Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ^^^, so this going to sound weird (and I don't like the fact that I feel this way because it's silly) but after spending so much time in junior race world with my kids and all those sometimes haughty and Spyder-bedecked families I have a hard time with the Spyder brand. I'll try to get over myself and look into them. Because, well, it's probably worth it to find some pants that work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

^^^ When I was growing up we were one of those Spyder bedecked families. Not so anymore but I've stuck to the pants, though mine are old enough that the Spyder label is gone.

Duplicate Post...

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    check out Strafe, i just got the XL....and wear 36x36.....just adjust the velcro waist tabs, come with suspenders too, 10K WP, nicely made too
    Strafe Temerity in XL - Great advice!
    I just recently picked up a pair & I'm much happier with the trimmer fit of the Temerity pants compared to the fairly baggy XL Tall Arcteryx Stingrays I used last season.
    Great design & detailing, and the Neoshell fabric is super comfy.

bump for flylow chemical in med tall & lrg tall up on website. not sure if baker bib will follow.

tall baker and chemicals up online again for the lanky folk.

6"3 for 230lbs : Patagonia Powslayer bib in size XL fit perfect !

Strafe Cham2 and Norrøna pants run long even in the normal sizes. I'm 6'4" and the Cham2 L is too long in running shoes, I have to roll up the cuffs. Fit great with ski boots.
    Last edited by hafjell; 08-31-2018 at 06:47 AM. Reason: size

Arcteryx makes all ski pants as short regular and long. If you can get to an outlet there is usually loads of longs on the sale rack.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

what/where outlets??

I have used norrona and have green gore pant/bib in XL for $200. Perfect condition and easily 34 inseam. Waist is 34-36. Comes with zip off bib
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

north face powder guide pant comes in long,,,,just grabbed another pair,,,,,goretex on sale for $175. BobWards.com has them.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    north face powder guide pant comes in long,,,,just grabbed another pair,,,,,goretex on sale for $175. BobWards.com has them.
    Small long only. The rest are Regular.

i must of grabbed the last pair.....small/long? is there such a person they would fit?

As much as old folks are going to want to hate em, SAGA are the only pants that work really well for tall guys, unless you enjoy paying out the ass for full price stuff.

I like my pants pulled up high so the crotch is high and my movement is unrestricted, and i like the back cuff of my pants long enough that it hits right at the bottom of the heel on my boot. I also dont want some super baggy pant that looks boxy. At 6'4", SAGA is the only pant that fits the bill and is decently technical, along with being skier specific (reinforced insteps, nice venting, articulated knees and hips, good pocket layouts, easy and universal powder skirt integration, etc). there is a lot to be said about the product from a brand that started small and built themselves using direct feedback from a "core" community. And the early garish color schemes are a thing of the past... very subdued these days. I wore the shit out of my last pair (3 seasons worth) and got the bibs this year- 20k/20k bibs for $180 shipped at preorder pricing. tough to beat that IME.

I can find deals on jackets that fit the way i like, but when it comes to pants, i either buy SAGA stuff or i would have to pay a huge markup to get LT or XLT sizing from a "premium" brand. FWIW, the XL inseam length in SAGA is 35.5", while the XLT length in The North Face is 34.5".

I'm 6'8" tall, with a 35" waist and 40" inseam, and SAGA is the first ski pant I've found that fits relatively well. It fit my budget at the time, too. And the ski shop actually had my size at the time, which never happens.

I wear the Anomonie, and the only complaint I have about it is that every once in a while (usually at speed in trees or on bumps), I hook the inside brake of my opposite ski in the bellbottom cuff and just about fucking die. Somehow I haven't actually even fallen yet -- I just hop around like a goon for a minute or two till I can stop or get unhooked -- but holy shit is it freaky.

I'm looking for other, non-bellbottom options, but it's a life long struggle, and I don't have a whole lot of patience for it anymore. I'm really hoping for some other person of my stats to magically appear and tell me what to buy.

I'm eager to try out NW Alpine custom cut pants, for touring. I think that's my next move.

Take them to a tailor, even my dry cleaners will fix something like that.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Take them to a tailor, even my dry cleaners will fix something like that.

Hah! Yeah, good point, thanks. Jeez, it's like a mental block. Probably why I have a dresser full of different colors of exactly the same shirt and pant.

https://www.steepandcheap.com/scott-...FsZToxOjI0Og==
    35.5 inseam on these.
    Pretty nice pants for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Hah! Yeah, good point, thanks. Jeez, it's like a mental block. Probably why I have a dresser full of different colors of exactly the same shirt and pant.
    I’m skinny, so typical L or XL shirts do not fit. They look pretty OK after a $20? visit to my dry cleaners.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by kingsalami View Post
    https://www.steepandcheap.com/scott-...FsZToxOjI0Og==
    35.5 inseam on these.
    Pretty nice pants for $100.
    That is a pretty killer deal reading the description. Weird how "cheap" the MSRP is on those too.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

6'8" tall, 35" waist, 40" inseam

Strafe Cham XL fits pretty good with waist Velcro adjustment all the way closed. Standing at rest, the cuffs are about 1" off the ground behind the heels and the gators are on the ground.

Just picked them up on sale from SaC, and I have to say, I am elated.

Does Westcomb still make their pants 5ft too long? Fuck that gear just ain't worth it except maybe if you're looking down on Shaq. Canadians must be disgustingly oversized. We never allow one near this county.

You needed a 30" waist and about 6ft to rock the small Revenants

bumping this for touring pants (Schoeller fabric)...what are you lengthy characters using?

my old cloudveil comprise purchase softshell pants are getting tiresome - i got the huge ass tailored but the waist is still voluminous. I'm an adult; I deserve to have something that actually fits.