Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1208

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

You guys are such a great resource. A regular bunch of Kirs Kringles.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    You guys are such a great resource. A regular bunch of Kirs Kringles.
    Regular bunch is correct. Of what, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I've added a few light but cheap/forgettable spares from Sierra when I need to hit a minimum for shipping. They usually seem to have a few options, though of course I can't speak to any of the ones I see there now:

https://www.sierra.com/flashlights-and-headlamps~d~92/
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    I like these- rechargeable, super light (1 oz), very bright, and super simple- one button for white, one for red.

https://www.nitecorestore.com/Niteco...-nite-nu25.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Petzl makes some decent ones (such as the Tikka) that take AAA batteries, or their own rechargeable. Or if you want particularly lightweight, they make one with a built in rechargeable, reasonably bright, that’s just a shade over 1 oz.

You may consider those a bit pricey. I bought a BD rechargeable for cheap a while back from Sierra, that's just a bit too heavy to be preferred for backpacking, but it's never run out of juice on camping trips. If you watch for deals (not during Xmas season), it's hard to go wrong on respectable brand LED products these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I bought a Walmart brand one last year - not where I'd usually looks for outdoor gear but it was available when I needed it. Mine seems to be the older version of the one I linked - they look identical but this one seems to have a brighter LED and larger battery. I like it - it has plenty of output options, battery life is great, easy to recharge, comfy strap. Has surpassed my expectations for sure.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...lamp/517266765
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Hey! That’s on my Christmas list . These are nice products. My buddy has one and I’ve Checked it out on a few trips.

That NU 25 can also be bought at lightsmith with the shock cord mod already done.

If she doesn’t need the red mode, the NU 20 is a few bucks less, same lumens.

Check out their line it’s good stuff. The NU is probably not enough for biking but hiking yes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks guys. This helps. I'm not sure I want anymore lost and never found Petzl. In the beginning I bought some nice lights. They are pretty much disposable around here. This possibly belongs in the I love my wife thread. Its at the point where it's endearing and gives me a chuckle, which is good place to arrive at. As long as I don't laugh when she is on a tear trying to find a light.

There are definitely cheap ones if you want to just stick one in every glove box and misc drawer. Just not any particularly cheap rechargeables, and if you're going for the bright ones, the non-rechargeables aren't going to end up being cheap.

Recommendations on a wine rack?

Not so much fancy but sturdy. 36+ bottle capacity. We have two spaces in the house where my wife keeps a decent stash of mostly Pinots and Chards. Since the Pinot bottles tend to big a bit larger I want to take that into consideration too. Admittedly I’m a wine rookie so I’m out of my comfort zone. What would you get for your loving and supportive wife?

Any ideas for a theater geek senior in high school? So far a hoodie with Eat.Sleep.Musicals.Repeat on the front and some tickets to Traveling cast Hamilton next May are what we've come up with. What else to the thespians go for?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Any ideas for a theater geek senior in high school? So far a hoodie with Eat.Sleep.Musicals.Repeat on the front and some tickets to Traveling cast Hamilton next May are what we've come up with. What else to the thespians go for?
    He just likes it or wants to be on stage himself?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Ok KQ, my ten year anniversary is coming up and I am totally stumped. Google says traditionally it’s been aluminum/tin for ten years but I don’t really have ideas what could fit that

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Ok KQ, my ten year anniversary is coming up and I am totally stumped. Google says traditionally it’s been aluminum/tin for ten years but I don’t really have ideas what could fit that
    If she's already got skis with metal in them that gets tough. These are dark days for lovers of aluminum bike frames. I don't want to say she needs a new crank at the 10 year mark, but that might be what you're up against.

Or whatever KQ says. That might be better.

He just likes it or wants to be on stage himself?
    Both. Listens to show tunes on iTunes.. doing all the theater events, plays at school and working tech team for other groups like orchestra. They had showed interest in the past but went all in this senior year. Always going to school early or staying after to participate in this stuff..

