Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1208

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I bought a Walmart brand one last year - not where I'd usually looks for outdoor gear but it was available when I needed it. Mine seems to be the older version of the one I linked - they look identical but this one seems to have a brighter LED and larger battery. I like it - it has plenty of output options, battery life is great, easy to recharge, comfy strap. Has surpassed my expectations for sure.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...lamp/517266765
    Walmart said they had them in aisle I-16. Nope. Got an Energizer 300 Lumens. Will order the OT. Cause she needs 400 Lumens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Hey! That’s on my Christmas list . These are nice products. My buddy has one and I’ve Checked it out on a few trips.

That NU 25 can also be bought at lightsmith with the shock cord mod already done.

If she doesn’t need the red mode, the NU 20 is a few bucks less, same lumens.

Check out their line it’s good stuff. The NU is probably not enough for biking but hiking yes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ordered an NU20.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I've added a few light but cheap/forgettable spares from Sierra when I need to hit a minimum for shipping. They usually seem to have a few options, though of course I can't speak to any of the ones I see there now:

https://www.sierra.com/flashlights-and-headlamps~d~92/
    Tikka II ordered, might be late. It was cheap.

Wow, congrats Mustonen!

And Riser3, are you pre-populating every cubby hole in the place with a headlamp or do they go under the tree?

Wow, congrats Mustonen!

And Riser3, are you pre-populating every cubby hole in the place with a headlamp or do they go under the tree?
    Tree. Individually wrapped. Each one from a different family member. And the cat and dog too

Ask KQ Claus

Wow, congrats Mustonen!

Well, she could say no. Congrats are premature. Though I don’t truly anticipate a problem. But a sincere thank you, all the same.

In either event, as a gesture of inclusion I confided in her 22 year old daughter (who almost certainly feels on the outside as her mom has shacked up with me and my 3 kids shortly after she moved out), so I’m locked in now.

A random person on the internet bears an alarming amount of responsibility for all of this. Not that KQ is truly random….
    focus.

Considering all of your posts in the Tammy Wynette thread, congrats or condolences are definitely in order!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Congrats Mustonen

On the personal front, I FINALLY acquired a Christmas present that Ms TBS likes. This is like the first time in 15 years. I gave up a for several years - a jewelry maker who manages a day spa and isn’t into outdoor sports can be fucking tough to shop for. Buying clothes usually means returns/disappointment.

Anyway, this year is a success. Got her a floor length Woolrich blanket coat in a Navajo pattern. Made in 1990s. Silver buttons and all. It will take some alteration but Ms SewItAll in our village can handle this no problem.

She loves it with her cowgirl boots and Stetson

Yay me!

Bump- I know this was and usually is a Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate (Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Festivus), but KQ or anyone have High School Graduation present ideas? Gift Certificate to Amazon is all I can really think of or just give some cash??

Son of a good friend, lots of interests including his Miata that he purchased during High School. I personally have not heard of his next plans and if any plans for College or he could be the type to give a trade school or even Culinary training a go.

Cash is always appropriate for graduation. Especially if you aren’t ultra close

Get him an instax camera with a bunch of instant film and a sharpie to share. Get him off the phone.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Prepaid gas cards for that Miata.

Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Rolex
    Yes right you are so up on the new generation, every single high school kid today wears a watch...

Lot's of young people wear watches. Just not to tell time. And to be fair, not many wear Rolex. Mostly Patek Philippe.

I know it's early but this is something you need by the beginning of December and I just came across it. Looks like fun if you're a little kid. Better than the ones with only pics or stale chocolate.

Lego Advent Calenders

Name:  lego.png
Views: 314
Size:  577.6 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

You just reminded me of my favorite xmas movie.

Bad Santa?
    focus.

You just reminded me of my favorite xmas movie.
    Nat'l Lampoon Christmas?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I know it's early but this is something you need by the beginning of December and I just came across it. Looks like fun if you're a little kid. Better than the ones with only pics or stale chocolate.

Lego Advent Calenders

Name:  lego.png
Views: 314
Size:  577.6 KB
    Nice. Just ordered one for the grandies. Thx KQ Claus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Bad Santa?
    Of course. (Yeah, I'm going to hell. I know.)

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Nice. Just ordered one for the grandies. Thx KQ Claus!
    Shit. You just made me realize I now have one more person I have to think of a present for. He'll only be 7 months so I guess I get a pass this year, but I'll be back in this thread next year for sure.

Not an Xmas gift but for the last 2 weddings I just went to the liqour store and filled a box with a doz assorted bottles of wine from NZ and they seemed pretty happy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Shit. You just made me realize I now have one more person I have to think of a present for. He'll only be 7 months so I guess I get a pass this year, but I'll be back in this thread next year for sure.
    Careful now, that’s grandma’s job. Once you set an expectation you’re stuck with delivering on increasingly greater expectations or disappointment.

I never knew a grandfather who gave a shit but all of them came out of it smelling like roses.
    focus.

Lego advent was so fun for the kids when they were young. Solid choice.