Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: TLT7

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    29 TLT7 = 29.5 TLT 7 with a different sticker on the front. Same shell, same liner.

Scarpa F1 is stiffer, and heavier, than a TLT7 (performance, or expedition). This makes it a great boot for bigger guys (like myself) who can carry an extra 100g per foot, or those who have not or don't want to try and figure out how light boots ski.
    I assumed 29.5 had a different liner than the 29. Guess Scarpa's narrower boot just fit my feet better.

Interwebs said TLT7 have a flex of 110 while F1 are 90. That's why I was surprised to see the opposite.

Know this is a TLT7 thread, but just got my first day on the Fischer Travers. These things feel like slippers, have incredible ROM, and are a good bit stiffer on the down than the TLT-6 with no tongues. Also weigh about 200 grams less. I've always used Intuitions, but the Palau liners work really well in these boots. I have a higher instep so most tongue liners put too much pressure on my instep, these are the exception. TIme will tell how these hold up to abuse but so far so good.

^^Good stuff. Can you comment on the fit? Your feet a few mm longer and narrower than mine. Tried on a few light touring boots recently, but haven't been to a shop with the Travers.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

meager stoke

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    ^^Good stuff. Can you comment on the fit? Your feet a few mm longer and narrower than mine. Tried on a few light touring boots recently, but haven't been to a shop with the Travers.
    Feel similar in width to Black/Orange TLT-6, maybe slighly wider, but could be because of the liner. Have about 4 days on these and they are legit. Got them into some suncrusted snow and they were just ok, but anything in this weight class is going to be tough to ski in variable snow. Everything else they rip on. No hot spots or blisters after a couple 5k days. Currently skiing a 115 waisted Surface Live Life, will switch to BD Carbon Converts once we get some more coverage.

-Jason

Thanks! They just jumped to the top of the list.

Which size are you in and what's the shell fit? The info you provided below gives me a really good idea of your feet compared to mine, and will help me decide which to try if I have to order online.

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    I usually wear a Black/Orange 27.5 TLT6, had the TLT5, and Green Performance TLT6 in the same size, all were about a 1.25 finger shell fit. I also wear a 27 Alien 1.0, with about a 1 finger shell fit. Tried on both the 26.5 and and 27.5 TLT7 Carbonio. The TLT7 is definitely wider in the forefoot. I did a shell fit on each, the 26.5 was about 3/4 a finger behind the heel, the 27.5 was 1.25 fingers. I tried to squeeze into the 26.5 with the liner in, liner out and already on my foot, etc. Could not get my foot in the boot. 27.5 with the liner felt like the boot I should be skiing in. Even though it's a little wider than I'm used to and I might need to replace the liner with something a little more substantial after packing out there is no way I could fit my foot in a 26.5. For reference I wear a 10.5-11 size street shoe, but one foot is a little longer. Widest part of my foot is just over 4 inches.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

meager stoke

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Thanks! They just jumped to the top of the list.

Which size are you in and what's the shell fit? The info you provided below gives me a really good idea of your feet compared to mine, and will help me decide which to try if I have to order online.
    I'm in a 27.5, 1.25-1.5 ish finger shell fit depending on foot, one foot is longer.

Adding stream of consciousness from another thread.

For me Procline fit like the TLT6 and TLT5. My feet are mid volume, wide at forefoot. No arch. Ie generic Azn foot. I'm 27 in Vulcan, TLT5, TLT6, F1, Maestrale (liners cooked. No punches) 26 in Tecnica, Mtn Lab, Backland (but all of them need fairly generous punches at toe).

Sidenote is that I swim in the TLT7 and Backland.

TLT7

Yeah, the TLT7 is actually comfortable for me. The TLT6 wasn't a good fit even after punching. Very different last. The Scarpa F1 probably has the best heel hold. Vulcan death grip on me. Most painful boot I've ever had on my foot by far. You skinny ankle people will probably love it.

I've parallel tried TLT7 performance and Procline with lite liner in store. TLT7 seem wider, more space at the toes and stiffer 10 - 20%!

Any more feedback on the newest lightweight breed of boots? I am back and forth about going all in on the TLT7P or Carbon Travers.

Quote Originally Posted by maaurz View Post
    Any more feedback on the newest lightweight breed of boots? I am back and forth about going all in on the TLT7P or Carbon Travers.
    So far pretty happy with my Carbon Travers, I did snap off the boa, but it was my fault for thrashing through bushes on an exit. Lean lock lever could have a slightly deeper indentation as I've had to clear snow out to get it to latch, but overall great boot.

Quote Originally Posted by hnnaum View Post
    I've parallel tried TLT7 performance and Procline with lite liner in store. TLT7 seem wider, more space at the toes and stiffer 10 - 20%!
    Procline carbon I assume?

Carbon version of course..

I didn't read most/all of this thread so I apologize if this has already been hashed out:

I just demoed some TLT7Ps and put ~4500' human-powered vert on em tonight. This boot confuses and annoys me. The lower buckle is annoying as hell to fasten, the velcro thing on the liner is fucking stupid, the pull on the power strap is fucking stupid. The double upper buckle mechanism is... it feels like a way to compromise between "the upper buckle is also the ski/walk mechanism" and "they are separate" but it's the worst of both worlds - it is easy to accidentally open both levers, then your bottom buckle comes undone.

It doesn't fit my feet (no indictment of the boot here though) but it does ski quite well. I skied it on much shorter/skinnier skis than I ever did with my TLT6P so it's unfair to directly compare, but my hunch is it's in the ballpark of a no-booster-strap-but-tongue-in TLT6P, maybe a touch softer. Plenty of boot for me. It walks... also quite well, although this too somehow annoyed me. It walked notably better than my TLT6P did, but it has strange resistance points when flexing backward (lead foot in a long stride). Anyway I guess I was hoping for a little more revelatory ROM but it was still very good. Also it was surprisingly warm especially for a boot that didn't fit quite right, it was veerrrrry cold tonight and my toes only got can-be-fixed-by-wiggling-them cold.

I can see it being the absolute dream boot if you have a foot that shape, and if that were me, I would forgive its other faults. For the weight and ROM it skis damn well, but what the fuck was going on when they made these buckle/strap/velcro decisions? In fairness to the TLT7P, it stepped into unhelpful Plum race toes very intuitively. I didn't notice the toe welt providing more stride length but maybe it was. Is the carbonio version noticeably stiffer?

Edit: in terms of fit, this boot was short in the big toe for a 27.5 and wide in the forefoot, imo. Heel hold was adequate when the black buckle was open and the yellow buckle (and thus the lower buckle) "closed" but I managed to misalign the stars here a time or two. It bootpacked pretty well too.