EDIT. Looking at opera glasses.. Maybe?
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 12-09-2021 at 10:40 AM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Well... what do you guys do for fun?

Has she been going Covid crazy? Maybe a trip planned for next year so she has something to look forward to next spring/summer or maybe a ski trip for this winter.

Is there something she's always wanted to learn? Would you be willing to sign up for it with her?

What does she like to do to relax?

Has she maybe dropped a hint that you've heard in passing?

Does she have any GFs you can ask in confidence?

There are all kinds of milestone pieces of jewlery or art you could get. Have you guys had a formal portrait done lately? Might be a good time for that - snapshot in time so-to-speak.

Maybe just a romantic evening where you can arrange to have your first dance song played and you ask her dance (this could be done at home - little things can mean a lot).

Thanks. Yeah, it gets hard cause we are DINKs and just buy what we want and travel whenever we can, so stuff like that doesn’t really end up working for gifts.

Her birthday and Christmas are also within a week of our anniversary which means 3x the gifts.

We aren’t usually very like romantic or anything like that, but this seems like a good opportunity to do something more along those lines.

She has an old bathrobe that she loves and I would love to find a replacement. Any ideas where to find a really nice cozy one?

Quick FYI- the Pendelton fleece throws mentioned last year are back at Costco, this time with a handful of colorways. Best $30 blanket I’ve ever gotten. We love ours enough that we bought a second.

Thanks. Yeah, it gets hard cause we are DINKs and just buy what we want and travel whenever we can, so stuff like that doesn’t really end up working for gifts.

Her birthday and Christmas are also within a week of our anniversary which means 3x the gifts.

We aren’t usually very like romantic or anything like that, but this seems like a good opportunity to do something more along those lines.

She has an old bathrobe that she loves and I would love to find a replacement. Any ideas where to find a really nice cozy one?
    2 things:

Matching tattoos?

and

Bathrobes are deeply personal, or so it seems to me. People like what they like about their favorite old robe. Before you run off and buy just any snuggly robe take a look at hers - are there front pockets or slash? Does it have a hood? Does it tie or zip? Get me so info and I'm happy to find some potential candidates for you.

Hers is very fuzzy, but not like the sticky fuzzy stuff if that makes any sense. That’s the fabric that she wants. No hood.

Hers is very fuzzy, but not like the sticky fuzzy stuff if that makes any sense. That’s the fabric that she wants. No hood.
    So plush polar fleece or terry?

Pockets? Closure?

So plush polar fleece or terry?

Pockets? Closure?
    Ask me about GoreTex and I have answers but this is what it looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6238.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	396003

Otherwise just regular tie closure and a pocket in the front. She’s said over the years that she hasn’t been able to find something that’s this same fabric and that’s all she really cares about.

Clearly I’m out of my depth here

Clearly I’m out of my depth here
    I just recently learned that not everything fluffy and synthetic counts as fleece. We were walking down an aisle full of blankets trying to find a suitable -not fleece fabric.

I found this one that looks pretty good. Went ahead and ordered it since free shipping and returns. Hopefully the fabric is nice.

https://www.brooklinen.com/products/super-plush-robe

I found this one that looks pretty good. Went ahead and ordered it since free shipping and returns. Hopefully the fabric is nice.

https://www.brooklinen.com/products/super-plush-robe
    Sorry.... I was out mailing christmas cards and buying wrapping paper.

That one looks great! I'm sure she will love it.

No worries! Thanks again for the inspiration to keep thinking about it as always!

Love this!

Name:  MPClock.png
Views: 235
Size:  338.7 KB

Aluminum?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

KQ, I have a 75 yo aunt that I exchange gifts with every year. She likes cooking, wine and bourbon. We just exchange a small gift at our annual xmas eve dinner. Like $30 or less. I've done kitchen items, wine and whiskey. But I'm stumped this year. Any ideas?

More whiskey, ldo.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy