Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TLT7

TLT7

From an unfamiliar source:

Link

Does this mean Dynafit will start selling crampons that attach to the tech fittings?

https://www.wildsnow.com/14513/tech-...echpon-skiing/

Pretty sure there was already a thread about these, but I'm too lazy to find it.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    https://www.wildsnow.com/14513/tech-...echpon-skiing/

Pretty sure there was already a thread about these, but I'm too lazy to find it.
    Exactly. But with a heel.

Looks like it may have the same ski mode function as the current models with the locking buckle. It also looks like the tongue isn't removable but is rather on a hinge at the toe. I wonder if you are supposed to put it outside the cuff when going up or if it is intended to be fixed at all times. The toe looks ultra funky but I bet it hikes great!

somehow the lower buckle is connected to the lean/lock mechanism

Finally, and maybe, progress. The latest iteration of the TLT6 is not really a new boot that warrants a $G. Got the 6P on sale for 1/2 off and couldn't be happier. The new TLT6 - for what, a $40 booster strap knock off and new colors? Wider last be damned. Salomon's Mtn Lab, on the other hand…cheaper and a much better skiing boot. Heavier, I realize. For $200 less though, retail. Keep em coming Salomon. And Dynafit. The more makers the merrier IMO.

The latest TLT 7 looks to be innovative. Let's hope they have an uber light, non-janky tech fitting crampon to correspond. And also hoping for an overall improvement over the 6. Here's to spending too much on some boots!

Probably designed to use a semi auto, no?

Quote Originally Posted by truax View Post
    Got the 6P on sale for 1/2 off and couldn't be happier.
    My first generation early adopter TLT6P's are still serving me well, and when they finally wear out, this is what I'm going to be looking for. I love those things. Maybe I'll get lucky and the TLT7 will be truly innovative, and the timing will be just right. (As in 7's on sale.)
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by m-ruta View Post
    Probably designed to use a semi auto, no?
    Either that, or a newly designed tech specific crampon.

A lighter, more compact (yet fully functional) tech crampon would be a nice addition to the quiver, but not *really* needed given the current LW CAMP and/or Grivel semi-auto options out there. Let's not forget what Steve House and Vince Anderson have climbed with semi-autos (uhhh, Nanga Parbat). They often seem to be a more Euro-based favorite, but obviously quite sufficient given their track record. And let's leave the controversial Techpon 250 out of this. That unique implement of destruction is just too dumb or rad, depending on the camp. We're looking for front point and heel point crampons here, I'd imagine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1451196067.667749.jpg 
Views:	749 
Size:	327.4 KB 
ID:	174006

They will be selling (or providing) a piece that supposedly affixes to your current crampons to make them compatible with the boot.

Of note as well is that the prices come down, as the performance (which is the only 7) comes in at $849.

And the whole boot line is much tighter. Say adios to Vulcans. New line will be Radical, TLT 6mtn, TLT 7, Khion

Good to see Dynafit simplifying the lineup and lowering the price some which was a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Good to see Dynafit lowering the price some which was a bit ridiculous.
    Thank Atomic for that.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post

And the whole boot line is much tighter. Say adios to Vulcans. New line will be Radical, TLT 6mtn, TLT 7, Khion

nooooo .... I'll stock up on Vulcans

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Yeah, I really really like my Vulcans too

Although I wanna point out, I will not be stocking up on multiple 1000$ boots, because, errr, well....they are $1000 boots

Any idea on the differences between the various TLT7 models?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Yeah ! after the quick consult with my gearu I pulled the trigger on the closeout vulcans at 340$ instead of phucking with the 1st year teething issues of the Khion at 1000$ price point, managed to flog the used mercury's for 250$ which makes it a 90$ upgrade and man am I ever glad I did!

With a pwrwrap I find the Vulcan to be pretty much a 1 boot quiver
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Any idea on the differences between the various TLT7 models?
    My understanding is that there are mens and womens 7s, but no variations within the 7 like the 6 has now. The tlt6 mtn returns unchanged. And at a lower pricepoint

Looks more race-oriented with fiddly bits bound to break. If they're going back to a more uphill-oriented boot like the TLT5, why not bring back the met flex? I'm sure a lockout for it running off the ski/tour lever full of fiddly bits could be engineered.

Gotta wonder when the market will be saturated with high performance touring boots? I got a pair of new green TLT6P's this month for under $400, and I've seen Vulcans just as cheap, BD is pretty much giving away their boots. Backlands, Mtn Labs, etc.
    The TLT7 isn't that much lighter then a green TLT6 with the CL liner. Looks like they also had to do away with the full carbon cuff to hit the lower price point too. Wonder how stiff it will be.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Ugg yeah, why kill the Vulcan, which is a tremendously popular boot? I picked up a used pair this season and love them (great fit, great walk mode, and stiff enough for me without the tongue), and and now going to consider grabbing a new, on-sale pair to hoard if I find them for the right price.

I'll probably go to Atomics once I finally declare a time of death on my TLT5P
    My pain boxes, ahem, I mean Vulcans, will eventually be replaced by Khions maybe?

And Dynafit is getting pretty amazing with how much they can charge for tiny amounts of metal...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Ugg yeah, why kill the Vulcan, which is a tremendously popular boot?
    Because they made so many that folks are getting them for $400.

XXX-er, can you compare the Mercury to the Vulcan? My Merc sans tongue is a guiver of one for me, but I am a relative meadow skipper.