Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I have the red/black hojis from 2? years ago, and to me they look/ski the same as my first gen versions

I just compared my old 2015 (blue and white mountain scene with yurt topsheet) 195 Hojis with this year’s 187 version with the falcon top sheet. The new ones seem to have more rocker. I’ve only got one inbounds day on the new ones, mounted on the line with shifts but they have really impressed so far. An amazingly light and nimble set up.
    Being grown-up sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the rocker profile on the 2019 Hoji is the same as the old Pilsner 2013 that I have? Looking for ski deals for a do-it-all ski with Shifts. I feel like my Hojis have a touch too much rocker for variable/firm snow... they have more rocker than my 2016 Renegades (black/green the last heavy ones).
    The general rocker is still the same (too much), but the tip profile is slightly lowered/less-upturned vs the original.

I have the Blue/White Heavy and Red/White Lighten Version both 187

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. If 4FRNT has any flash sales I'll probably go for a pair but if not may try something else with less rocker or a slightly stiffer tip... I do love the sidecut/radius on em though and 1900g is perfect weight for what I want.

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. If 4FRNT has any flash sales I'll probably go for a pair but if not may try something else with less rocker or a slightly stiffer tip... I do love the sidecut/radius on em though and 1900g is perfect weight for what I want.
    I really like the latest one (rocker concerns aside). It's funny that the elan skis are now the best in the lineup. They should have them build the Ren and Raven too!

4FRNT had a New Years Eve special where you could get any two of the Hoji, MSP 99, and Devastator for the price of one. Still kinda kicking myself I didn't take that up. Hopefully they'll still have some stock by end of season.

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    I really like the latest one (rocker concerns aside). It's funny that the elan skis are now the best in the lineup. They should have them build the Ren and Raven too!
    I am skiing them with Radical 1.0's and Maestrale RS 1.0's which I am sure are both contributing to poor performance on variable snow... Shifts and then next year getting Hawx or Zero G Pro Tour should improve skiability significantly.

If I had been on the ball I should've jumped on the 2 for 1 sale and sold the second pair of skis to bring the cost down, doh.

As much as I love OG hals construction rens. The Elan made skis have anyways been bomber. I would kill for some og 193 ehp, white grafic. Might be my favorite ski ever. Elan makes GREAT skis for other companies.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Inbounds day to make sure all the pieces stay put together and get the binding settings dialed in. Good fun on our January spring corn. I'm a sucker for any reverse camber design, but also I just really dig the construction on these skis.

Could you post a profile pic if you don’t mind ? That’d be great !

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    As much as I love OG hals construction rens. The Elan made skis have anyways been bomber. I would kill for some og 193 ehp, white grafic. Might be my favorite ski ever. Elan makes GREAT skis for other companies.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I`ll remember that when I need to order a hit on someone.
    Payment: 2009-193cm EHP used less that 10 times (my dad did not like them)

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    Could you post a profile pic if you don’t mind ? That’d be great !

Thanks. I thought the 2019 would be even more rockered than the previous ones judging by the specs but it looks similar to the previous years ?

There looks to be a decent amount more rocker in the tip than each my 2014s and 2018s, but tough to tell w/o them being next to one another.

I can't imagine the new elan ones are different than the last two years, but the light (red/white) have lower tips and I think a tiny bit less rocker than the heavy (blue/weight/2015) ones.

I think the light version the better of the two skis. I've been skiing a lot lately, on the light hojis, and I really love these skis. I want to get one more pair so I can have:
    Heavy w/ Alpine
    Light w/Shifts
    Light w/ Ultralight tech bindings.

I know the Ravens are a lighter, but the Hoji is just so versatile and easy to ski. I've been testing the TLT8 using the hoji exclusively and it plays pretty nice with that light and softer boot. But also slays with a Lupo Carbon.

I can't imagine the new elan ones are different than the last two years, but the light (red/white) have lower tips and I think a tiny bit less rocker than the heavy (blue/weight/2015) ones.

I think the light version the better of the two skis. I've been skiing a lot lately, on the light hojis, and I really love these skis. I want to get one more pair so I can have:
    Heavy w/ Alpine
    Light w/Shifts
    Light w/ Ultralight tech bindings.

I know the Ravens are a lighter, but the Hoji is just so versatile and easy to ski. I've been testing the TLT8 using the hoji exclusively and it plays pretty nice with that light and softer boot. But also slays with a Lupo Carbon.
    If I squint hard enough looking at my blue/heavy pair I’d agree the rocker is just a touch less in that profile shot. But mine have more days on them.

I’m trying to fill out that same hoji quiver, only replace the light/Shift pair with rens. Could do 99% of my skiing happily on hojis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay2OVK.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	267945

2014 heavy "white boat" vs 2019
    The rocker looks a bit "steeper" on the very end of the tip on the 2014 (not sure what the appropriate word in english is).

