Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: dumb criminals

dumb criminals

probably seemed like a good idea to hide in the lagoon until.....

Florida burglary suspect killed by alligator while fleeing from police
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015/...7451449588188/

BAREFOOT BAY , Fla., Dec. 8 (UPI) -- A man on the run from police after allegedly burglarizing multiple homes in Barefoot Bay, Fla., was found dead of an apparent alligator attack, police said.

Authorities discovered the body of 22-year-old Matthew Riggins on Nov. 23, 10 days after he told his girlfriend he and an accomplice were planning to burglarize homes in Brevard County. The two suspects were last seen running from police to a wooded area. Riggins' girlfriend reported him missing the following day.
    Officials identified Riggins' remains Monday.
    Dive teams recovering the body encountered the aggressive alligator suspected of killing Riggins. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission caught and euthanized the animal.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission caught and euthanized the animal.[/I]
    Seems a little extreme
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Seems a little extreme
    exactly. that gator should get $100 from crimestoppers

Although our cultural heritage is filled with glorification of commom criminals since Jesse James, (more of a reaction against the elite rich) if you talk to any cop on the beat, let alone any higher up who studies this stuff, they will tell you that, in general, criminals are generally, dumbass.

I tend to think of them as generally of lower intelligence too, except for the few glorified for somewhat more noble reasons as you mentioned - jesse james, robin hood, william tell etc

I remember reading about another hilarious instance of dumb criminals that always makes me laugh to think about-
    Robber goes into convenience store and pulls a gun/demands money from the cashier
    While the cashier is pulling out the money they're talking to the robber and tells them about a 4 wheeler give-away and says they should sign up
    Robber fills out raffle form complete with name address etc and throws it in the box
    leaves with money
    apprehended at home later
    still cracks me up

Alligators- taking a bite out of crime.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Alligators- taking a bite out of crime.
    Da dum tss
    skid luxury

All Kidding aside- a pretty good joke tho
    skid luxury

This makes an interesting addition to the "florida man..." archives. 11 footer that got testy with the cadaver divers. Found part of florida man inside the gator. Truth stranger than fiction, seems like a Scary Movie subplot.

As a Florida resident for the last 16 years I can tell you that every time I read one of these articles, I am thinking ,"Not Florida, Not Florida, Not... Dammit".
    It really is a nice place to live, as long as you aren't in Miami or Orlando. The only explanation I have is that crazy people and dumb criminals like the sun too.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    As a Florida resident for the last 16 years I can tell you that every time I read one of these articles, I am thinking ,"Not Florida, Not Florida, Not... Dammit".
    It really is a nice place to live, as long as you aren't in Miami or Orlando. The only explanation I have is that crazy people and dumb criminals like the sun too.
    They're not always in florida
    Sometimes they are in s carolina or louisiana
    skid luxury

Once drove straight through from Maine to Florida for a dive trip. Arrived around 2 am, tried to sleep, but the thrashing in the swamp made it hard.

Sometimes nature gets it right.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Easier to follow here: https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan

Pure Gold

Always enjoyed those worlds dumbest criminal shows.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Easier to follow here: https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan
    That, and a good collection of Russian dash cam videos, and my entertainment for the evening is set.

Alligator lives matter

Security Camera Catches Prowling Suspect Licking Doorbell For 3 Hours

A family in Salinas, California, might be ready to deliver a tongue-lashing to the prowler their security camera caught licking their doorbell ― for three hours.

Sylvia Dungan told local station KION-TV over the weekend the security system alerted the family to strange movement in the early morning.

“I thought, boy there’s a lot of traffic. I go, 5 in the morning? My son doesn’t get home till 6 a.m. Well then who the heck is that?” Dungan said.

She was even more shocked when she watched the video: Hours of a male trespasser licking the doorbell.

“I thought, ‘Oh boy, that is just weird,’” Dungan told CBS Sacrament

The tongue-wagging trespasser didn’t stop there. Police said he also was caught on video appearing to urinate on the front lawn, according to KION.

Police said the suspect, Roberto Daniel Arroyo, 33, could face misdemeanor charges for petty theft and prowling, according to CBS Sacramento. As of Tuesday afternoon, he remained at large.

Dungan said there was no physical damage to her home, but her family spent the rest of the weekend sanitizing their doorbells, according to the station.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I say, I say, there's something wrong with that boy.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

So this month some idiot chased a lady in to a karate dojo while trying to rob her. The idiot left on a stretcher. Some other idiot tried to rob some lady MMA competitor (in Brazil maybe?). That didn't go well for him either..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So this month some idiot chased a lady in to a karate dojo while trying to rob her. The idiot left on a stretcher. Some other idiot tried to rob some lady MMA competitor (in Brazil maybe?). That didn't go well for him either..
    UFC Fighter Polyana Viana Beats Up Alleged Robber, Shows Him Who’s Boss

Name:  Idiot.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  80.6 KB

I've always loved the story about the idiot that broke into LL Cool J's house and got the shit beat out of it by the man himself.

Don't Break Into LL Cool J's House: A Cautionary Tale
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I've always loved the story about the idiot that broke into LL Cool J's house and got the shit beat out of it by the man himself.

Don't Break Into LL Cool J's House: A Cautionary Tale
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point