Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    How about stocking stuffers for men you are not intimate with besides candy.
    Socks. Good socks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using TGR Forums mobile app

I was thinking socks, too. The tools thing I'm not sure about because they are mechanics and I don't see them wanting weird nicknacky things like those cool looking puzzle boxes..

i had no plans to say anything further. just a gentle reiteration.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Honestly you've pulled a tough one. Coats can be soooooooo personal.
    Thank you for all the advice on details to consider. I'm thinking that we will spend a weekend going to shops around the city and I will discretely purchase whichever she prefers. The Burberry cashmere is going to have to wait but Nordstrom's was on my radar. I wish I had known earlier because I would have commissioned a coat to be made if there was time. It's incredible what something costs off the rack when a custom piece is often comparable or even cheaper.

MS, I appreciate the thought, she is just as likely to wear my down hoody when we're riding bikes, go to the bar, etc. This is the sort of coat that will be a statement, with functionality a second consideration, as opposed to the stylish offering from an outdoor brand. One of the many blessings that I count when going to work is that in an academic setting it's not difficult to be one of the best dressed in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    ... One of the many blessings that I count when going to work is that in an academic setting it's not difficult to be one of the best dressed in the room.

That’s like when I was a federal employee.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Thank you for all the advice on details to consider. I'm thinking that we will spend a weekend going to shops around the city and I will discretely purchase whichever she prefers. The Burberry cashmere is going to have to wait but Nordstrom's was on my radar. I wish I had known earlier because I would have commissioned a coat to be made if there was time. It's incredible what something costs off the rack when a custom piece is often comparable or even cheaper.

MS, I appreciate the thought, she is just as likely to wear my down hoody when we're riding bikes, go to the bar, etc. This is the sort of coat that will be a statement, with functionality a second consideration, as opposed to the stylish offering from an outdoor brand. One of the many blessings that I count when going to work is that in an academic setting it's not difficult to be one of the best dressed in the room.
    That's a good idea and probably the best way to do it besides raiding her closet and checking out her current outerwear.

Other things I forgot to mention that I realized when looking at my own coats is the option of removable hoods, covered plackets and pockets that zip or button. I'm a huge fan of covered plackets for the smooth polished look but they can sometimes be a hassle to button up.

Might want to consider a new pair of gloves or a scarf, if she wears them, to go with the coat.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

KQ thanks for the Eddie Bauer favorite long sleeve shirt recommendation. The wife loves them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

What do I get my pregnant wife, who walks into any store and picks the most expensive thing to buy?

Her recent purchases include an Uppababy Stroller in white, and a Rachel Zoe diaper bag.

Unlike her, I am not a dentist, so I don't have an unlimited budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    What do I get my pregnant wife, who walks into any store and picks the most expensive thing to buy?

Her recent purchases include an Uppababy Stroller in white, and a Rachel Zoe diaper bag.

A gift certificate at her favorite spa for a mani/pedi? Yes you have a baby coming and you need baby stuff but Mom needs some pampering too. Think of things for after the baby too. Do you two cook regular meals at home? Is she the cook or you? Maybe sign up for one of those meal delivery services for a month after the baby comes? Hire a cleaning service for the first two months? A portrait studio package to capture those first precious pics of mother & child?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    KQ thanks for the Eddie Bauer favorite long sleeve shirt recommendation. The wife loves them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I'm wearing one right now! I can't tell you how many I have. Really love them.

A rich boyfriend?

You are looking at this all wrong. It is not what you should get her. It is what you need for yourself. You need a better wife. JK. +++Vibes+++

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I was thinking socks, too. The tools thing I'm not sure about because they are mechanics and I don't see them wanting weird nicknacky things like those cool looking puzzle boxes..
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=316070
    I purchased these socks last year.
    They are great.
    Very warm,sturdy and inexpensive.

Sent from my SM-N900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Best insulated women's ski pants? Excluding Patagonia bc Powderbowl are too stiff and expensive and don't fit her well, and Snowbelle colors/patterns are not her favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Best insulated women's ski pants? Excluding Patagonia bc Powderbowl are too stiff and expensive and don't fit her well, and Snowbelle colors/patterns are not her favorite.
    I'm a big fan of Marmot

Something to consider: You might find you have a greater selection in pants if you nix the "insulated" aspect. Look for a nice pair of softshells with a fleece lining then add a pair of Hot Chillys Micro-Elite XT top and bottom for her to wear underneath. That way she can layer as needed plus she can take off her ski pant apres ski and just wear the Hot Chilly's. That's what I do. I absolutely LOVE Hot Chilly's. Yes they are expensive but the are worth it and they last forever. Hint: turn them inside-out when washing to avoid pilling.

Found this when looking online: The Best Ski Pants for Women of 2018. The reviews are kinda funky but the rest of the article makes some great points about what to look for in a ski pant/bib.

KQ is our gift
    Thanks for what you do helping everyone out in this dept
    skid luxury

I always love when this thread pops up. Such vicarious joy.