Question : Anyone know if there is a real difference in terms of skiing between the heavy non vibeveil 4frnt and the heavy vibeveil ?
    Last edited by stuntmanbo; 02-03-2019 at 02:16 AM.

OK, so I bought the White-Blue Ravens, absolutely fell in love with them. The reverse camber sidecut matching is extremely addicting. I'm picking them up over all of my other skis (BG, 9d8, Jeffrey 110) for the resort, and I really need to stop doing that since I'm running dynafit FTs on them, and the resort powder performance is not quite there, I'd like to keep them for touring only.

I have access to a White Red Hoji and White Green Renegade. Renegade is cheaper than the Hoji. I ski resort in the rockies/revy. Which one do I get? I read all the other topics, and really couldn't come up with a consensus. I see people riding both Hoji and Renegades in the resorts around here.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    OK, so I bought the White-Blue Ravens, absolutely fell in love with them. The reverse camber sidecut matching is extremely addicting. I'm picking them up over all of my other skis (BG, 9d8, Jeffrey 110) for the resort, and I really need to stop doing that since I'm running dynafit FTs on them, and the resort powder performance is not quite there, I'd like to keep them for touring only.

I have access to a White Red Hoji and White Green Renegade. Renegade is cheaper than the Hoji. I ski resort in the rockies/revy. Which one do I get? I read all the other topics, and really couldn't come up with a consensus. I see people riding both Hoji and Renegades in the resorts around here.

Thanks!
    I feel hoji is more versatile all mtn. But when it’s deep ten for the win. Why not get both?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Thanks!
    Hoji is more versatile, and Renegades can work as a two-ski-quiver with Ravens. They're more work on the legs to ski, but more chargey also. I'd say Hoji's float better in low-angle pow and just more fun in that stuff, and can still charge pretty damn well. Both are awesome.

What size White/green Rens do you have access to? 'cuz if they're 196 and you don't want them, then pass it along. I could use a backup pair for sledkskiing.

Thanks for the tips guys. I wish I could get both, but the offering price for the Hojis are a little costly, going to grab the Rens. Judo Chop!, if I get them and i don't like em I'll PM you.

Thanks for the tips guys. I wish I could get both, but the offering price for the Hojis are a little costly, going to grab the Rens. Judo Chop!, if I get them and i don't like em I'll PM you.
    🤙

Just grabbed some 16/17 Hojis, they are used but putting them up next to my old Pilsner hoji's (that have been absolutely beat to death) there is about 1.5" more space between tips on the newer hoji's then my old ones, seems like a fair bit more rocker, the tips also hand flex softer then my older hoji's. Personally find the Pilsner Hoji's ski like a dream for myself on all surfaces so it will be interesting to see how these new ones shape up.

I have a bunch of days on my 2020 Hojis now (187cm, mounted with Shifts at rec line) and am pretty damn impressed. As I said earlier in this thread, I had the Pilsner Hojis with Radical ST 1.0's for touring previously (complimented by black/blue Renegades with Guardians and Cochise with STH916)... The Shifts have made a night & day improvement in how the Hojis ski, feels like an alpine binding on the downs, and the combined lighter weight of the newer Hojis/Shifts is pretty sweet. They are OK in chop/variable, definitely not as stout as my old Renegade/Guardian setup, but in pow they are ninja weapons. Skied very deep snow on Whistler this weekend and they felt as agile as the Renegades, just not as powerful.

Very happy with them as a single do-it-all setup with Atomic Hawx XTD 130 boots.

I have a bunch of days on my 2020 Hojis now (187cm, mounted with Shifts at rec line) and am pretty damn impressed. As I said earlier in this thread, I had the Pilsner Hojis with Radical ST 1.0's for touring previously (complimented by black/blue Renegades with Guardians and Cochise with STH916)... The Shifts have made a night & day improvement in how the Hojis ski, feels like an alpine binding on the downs, and the combined lighter weight of the newer Hojis/Shifts is pretty sweet. They are OK in chop/variable, definitely not as stout as my old Renegade/Guardian setup, but in pow they are ninja weapons. Skied very deep snow on Whistler this weekend and they felt as agile as the Renegades, just not as powerful.

Very happy with them as a single do-it-all setup with Atomic Hawx XTD 130 boots.
    Exact same sentiments as you on the Hojis, I have the White-Red 195cm with shifts mounted at +0.5 and skied with XTDs and they ski great. I use them for both touring and resort, and they handle everything well except the variable/chop which my old BG ate for breakfast (may be more attributed to the stock XTD liner which is packed out and garbage - Intuition Pro Wraps incoming). As much as I loved the BG, I can't get over the reflectech and can't see myself using another shape.

Thinking of grabbing a used renegade/devastator for when I'm feeling a little more chargy at the resort and handle that chop.