Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    6'6" 220lb 34+" inseam here.
    Picked up a set of OR skyward IIs in XL last spring at their warehouse sale.
    Didnt expect much but actually turned into the best pair of all around ski pants i've owned.
    https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/m...plIjoiNzIifQ__

full disclosure, bought em for like $30 at that sale.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    6'6" 220lb 34+" inseam here.
    Picked up a set of OR skyward IIs in XL last spring at their warehouse sale.
    Didnt expect much but actually turned into the best pair of all around ski pants i've owned.
    https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/m...plIjoiNzIifQ__

full disclosure, bought em for like $30 at that sale.
    @220, I'm guessing you're more in the 34-35" waist world...is the listed 39" waist for XL adjustable?
    (voluminous butt/hips is what I'm trying to escape from having bought a size larger to get inseam length)

anyone got F&F codes on OR?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I'm guessing you're more in the 35" waist world...is the listed 39" waist for XL adjustable?

anyone got F&F codes on OR?
    I'm a 36" waist and have em cinched down pretty good. But they at least have belt loops.
    These + an arcade belt is a good combo for me.
    Always seems like for me it's waist is gonna be a bit big to get length. Doesn't help that my legs are big around the thigh compared to the average waist to thigh ratio. Got some tree trunks.

I will schill for RAB as the best fitting stuff I have found for me at 6'3" 200lbs. I wear 33W34L levis for reference. I have a bunch of their coats and a pair of softshell touring pants that fit well.

Switched to Patagonia Untracked pants l a couple of years ago, size L. Best fit I’ve ever had. 6ft4, 80kg/180lbs, 33” waist, 34” inseam.

^^ arcade belts are where it's at. Tall with trunk legs you gotta resign yourself to baggy waists. I bought one for skiing and now they're on all my day pants!

Double x fly low

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

What LC said - I am 6’4” and 205 lbs and large Patty Untracked is absolutely money and perfect size. I do not have to cinch the waist down much and the length is money as it does not make me look like a dork for being short.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Norrona for sure. Waist is tricky on bibs but length is great I have 34” inseam and no issues

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Pata powder bowl pants; the regular length has a long leg. Great fit for me w/long inseam

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    ^^ arcade belts are where it's at. Tall with trunk legs you gotta resign yourself to baggy waists. I bought one for skiing and now they're on all my day pants!
    Def on board w/ the arcade belts, not convinced yet on the baggy crotch
    i can’t go full GSA if my harness is all janky

Solid gold in this thread.

6'6" 210#, 36"inseam - XL strafe has become my goto. Their neoshell Temerity pants breath extremely well such that I haven't been able to justify buying softshells, despite running pretty warm

34”x37” pant size here. Very difficult to find ski pants.

-Patagonia can alter and lengthen certain pant models by 4” when you buy from them....charged me only $60 a few years ago for alteration. I called their customer service and they got me to the alterations/repair shop who does it. At least they used too

-Find a pant you like that fits you well from the waist down to the knee pocket, then take pants to outdoor gear repair store and they can add length below the knee so long as no full length zipper. They can likely match the material or get close enough to make it look good. Added length around shin area isn’t an issue for waterproofing

-Mammut sells Longs. Large long fits me really well for touring. Haldigrat HS Large Tall

where are the tall skinny pants? 6'3, 180lbs, 32-34 waist depending on pantzes. Only ones I've found are Burton AK, which also are great pants with all the features I want including inside and outside vents (preferably with mesh), four normally placed pockets, and a few extra pockets too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I'm 6'4 225lb, 35in waist/inseam. I just got a new pair of BD dawn patrols and they are plenty long in the leg. I had to cinch the factory belt down and it leaves a bit to be desired. But they have belt loops too and thin suspenders, but I haven't tried those yet.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    where are the tall skinny pants? 6'3, 180lbs, 32-34 waist depending on pantzes. Only ones I've found are Burton AK, which also are great pants with all the features I want including inside and outside vents (preferably with mesh), four normally placed pockets, and a few extra pockets too.
    Check out North Face Futurelight. They do a long length and the pants aren’t baggy. They’re just super pricey if you’re paying retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    I'm 6'4 225lb, 35in waist/inseam. I just got a new pair of BD dawn patrols and they are plenty long in the leg. I had to cinch the factory belt down and it leaves a bit to be desired. But they have belt loops too and thin suspenders, but I haven't tried those yet.
    Interesting data point
    You get size L?
    size chart seems to show 33.5 for inseam on both L & XL

[ETA] found a discount pair in L, going to try them out...
    Last edited by ::: :::; 12-12-2020 at 06:03 PM.

