve a sled and climbing skins. That would be more direct and more fun, but probably not any quicker.