Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I play in the same trees on the 193. I'm 1-1.5" ahead of the line.

just look at the camber profile on the ski, it should not be difficult to turn.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    I play in the same trees on the 193. I'm 1-1.5" ahead of the line.

just look at the camber profile on the ski, it should not be difficult to turn.
    I hear ya...just think it is worth pointing our that a 191 Shogun and 192/3 Cochise are very different machines.

The OP should buy those Spurs that were floating around for $300 last week and keep the Shoguns...but that's just the gear hoarder in my talking.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

agreed on all points. just tryin make sure the dude isn't scared of the size as he is bigger than I am, and I ain't no pro!

I know they will be different than the shoguns obviously I think thats part of what attract me to them. Stable, low profile, fun. I'm just bored of the shoguns I think. They are super fun and I can take them anywhere, but long for something "new" and no the size does not scare me at 193, but I know that will mean more work when skiing. I'm worried the 185 is too short and it appears I'm likely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I know they will be different than the shoguns obviously I think thats part of what attract me to them. Stable, low profile, fun. I'm just bored of the shoguns I think. They are super fun and I can take them anywhere, but long for something "new" and no the size does not scare me at 193, but I know that will mean more work when skiing. I'm worried the 185 is too short and it appears I'm likely right.
    If you are bored of the Shoguns then you'll probably be fine. My 185's so feel short times, too. I would probably be on the longer length if I still lived in UT.

Been skiing the 190 Q-Lab recently which bridges the gap between 185 & 192 while adding a slightly different flavor of performance charger.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    If you are bored of the Shoguns then you'll probably be fine. My 185's so feel short times, too. I would probably be on the longer length if I still lived in UT.

Been skiing the 190 Q-Lab recently which bridges the gap between 185 & 192 while adding a slightly different flavor of performance charger.
    Love the q lab and liked the quest 115 and the rocker2 122 most are just a bit out of the price range.

to me Alta is a ton of bumps and tight tree runs......compared the BIrd.

I am 5'10 190 and thought the 185 was enough ski most of the time skiing out there. The 193 was a different level of charger though and for pointing it off gnar and going fast the bigger ski worked better, but also was tiring be out on days when just smashing over the top of the bumps with GS turns was just not feasible. The 185 also felt short in powder. I ultimidly got rid of it because its lack of hardpack hook up hampered its use in Stowe quite a bit.

The new gen with carbon Tip and Tail is a better ski. More grip on hardpack while be surfier in powder, and not getting deflected in crud.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    to me Alta is a ton of bumps and tight tree runs......compared the BIrd.

I am 5'10 190 and thought the 185 was enough ski most of the time skiing out there. The 193 was a different level of charger though and for pointing it off gnar and going fast the bigger ski worked better, but also was tiring be out on days when just smashing over the top of the bumps with GS turns was just not feasible. The 185 also felt short in powder. I ultimidly got rid of it because its lack of hardpack hook up hampered its use in Stowe quite a bit.

The new gen with carbon Tip and Tail is a better ski. More grip on hardpack while be surfier in powder, and not getting deflected in crud.
    If I was primarily skiing bird 193 would be a no brainer. I agree with your assessment of alta. Though not quite as bumpy as Stowe ha. Now you're making me second guess myself. Was kinda leaning towards that pair of 188 q115. Decisions decisions.

Thanks for the more alta specific review. The 5 extra inches of height I have over you still scare me a bit. I just fear the 185 just won't perform in pow well. Kinda slipped back to the 1 ski quiver. I know I could make the cochise ski pow, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    If I was primarily skiing bird 193 would be a no brainer. I agree with your assessment of alta. Though not quite as bumpy as Stowe ha. Now you're making me second guess myself. Was kinda leaning towards that pair of 188 q115. Decisions decisions.

Thanks for the more alta specific review. The 5 extra inches of height I have over you still scare me a bit. I just fear the 185 just won't perform in pow well. Kinda slipped back to the 1 ski quiver. I know I could make the cochise ski pow, but....
    the thing is the new 192 is actually easier to ski, with out giving up anything in crud busting assuming your tail follow the tips mostly. The old one to me, felt like a directional lunch traycould it hook up? sure! could it do it easily heck no.

If snowbird is 9 on the openess scale, alta is 7 and stowe is like 4...... :P Here most off piste skiing is tight woods with light amount of dense powder and bumps. the new 185 Cochise is fun here, but the old one was meh and ill buy another charger if I find myself at the bird for the spring again. Here give me soft tail and lots of rocker.