Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I've missed you guys.

For some reason I've been reflecting on the past lately and it's amazing how this place had been (and even though I haven't posted in years) continues to be a huge part of my life. Most of my adult (not being creepy, just an age descriptor) friendships were formed here and how this place shaped who I am. Occasionally I'll still get to hang and ski with a handful of maggots. It's always hilarious.

Anyway, I've missed you guys and I'll be hanging here more again. I've quasi-retired from a few of my jobs and intend to chase some storms this winter. You may see this skiing man child show up in your town soon.

MOE, myself and Hutch will be in Aspen on Tuesday and Wednesday for The National shows. If anyone wants to catch up for some turns or beverages let me know.

Well welcome back. I too go through periods of reflection and have to reevaluate the difference of the real world and "my internet friends". For some reason I keep coming back to this place. I have been a lurker for over a decade and minor contributor for almost 9 years I suppose. I remember your posts about your activity in Ogden. I have a few trips planned already for this winter and may stop at your place. I don't hit up Pow Mow as often as I did back in 07-11 or so partly because for the shit winters, but more so, because those hipsters purchased the Marriott in town and I always have lots of free nights from work travel. I also have two sons accompanying me vs 8-9 seasons ago. However, this winter I promised to take my sons there.
    Happy New Year and welcome back. How is the market doing out there?

welcome back. meeting you through the board years ago has opened a ton of doors, thank you. look forward to hanging out sometime soon and let me know if your storm chasing takes you to teton village, we might be able to put you up for a couple nights depending on schedule
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Here's hoping the Drugged Monkey escapes his cage on occasion.

Right on. Hit me up if you head this way. The hipsters purchased Powder Mountain, but not the Marriott. I believe the Marriott was franchise owned and the owners hadn't kept up on improvements to the point to retain the Marriott name so it was stripped of the Marriott name until they got caught up on renovations. It is now a Marriott again. I have no idea why they named it the "Summit" in the interim. It made for a lot of confusion.

The market is too good. No inventory. In the category I shop there were usually roughly 200 listings available. Right now there are only 60. I've had to get more creative in my purchasing recently, but I've also backed way off. I've pretty much resigned all of my design and real estate clients. I just design for a couple of my own projects and the same is pretty much true for RE investing. I got too busy. Work is no kind of life. I'll be skiing more again and hanging with the kiddos, etc... I'll still pick up properties here and there as interesting things come up, but that's probably about it. I do enjoy remodeling older homes.

Kokomas, likewise. Glad we met. We need to get some ski days in this winter.

Tip, ha ha. Yeah he gets out more often than he should, but the internet world is not as anonymous as it once was. Sharing deranged writing might be taken the wrong way, etc... I did compile every DM post in a word doc. I read excerpts to my kids one night and they just about pee'd themselves. As they get older they slowly get to know my dark sides more. They both have a super tweaked sense of humor too. Bob's Burgers is their favorite show.

Welcome back j. Scoped some of your recent fb pics from the basin over the last week. Keep it up Peter pan.

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post
    Tip, ha ha. Yeah he gets out more often than he should, but the internet world is not as anonymous as it once was. Sharing deranged writing might be taken the wrong way, etc... I did compile every DM post in a word doc. I read excerpts to my kids one night and they just about pee'd themselves. As they get older they slowly get to know my dark sides more. They both have a super tweaked sense of humor too. Bob's Burgers is their favorite show.
    Nice.

Come play in Snowbird when I'm out there in Feb. J. 2/11-2/19.

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post
    Right on. Hit me up if you head this way. The hipsters purchased Powder Mountain, but not the Marriott. I believe the Marriott was franchise owned and the owners hadn't kept up on improvements to the point to retain the Marriott name so it was stripped of the Marriott name until they got caught up on renovations. It is now a Marriott again. I have no idea why they named it the "Summit" in the interim. It made for a lot of confusion.

The market is too good. No inventory. In the category I shop there were usually roughly 200 listings available. Right now there are only 60. I've had to get more creative in my purchasing recently, but I've also backed way off. I've pretty much resigned all of my design and real estate clients. I just design for a couple of my own projects and the same is pretty much true for RE investing. I got too busy. Work is no kind of life. I'll be skiing more again and hanging with the kiddos, etc... I'll still pick up properties here and there as interesting things come up, but that's probably about it. I do enjoy remodeling older homes.
    Well i see that now. it was named summit so presumed it was the hipsters had confiscated it like Pow Mow. So I take it you are now semi-retired. Good for you. I'll hit you up with a DM if I'm in the area.

Skidog, Thanks. It's so nice having Utah acting like Utah again.

Tip, will do. The bird is the word.

ncskier, yeah it was super confusing for everyone out here. Yeah, just doing that work that inspires me now.

Right on dude! Feel similar
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Well shit, we've missed you too! Glad to hear you'll be around more! Hit us at Snowbird (just midweek for me) if you can swing it!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Slapticials spinwad uber lederhosen tin types. The Incredible Lightness of Skiing. Kazoo nimble sweet tug blather monster h00haw.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Summit, that's another familiar name. Shit, it's been years.

beaterdit, will do. If we get skunked and you guys get it I'll be down that way. I love the bird.

Buster, I'm not quite sure I remember you, but it says you've been posting since 2001... Curious... Looking forward to Crystal in March.

Hey md...

How's gt40 doing? Was at a couple of Gordy camps with him, good guy.

Still have your bar, or was that meats of evil?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Yo Holmes.

The weird thing here is me Buster and Irul used to be the old guys but now everybody is older than us. Not sure how that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The weird thing here is me Buster and Irul used to be the old guys but now everybody is older than us. Not sure how that happened.
    I think Splat is older than Yoda
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Welcome back j. Scoped some of your recent fb pics from the basin over the last week. Keep it up Peter pan.
    This,

And I'll dm you my contact info.... I may be able to sneak out for a lunch lap.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Yo!

Welcome back. Now send something ferchrisake so we can all live vicariously through you. Oh and if you happen to know Joe Strummer, tell him to come on back this way too. We need his brand of humor round here.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Punks.

Some of the best days I've had on a mountain were with you, J. Those were a fun couple of years.

Always good to see old farts post again. So far the average join date in the thread is well over ten years. I feel like such a pup being here only 9.5 years.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot