I'm flying into Jackson on the 1st and spending the 1st and 2nd acclimating. Coming from the Northeast, I am really pumped to actually SEE some snow!

Looking for partner(s) on the 3rd and/or 4th.

I have never skied in the area before, so someone who knows the area would be best, but not required.

Ideas are:

1) Teton Pass. This is probably the best idea as I will want to do some significant snow study to gain familiarity.

2) The Canyons of the GTNP. This is next best, as technical as we want to make it; still will need to do the study study. This will also require an earlier start.

3) Climb/ski the Ford-Stettner, or another of the main Peaks. This is least likely. I am comfortable with someone who has never been, but the likelihood of me successfully bagging this right off the bat it low. This (The Grand) is ultimately my number one objective for my three weeks in the area, and if conditions warrant an attempt right off the bat I would like to go for it. Previous experience on the route would increase the chances of success. I have no problem going for it an pulling the plug if conditions, time, chemistry, etc do not line up.

I would have all the required group technical gear, all you would need is your personal gear.

I'm up for a super mellow tour or going for all the marbles, just want to get out and ski! I would also be up for skiing at the resort, but resort skiing is not my bag.

Thanks,

Dave

PS, I will be staying the Hostel and in the back of my truck.