I'm waiting for her first strain recommendation to signal the sign of the times.

A gift certificate at her favorite spa for a mani/pedi? Yes you have a baby coming and you need baby stuff but Mom needs some pampering too. Think of things for after the baby too. Do you two cook regular meals at home? Is she the cook or you? Maybe sign up for one of those meal delivery services for a month after the baby comes? Hire a cleaning service for the first two months? A portrait studio package to capture those first precious pics of mother & child?
    She's taking her staff to get Mani/Pedi's in a couple weeks. I'm normally the cook. The photo session seems like a great idea!
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    A rich boyfriend?
    I recently got an indeterminate position, so I'll maybe have a pension? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    KQ is our gift
    Thanks for what you do helping everyone out in this dept
    It's my way of shopping without spending money. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I always love when this thread pops up. Such vicarious joy.

I'm waiting for her first strain recommendation to signal the sign of the times.

It's funny you should say this because I was just mentioning to a friend the other day that soon people will be giving THC presents like they used to give alcohol. LOL! "Give the gift of Cannabis this Christmas!"

Edit: Dammit! Now you've got me thinking about this. Based on my limited experience with different strains I would have to say I think the perfect Christmas strain would be Chocolope

Name:  Chocolope.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  50.6 KB

As far as gifts go who wouldn't like to find a bag of Craft Elixers Pioneer Square gummies (THC or CBD!) in their stocking or a jar of Fairwinds topical Flow for those sore aching muscles?
    Last edited by KQ; 12-06-2018 at 12:57 PM.

I'm a big fan of Marmot

Something to consider: You might find you have a greater selection in pants if you nix the "insulated" aspect. Look for a nice pair of softshells with a fleece lining then add a pair of Hot Chillys Micro-Elite XT top and bottom for her to wear underneath. That way she can layer as needed plus she can take off her ski pant apres ski and just wear the Hot Chilly's. That's what I do. I absolutely LOVE Hot Chilly's. Yes they are expensive but the are worth it and they last forever. Hint: turn them inside-out when washing to avoid pilling.

Found this when looking online: The Best Ski Pants for Women of 2018. The reviews are kinda funky but the rest of the article makes some great points about what to look for in a ski pant/bib.
    Thanks! She definitely wants/needs insulated, along with heavy layering underneath. She just gets cold. Plus we ski Big Sky mostly and that place gets brutally cold. Anyway I read that article and checked out some Marmot pants on Backcountry, ended up finding a couple insulated Helly Hansen pants that actually look pretty nice, the Legendary pants and the Switch Cargo pants. I have never owned a piece of Helly Hansen gear but the reviews seem pretty good (although most women tend to review the fit rather than the warmth/water repellency etc., which makes it a little difficult to judge that).

Regarding layers, she recently picked up a pair of Patagonia Crosstrek fleece pants that she loves. She has had Hot Chillys in the past too. Anyway thanks and Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Thanks! She definitely wants/needs insulated, along with heavy layering underneath. She just gets cold. Plus we ski Big Sky mostly and that place gets brutally cold. Anyway I read that article and checked out some Marmot pants on Backcountry, ended up finding a couple insulated Helly Hansen pants that actually look pretty nice, the Legendary pants and the Switch Cargo pants. I have never owned a piece of Helly Hansen gear but the reviews seem pretty good (although most women tend to review the fit rather than the warmth/water repellency etc., which makes it a little difficult to judge that).

Regarding layers, she recently picked up a pair of Patagonia Crosstrek fleece pants that she loves. She has had Hot Chillys in the past too. Anyway thanks and Merry Christmas!
    Awesome! I think I've owned at least one piece of HH for the last 30 years. They make good stuff - they've certainly been around long enough and come from a country that knows snow and cold (founded in 1877, Oslo Norway).

Now ... if you really want to spice up your gift (probably not a good idea if you have dogs in the house ):

Jimmy Dean’s Sausage-Scented Wrapping Paper Will Make Your Gifts Smell Like Breakfast

Too bad Black Rock can't get their act together. I was going to give one of their products as a xmas present but nooooooooooooooooooo

That StashBox Swiss Army knife thing is cool!

Too bad Black Rock can't get their act together. I was going to give one of their products as a xmas present but nooooooooooooooooooo

That StashBox Swiss Army knife thing is cool!
    Yeah, it's pretty cool. I don't really understand why people make it all so complicated. Just get a nice pen and some edibles and call it a day. But I'm generally not into trinkets and gadgets in general, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty cool. I don't really understand why people make it all so complicated. Just get a nice pen and some edibles and call it a day. But I'm generally not into trinkets and gadgets in general, so what do I know?
    I wanted to get my GF a pen for Christmas to get her of the pipe but she's so old school and set in her ways plus she's a smoker so I doubt she would be into it esp. since you need to grind your flower and do maintenance on the vape. She uses a 30yo party bowl metal pipe and gets what she needs from it. Wadda ya gonna do?