Partner(s) Needed: 16 through 22 January in Wyoming/Colorado/Utah/Montana Rockeis

I'll be finishing up a commitment on the 16th in Jackson, WY in the morning and can relocate or start an approach on the afternoon of the 16th.

I'll have the 17th through the 21st completely free.

I'll need to relocate to Denver at some point on the 22nd as I fly out of Denver on the 23rd. I could drive overnight to Denver if there is an objective that it worth doing on the 22nd.

I'll have a very good understanding of the Jackson, WY snowpack and would like to stick around there if it is worth it. My number one objective is a ski descent of the The Grand, but favorable conditions for this may never present itself in January. I would be open for any type of skiing, but prefer technical ski descents. I would also be open for technical climbing routes in the Jackson area.

I would also be willing to relocate/travel.

A) Montana/Idaho/Utah are options, but it is the opposite direction from where I will need go on the 22nd for my flight.

B) Colorado is a very good option. I would be up for skiing anything or climbing anything in Colorado.

I will have my truck and will have all the group technical gear required for any objective.

Let me know if you are interested,

Thanks,

Dave
    239-two-three-three-2002

Bump. Still looking for partners. Thanks!

Bump. Still looking. I'm in town now and have gotten around a little bit.

Not looking for handouts, looking for solid partners to get out for fast, challenging objectives.

Thanks

Dave

Uhh yea. Who are you and why should anyone go skiing with some 10 post Jong who joined a few months ago just to find a ski parter? Ski descent of the Grand with some random stranger off the internet? No fuckin way. Post some stoke to show us you're capable, come up with some REASONABLE objectives for a first time partner, or otherwise GTFO and go hire a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by spankthepow View Post
    Uhh yea. Who are you and why should anyone go skiing with some 10 post Jong who joined a few months ago just to find a ski parter? Ski descent of the Grand with some random stranger off the internet? No fuckin way. Post some stoke to show us you're capable, come up with some REASONABLE objectives for a first time partner, or otherwise GTFO and go hire a guide.
    To be fair it's not unheard of. I skied that thing a few years ago with some guy who happened to be in the parking lot at the same time I was. Nice guy. My buddies and I still joke about skiing with "Parking lot Pat" (we never got his last name). He bought us a case of Serria Nevada for putting the rope up. Different strokes, different folks.

The slide on Taylor yeaterday speaks to the unpredictable/unmanageable aspect of our current snowpack. At least when you're skiing around/above other parties, please treat it as such.

Good luck on the partner search. If I were not as busy as I was I'd take a glory lap with you just out of curiosity. I've met some of my best ski partners on this fourm. Spankthepow is one of them.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Partner(s) Needed: 16 through 22 January in Wyoming/Colorado/Utah/Montana Roc...

Spankthepow - thanks for the post.

Aaron - let me know if you get a free afternoon / evening and we could probably make that lap. Regardless, thanks for the offer.

I did just join because until recently I had no need to post on TGR. I'm in the area for a few weeks and this seems like the best avenue for partners.

On my TGR profile I linked my other forum pages (TAY, cascade climbers, mountain project) to alleviate the uncertainty of recently joining TGR.

If you want a listing of what I've done, I can provide it for you.

I wound not be seeking a partner for the Grand if it were above my ability.

I'd be happy to go on a tour with anyone, whether they are interested in the Grand or not (as my original post stated). I simply prefer technical routes, and have no problem leading everything.

With the current conditions though, it seems like super mellow tours are the best option. I also stated that suitable conditions to ski the Grand may never present themselves while I am in town.

I'm currently in Jackson Hole, and will be busy during the day until the 16th. Prior to the 16th, I would be open to an evening tour, gym session, or supporting the local economy if anyone is interested.

So far my time here has been great (and very cold). With friendly people all over the place. Looking forward to the next 18 days!

Dave