Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Why’s that?
    There’s a hundred page thread on espresso machines already. Lots of great info led me to the Crossland, found on ebay for less than 600 bux, and it’s great

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Cause there is already a ginormous thread in Padded Room that answers every question that could be asked about espresso machines ?

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ask KQ Claus

Quote Originally Posted by ms ann thrope View Post
    There’s a hundred page thread on espresso machines already. Lots of great info led me to the Crossland, found on ebay for less than 600 bux, and it’s great

Ha. Of course there is.

KQ is like 3 for 3 in helping me find gifts so I trust her implicitly.

Yeah.. aware of the thread but it is YUGE and it seemed like he wanted a quick answer. Sometimes short cuts are nice, no?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Ask KQ Claus

Come on, this is TGR. We don’t take shortcuts, we beat every single issue into dust.

Example: the espresso machine thread...

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Cause there is already a ginormous thread in Padded Room that answers every question that could be asked about espresso machines ?

How about this one--best under $500 espresso machine that's no taller than 12 inches? I thought so.

throwing some stuff out there for you all - things I've come across. I really like these stonewear mugs by Creative Structures. They come in 12 and 16oz sizes with lots of motifs. I'm getting an owl one for a friend but just came across this border themed mug (note - it is one mug they are just showing you the front and back design):

One (1) MARA STONEWARE COLLECTION - 16 Ounce Coffee or Tea Cup Collectible Dinner Mug - Snowboarders Design

Mountains;

Sun Moon:

Hearts:

VW Bus (love this one):

Fishing:

Moose:

seems like they've got a mug for just about anything. Saw surfing too and many, many animals, SW art and zodiac
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Dear KQ, I found the perfect gift, I just don't know whom to give it to. Please help. https://www.amazon.com/People-Walmar...DMQYBN5CAS5D6C

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Dear KQ, I found the perfect gift, I just don't know whom to give it to. Please help. https://www.amazon.com/People-Walmar...DMQYBN5CAS5D6C
    OMG that is awesome! Are you going to any holiday parties where you need to bring a white elephant gift?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    throwing some stuff out there for you all - things I've come across. I really like these stonewear mugs by Creative Structures.
    KQ,

Shout out to Delawareans! You might dig some of the stuff from here:

https://www.romanickpottery.com/home-page.html

(They've made stuff for the annual Dogfish Head ceramic growler release.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Growler1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	304527

Name:	Growler2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	304528

Name:	Growler3.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	304529
    Name:  stein.png
Views: 444
Size:  194.9 KB
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Ask KQ Claus

As a self proclaimed KQ Claus’ little helper, may I suggest this little gem?
    Gifted two so far and they both loved it.

STEAMERY - Pilo Fabric Shaver/Lint Remover

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PSNN9X1..._uW-5DbEAZWPFM

https://steamery.us/?gclid=EAIaIQobC...SAAEgJj5vD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    As a self proclaimed KQ Claus’ little helper, may I suggest this little gem?
    Gifted two so far and they both loved it.

STEAMERY - Pilo Fabric Shaver/Lint Remover

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PSNN9X1..._uW-5DbEAZWPFM

https://steamery.us/?gclid=EAIaIQobC...SAAEgJj5vD_BwE
    Interesting!

Thinking of getting my girlfriend a Peloton exercise bike. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    TR please.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    Make sure to get her a new phone with a good front facing camera and an iMovie for Dummies book.

Hey KQ, I need a necklace holder/display/organizer thing that will allow my wife’s dozens of necklaces to be accessible rather than tangled in a mess at the bottom of a jewelry box. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Hey KQ, I need a necklace holder/display/organizer thing that will allow my wife’s dozens of necklaces to be accessible rather than tangled in a mess at the bottom of a jewelry box. Any ideas?
    what do you think would work best - something that sits on the counter/dresser like this:

or something to hang on the wall:

tht
    Also, there are a ton of options from elegant to rustic plus easy ones to make yourself. That second pic is from Pottery Barn.

Edit add: Should have mentioned you could go whole hog and get a free standing jewelry box:

Last edited by KQ; 12-07-2019 at 12:18 PM.

15 days people.

Been pretty quiet this year. Everyone ready?

My old lady has been hinting at wanting a juicer. My main concern is that this is a phase, and in a few months it'll be just another kitchen appliance taking up space. Thoughts?

The other concern...I'm all out of ideas. We're both early 30s, love skiing/climbing/fly fishing. She loves to knit, but she part-times at a yarn shop and has access to all that. Our budget is small (less than $60). Haaaaalp!

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    My old lady has been hinting at wanting a juicer. My main concern is that this is a phase, and in a few months it'll be just another kitchen appliance taking up space. Thoughts?

The other concern...I'm all out of ideas. We're both early 30s, love skiing/climbing/fly fishing. She loves to knit, but she part-times at a yarn shop and has access to all that. Our budget is small (less than $60). Haaaaalp!
    I'm going to give this some thought but off the top of my head since you like outdoor activities check out Eddie Bauer. They have some killer deals on fleece and what not and then there is always the sleep cardigan (several styles to choose from) that I have and love and several other's on the board have given with success.

Also those mugs up page are nice if she's into that sort of thing. I have a friend who loves his coffee but I think loves unique mugs even more. I really love those hearts - could be a neat gift you you both got them as a symbol of your love and hearts entwined.

Finally check out Novica - they have some neat stuff that is made by artisans from around the world.

I'm going to add this because I love it every time I see it pop up on my FB feed. From Novica:

Indonesian Rainbow Glass and Driftwood Windchime, "Rainbow Dreams" $40

Details
    Working near Singaraja, in the mountainous northern region of Bali, local artisans collect naturally fallen branches and glean wood from the local coffee plantations to fashion these delicate, colorful wind chimes. Once the reclaimed wood--teak and coffee--is gathered, each piece is sorted by size and color before being hand-shaped and strung with pieces of cut glass. Dazzling in the sunlight, the resulting rainbow chime is a gorgeous example of nature-inspired design. Each piece will vary slightly, due to the natural variations of the wood.

1.1 lbs
    16" L x 11" W
    Metric

US/Imperial

Driftwood, glass
    Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
    Eco-friendly: crafted from reclaimed wood
    Free Gift Wrap? No
    Premium Gift Wrap? No
    Made in Indonesia.
    Ships fast from USA

Okay, seeking an equestrian-related suggestion. My (grown) daughter is an avid equestrienne but she and her husband are well off, so I’m thinking I don’t really need something technically useful ‘cause she has all that shit. Last year a Pendleton horse blanket was well received. Fashion stuff might work for her I guess. Waddya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Okay, seeking an equestrian-related suggestion. My (grown) daughter is an avid equestrienne but she and her husband are well off, so I’m thinking I don’t really need something technically useful ‘cause she has all that shit. Last year a Pendleton horse blanket was well received. Fashion stuff might work for her I guess. Waddya think?
    What discipline?

just came across this border themed mug

I don't see a wall or traumatized children in cages on any of those mugs. I feel misled. Now what I will I buy for all of the deplorables (and closet deplorables) I know?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I don't see a wall or traumatized children in cages on any of those mugs. I feel misled.
    LOL!! Oops.

What discipline?
    Oh, right! Basically dressage and pleasure. Usually rides English, but busts out western every now and then.