Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1208

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

https://www.circlesquarediamond.com/

I have the BC ski areas at home. Nice stuff, fair prices/shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Careful now, that’s grandma’s job. Once you set an expectation you’re stuck with delivering on increasingly greater expectations or disappointment.

I never knew a grandfather who gave a shit but all of them came out of it smelling like roses.
    Excellent point. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    https://www.circlesquarediamond.com/

I have the BC ski areas at home. Nice stuff, fair prices/shipping
    Thanks for sharing. Those are very fun. I can think of three or four people who'd like one of these

Not particularly creative but the better three quarters could use a robe. Found this one through NYT / Wirecutter. Looks nice. I like waffle. Also considering a terrycloth from our favorite hotel (except buying it). Any others to consider?

https://www.brooklinen.com/products/...39787338760282

Help me, KQ won, you're my only hope!

My wife and I have been together since the Reagan Admin. We don't really go crazy for gifts and Xmas isn't a huge deal in our home. That being said, I always like to be sure that Mrs. P has something to open on Xmas morning. I bought her a book about bicycle touring around the world (that's our long term goal) but wouldn't mind something else to say that I love her. She nordic skis and gravel bikes, is a former massage therapist (tough customer on that front), prides herself on being a minimalist (no tchotchkes), and doesn't wear much jewelry or makeup.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Some nice gloves or socks for either/both Nordic and biking?

For more $ maybe a garmin/Apple Watch ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Help me, KQ won, you're my only hope!

My wife and I have been together since the Reagan Admin. We don't really go crazy for gifts and Xmas isn't a huge deal in our home. That being said, I always like to be sure that Mrs. P has something to open on Xmas morning. I bought her a book about bicycle touring around the world (that's our long term goal) but wouldn't mind something else to say that I love her. She nordic skis and gravel bikes, is a former massage therapist (tough customer on that front), prides herself on being a minimalist (no tchotchkes), and doesn't wear much jewelry or makeup.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
    bike touring maps? ACA has a bunch ?

or start her collection of bike touring bags? seat post bag is universal in fit ?

With that stylin mustache I’d certainly offer rides!

I need this but not made in China.

https://www.lodgecastiron.com/produc...le?sku=EC3CC33

Quality wool socks in festive colors from Bombas might be nice

https://bombas.com/pages/holiday-gif...oaAvf1EALw_wcB

or some nice fleece leggings and/or a top that she could wear while you snuggle beside the fire.

Eddie Bauer has a couple of nice pieces

https://www.eddiebauer.com/s/60-off-...ffleece_221209

Slippers? I love my Uggs but I understand not everyone likes that brand so check out the Slipper thread.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=349687

Gloves for biking or just cold weather. Throw in a hat too.

Headlamp. There are some cool ones out there now.

Eddie Bauer has a nice microtherm down vest. I have one and like it a lot. It is close fitting. Good alone or under things and great for activities.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Quality wool socks in festive colors from Bombas might be nice

https://bombas.com/pages/holiday-gif...oaAvf1EALw_wcB

or some nice fleece leggings and/or a top that she could wear while you snuggle beside the fire.

Eddie Bauer has a couple of nice pieces

https://www.eddiebauer.com/s/60-off-...ffleece_221209

Slippers? I love my Uggs but I understand not everyone likes that brand so check out the Slipper thread.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=349687

Gloves for biking or just cold weather. Throw in a hat too.

Headlamp. There are some cool ones out there now.

Eddie Bauer has a nice microtherm down vest. I have one and like it a lot. It is close fitting. Good alone or under things and great for activities.
    I wish the local EB store didn't close. We did get a Black Diamond store as a replacement, though.

The challenge of not really celebrating Xmas is that we tend to just buy stuff when we need it. As a result, she has new socks, gloves, and slippers all over the last several months! I was thinking maybe some fenders for her townie bike, but that seems a little utilitarian as a gift.

Some new tights and a sweater could work though.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I wish the local EB store didn't close. We did get a Black Diamond store as a replacement, though.

The challenge of not really celebrating Xmas is that we tend to just buy stuff when we need it. As a result, she has new socks, gloves, and slippers all over the last several months! I was thinking maybe some fenders for her townie bike, but that seems a little utilitarian as a gift.

Some new tights and a sweater could work though.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Keep them coming.
    I have a Townie with the hibiscus accents. Wish they still made them. Does she have one of their cool retro bells?

https://electra.trekbikes.com/us/en_...-horns/c/E304/

Eddie Bauer's oversized wraps are the bomb for snuggling IMO. Great prices right now too.

Also - their "women's favorite T-shirt" line is great. I live in those.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I have a Townie with the hibiscus accents. Wish they still made them. Does she have one of their cool retro bells?

https://electra.trekbikes.com/us/en_...-horns/c/E304/

Eddie Bauer's oversized wraps are the bomb for snuggling IMO. Great prices right now too.

Also - their "women's favorite T-shirt" line is great. I live in those.
    Sorry, I meant 'townie' bike in the more colloquial sense, not a brand name. She rides a '91 Bianchi Advantage in purple with pink and blue accents (so 90s) to and from work/breweries/beach/etc.

I'll click through on the EB products to see check them out.

I think fenders for the townie is a great gift, especially if given to her already installed on the townie. It is utilitarian, but she hasn't done it yet.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

my dearest oldest friend will be bearing a child, the first for either of us, nearabouts Mother’s Day 2023. We went to HS together, are about to move in to our first shared domicile together, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her and our family.

I already got her the down booties but we are in NM…..and I am wondering about a kind outsider’s perspective.

And yes, she is beautiful, and yes, she likes jewelry, and yes I am buying a ring. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Choss Jonger, Sr. View Post
    my dearest oldest friend will be bearing a child, the first for either of us, nearabouts Mother’s Day 2023. We went to HS together, are about to move in to our first shared domicile together, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her and our family.

I already got her the down booties but we are in NM…..and I am wondering about a kind outsider’s perspective.

And yes, she is beautiful, and yes, she likes jewelry, and yes I am buying a ring. :-)
    What are asking?

KQ Claus is good at gifting, not so good at mind reading.

A couple years ago my son regifted me a Patagonia Better Sweater. I liked it so much I got a second one. They're what I wear all winter in my 65F house. I highly recommend. (This has nothing to do with Choss Jonger's post--that one is way way over my head.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A couple years ago my son regifted me a Patagonia Better Sweater. I liked it so much I got a second one. They're what I wear all winter in my 65F house. I highly recommend.
    Pretty much the most versatile (and comfortable) fleece fabric ever, IME/IMO.

Saw this very groovy A-Z kids book today
    "Good Night Tahoe"
    by Kevin Sullivan & Michael Furuya $10
    (bearytahoe.com)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221213_161138.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	438165Attachment 438164

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Ask KQ Claus

Anyone looking for a stocking stuffer or extra gift, these things are awesome. I didn’t know my insulated stainless needed a ceramic coating until my wife got me one a couple years ago. Now I have two that I use for hot coffee and cold beer. Perfect size, too.

https://stanthonyind.com/products/atlantis-cup

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1670978637.679600.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	438168
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

^ Those look nice. Ordered. Thx.

Wish they had a sealing lid. Would buy if they did.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I need a gift for my 87 year old mom who is going into a nice assisted living place by next week. Any ideas?

If she has access to a microwave, a microwave heating pad for the neck or back. My 80yr old mom loves hers.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I need a gift for my 87 year old mom who is going into a nice assisted living place by next week. Any ideas?
    Depends?