Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pipe masters

Bummer for Mick. That is tough. damn.

That was a sick heat though! Pretty crazy that this was on TV last night...some CBS channel I think it was. I was traveling yesterday, so missed the live streaming early.

No disrespect to Mick, but Slater should have won that heat no question. Not that it really would have mattered as they both would have easily handled the round 5 heat. Amazing heat though. Hooting and hollering at the computer!

wow

Yeah, I was definitely scratching my head on scoring that Slater ride. So late, so deep, good barrel, length etc... lame score. Oh well.like you said.

Conditions today
    Last edited by TomCrac; 12-17-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Fanning just had a real nice ride to open his heat. 7.33? It was nice but a 7.33?

Do the judges score like they do in figure skating where they "reserve" the higher scores for the higher ranking contestants? (Which I think is bullshit by the way).

That was a buzz kill. Wave machine turned off.

Yesterday was all time. Watching today is a major let down. No waves. Congrats to Adriano. Amazing the hate online for that guy.

Dude came from complete poverty and nothing and worked his ass off and won. Kind of blows my mind how much disrespect is out there. Congrats.

Yeah, I wish they would've run the needed 7 heats on Tuesday afternoon and finished up yesterday. The outcome might have been a bit different.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Bump.

I know this is Pipe Pro, and not Pipe Masters, but holy shit. Finals day went off. Jamie Obrien with a perfect ten in the finals and doesn't even win? Unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

Missed the live stream because it was concurrent with the Super Bowl. Finals start at around 6:15 or so, but tons of good surfing all day in perfect pipe.