Bag of Parts to Dalbello Krypton Kr2

So there is a new pair of Krypton Kr2's (Fusion if it matters) that will be on my feet for this new ski season if we ever get any more snow. Yes I have looked through their manual, but it is the same manual as the Scropions and other boots with some photos of the other boots series for some of the adjustments. There is a bag of parts that I have a few what are they for questions on. First in the photo where the 2 curved pieces mount up or used on the left and right is the first question- cuff spoilers.

The bottom center is for the 15 degree heel forward lean adjustment to go to the maximum. Also unsure where the top center piece spacer is used- also flex control somewhere?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151225_105244_635.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	734.0 KB 
ID:	173912

Bit of a Krypton Jong I know.

the wide, curved bits go in the back of the shell, and brace the boots two "wings" that extend up, from coming together. They make the boot stiffer, and usually have an upper (stiffer) and lower slots to go into. You can also stiffen the boot with changing the tongue to a stiffer version. Both ways will make the boot stiffer, btu have different feels.

no idea on the middle 2 bits.

The middle, top piece looks like the spacer for no added forward lean. Goes in the same place as the other wedge you have in the picture (looks like the biggest one like you figured out), just doesn't add any forward lean.

Not sure what you're asking about spoilers?

As mntlion said, the tongues vs cuff blocks add stiffness in very different ways. Between the stiffening blocks and tongues, you can have anything from a super mellow flexing, full tilt-esque 100-110 flex boot to a legit 130+ brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by cooks View Post
    The middle, top piece looks like the spacer for no added forward lean. Goes in the same place as the other wedge you have in the picture (looks like the biggest one like you figured out), just doesn't add any forward lean.

Not sure what you're asking about spoilers?

As mntlion said, the tongues vs cuff blocks add stiffness in very different ways. Between the stiffening blocks and tongues, you can have anything from a super mellow flexing, full tilt-esque 100-110 flex boot to a legit 130+ brick wall.
    I know about the 2 tongues and switched to the stiffer of the 2 tongues today while playing with them. The Fusions are listed as 120 flex, not sure if that is max with all the stiffest parts used or what they are stock with the softer of the 2 tongues (but flex is usually a bit subjective and it does not matter really). Just could not see where or how the cuff blocks mounted up. Will be looking into this further as I get in to do some punch and fit work with one of the shops.

You could be correct on the small piece being a simple spacer for the most upright lean -11 degree no wedge if they mount under the rear screw (I have not taken that off or out).

The curved pieces I was not sure about but speculated somehow mounting in the top rear area of the shell (as the manual states some boots have an adjustable boot cuff spoiler in the manual. The specific pages later in the manual on the cuff spoiler mentions an innerboot cuff with velcro mounting and later on another page a cuff spoiler with 2 screws mounting and another page talking about adjustable spoiler profile- removing the velcro strap and having spoiler at 2 different positions of forward lean.

Sounds like I was close but they go down lower inside the boot and not up top in the back of the boot near the rear strap and calf area.
    Last edited by RShea; 12-25-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Those curved pieces slot in the back of the boot as mntlion described. In the spine of the cuff, behind the two wings of the lower, there are two detents that they will slot into. Basically it's a block that couples the cuff and lower together vs flexing just the tongue and cuff. I found they feel more like just added rebound with the softer tongue in the low position, but in the high position with the C tongue, the boot gets really stiff. My krypton pros have that and a world cup booster and feel like a very honest 130+ flex. Pretty cool to play around with to get exactly the stiffness and flex pattern you want.

The spoilers go up higher around where you were describing you thought the stiffening blocks go.