I’m 6’2 180lbs and various Arcteryx pants in a medium long fit great (almost too long). They would likely be perfect for someone an inch taller

This is exactly me. Currently in Patagonia Mixed Guide pants, 34" waist and a really long inseam. I grabbed some Patagonia Reconnaissance pants in medium on a whim...money at the waist, but a smidge too short. So I guess it's hit or miss.

BD used to make tall length Dawn Patrols that were fantastic in size medium. Kinda regret selling the pair I had.

Others I've checked out, but not tried, include Mountain Hardwear Rerurnia in tall length and old model Arc'teryx Gamma MX.

Would love some tall Flylows, but they are a bitch to find and sell out so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Interesting data point
    You get size L?
    size chart seems to show 33.5 for inseam on both L & XL

[ETA] found a discount pair in L, going to try them out...
    I went XL after trying on the large in the store and the hips and ass seemed tight, not so much the length, their spec seems off. The XL's have plenty of length for me.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Ski Pants for Tall Dudes - The Quest

36” waist x 40” inseam. I’m going to have Burgess Custom Outerwear in Teton Valley, ID make my next pairs of bibs and ski pants.

For touring pants I want to give NW Alpine in Salem, OR some business one of these days. They will do custom lengths on everything they make, and their prices are attainable.

I think I’m wearing knockoff Arc’teryx “XCR” bibs right now. Found on Ebay. Large-tall, avertised as 36”x36”. They seem too cheap to be legit, but they’re made really well, waterproof, taped seams, kevlar(ish) reinforced cuffs. They don’t have builtin gaiters, but that hasn’t been an issue so far. No discernible wear after a year of abuse.

For touring I have a pair of Strafe Cham XL pants, advertised as 37x36, they fit about as well as anything I’ve found off the shelf. Waist seems a little under 37”, length seems a little over 36”.

I resist Patagucci and Arc' cuz the price, but good to know. Had a lot of flylow around the house over the years and they've always been to short for me the XL which is too big in the waist.

Check out the Burton AK's. Not baggy these days in a medium or large waist, and just long enough. The perform very well, have on features. Pretty easy to find at a discount too.

Quote Originally Posted by stec06 View Post
    This is exactly me. Currently in Patagonia Mixed Guide pants, 34" waist and a really long inseam. I grabbed some Patagonia Reconnaissance pants in medium on a whim...money at the waist, but a smidge too short. So I guess it's hit or miss.

BD used to make tall length Dawn Patrols that were fantastic in size medium. Kinda regret selling the pair I had.

Others I've checked out, but not tried, include Mountain Hardwear Rerurnia in tall length and old model Arc'teryx Gamma MX.

Would love some tall Flylows, but they are a bitch to find and sell out so fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I haven't used any Patagonia soft shell myself, but I have very long arms and legs and Patagonia hard shells fit both very well. Not schoeller fabric though.

6'2", 185lbs here. You peeps listing off Patagonia and Burton as long enough must never have stepped into Strafe or Norrona. Burton IMO is way too short, Pata a little less so. Almost every manufacturer lists inseam length now on their websites for a given size and sometimes models. I find almost all brands to list a Large at no more than 85cm (33.5"). Strafe up to last season listed at around 87cm (now they're showing 84?). Norrona lists at 87-87.5cm and up to 90cm for their Tamok Bib pant (although beware as anything listed as 'Technical' fit as opposed to 'Regular' fits shorter).

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    I went XL after trying on the large in the store and the hips and ass seemed tight, not so much the length, their spec seems off. The XL's have plenty of length for me.
    Ha, oh well, we’ll see how the L fits...I appreciate the notes

actually, everyone’s input has been helpful in its own way...thanks all