Is Scott killing Life-Link?

For those old war horses out there, Life-link was a key company with a number of great products.

In particular, their carbon poles were everywhere.

Now, you can't buy them.

Scott bought the company and it sitting on the brand.

What gives?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yes. Not sure what the Japanese will use as a replacement, Scott maybe.

I like the life-link poles and my stash is dwindling, so gaddammit, Scott, leverage the brand.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I actually never heard about Life Link before. Certainly not something that has ever been common over here in our part of the world.

What exactly is so good about them?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    What exactly is so good about them?
    Swing weight and feel. My info was that (of late) the Japanese market was where they sold the most (life-link) poles.

There might be some carbon pro poles in a warehouse somewhere. Not sure if they have any other models floating around. Backpacks shovels probes and the like are to be phased out. No clue on time frame.

Not sure what I'll do when they're gone. Stock up and hoard possibly.

Check TheClymb.com, have just received my Freeski composite poles for 39$, look really nice.

Thread jack - obviously a few seasoned abusers here - best two piece adjustable pole?

I tried a few and everything has sucked so far. Cheaper ones are heavy and/or poorly balanced and don't stay locked. Throw money at the problem and swing weight improves but, the locks don't hold. Even tried the Leki setup and couldn't get happy.

Not a fan of BD. How about K2 or Komperdell? I haven't been close enough to fondle them yet.

Whatever the consensus, it will be my next move.

I have a few Lifelink pole parts I may be able to share with Buster if you need some. I went away from Lifelink because they kept sliding and it was too hard to cinch them tight enough without them being stuck when you wanted to loosen them. That gritty area on the pole just really wasn't enough to grab with wet gloves etc.
    I like BD, not sure why you wouldn't, but K2's clamp is basically a copy of BD's, only it's metal, and it works really well. If you want to go really light Dynafit's carbon with their clamping system is pretty cool. Kinda flexy, though.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I.
    I like BD, not sure why you wouldn't.
    Things are nearly indestructible. 12 or 13 years on one pair.. I will probably now snap one skiing tmw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I've had good luck with Black Diamond, Leki, and the new Salomon poles - my Life Links always slipped.

Did the touchy feely with low end BD adjustable a few times and skied a half a lap with a set. Swing weight was too center balanced and they felt heavy.

I have snapped 2 carbon fiber sets with a little effort. Not as bad as busting a binding, but still suckage. The bowing effect is less than desirable too. Plus, the effort not to nick them so you don't create a start point of failure has steered me away from composites. I will admit that most of the carbon fiber poles I have played with have nice swing weights and that and low profile's are what got me into a set in the first place.

The Komperdell Freeride looks to be a cheap tool for deeper days:
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/kom...colorFamily=99

Would help reduce the temptation to leave the strap on in the wrong places. Would it suck the rest of the time? Probably not lite either?

Have been looking at the K2 Lockjaw for a few years. They took the inclinometer off for 15/16 - bummer.
    http://en-us.k2skis.com/ski-poles/po...aw?swatch=blue
    Always thought it would be cool to see if what you think you see is what it really is without having to stop and would help fine tune prospective.

Ramblings of an EC Mag with no snow.

Anyone with real snow and a couch for Jan 4-7ish and don't have to go to work, just pm me

From the Parched Coast