Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Hmmmmm, pretty broad category. Do you know if she likes a fully enclosed slipper or a scuff? Myself I like something with a covered heel because my feet are always cold. Other people run hot like a friend of mine who only wears scuffs.

If I were you I'd take a look at Zappos. You can see all the different styles side-by-side and read the reviews for pros/cons and fit. Here is a search narrowing women's slippers down to those priced $50 and under: https://www.zappos.com/women-slipper...HiAgQBAhgN.zso

Be sure and take into account if she wants to wear socks with them which might put her up a half size.

I like the look of these. My cold feet would be snug as bugs in a rug!

Tundra Boots Abigail

I also have to give a shout out for Acorn products - just love them! Their polar fleece Versafit socks are the bomb! Backcountry has them on sale right now.

This Moc gets great reviews and you can get the Versafit sock that matches them (both come in other colors).

This pattern is cute - kinda like having leopard paws:

Edit/Add: A great thing about using Zappos for a purchase like this is their 365 day free return policy. They will even ship new items out before receiving your return! Give them a call, tell them what you need to exchange for and they will ship it right out to you. Of course you have to give them a CC # just in case you fail to return the original item but it's still a great deal for those of us who hate to wait. I WANT IT NOW!
    Ha! My wife told me tonight that she wanted slippers for xmas, but I shouldnt bother researching them because she knows exactly what she wants.

Keep up the good work KQ Claus, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Leather it is, darling. I prefer to use whatever belt I was wearing that evening.
    Some belts are snake skin. Ow, leather with snake skin details, how's that sound santa KQ?
    something like this?

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Ha! My wife told me tonight that she wanted slippers for xmas, but I shouldnt bother researching them because she knows exactly what she wants.

Keep up the good work KQ Claus, much appreciated!
    so what is she looking for? Will she tell you and you can buy it or is she going to gift herself?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Ask KQ Claus

something like this?

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhh - you're going to land me on the naughty list!

KQ are these bags any good? Or I could just go with a ugg robe..

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    KQ are these bags any good? Or I could just go with a ugg robe..
    What bags?

I've never tried an Ugg robe but they look wonderful and people seems to like them based on reviews.

What bags?

I've never tried an Ugg robe but they look wonderful and people seems to like them based on reviews.
    Woops
    https://www.katespade.com/handbags/view-all/

Uhhhhhhh Kate Spade? Yeah, they're good. Wow. There's some beautiful bags on that page.

Question is: Is the intended recipient a fan high-end big name handbag fashion? If the answer is "yes," if she's always dreamed of owning a Kate Spade bag, then I'd say go for it. You will not be sorry with how happy it will make her. She will squeal with delight when she opens it and will be quickly planning her first outing where she can show all her GFs what a great guy you are for buying her one.

Next question(s) is/are: What shape/size of handbag gal is she? Does she want/need a zipper enclosure (I always want this just in case the bag gets turned upside down). A fold over flap design? External pockets? Back-pack style? Cross-over body style? Small clutch? A satchel? Is this going to be her everyday bag or a special occasion bag?

Final question: Are you going to get the matching wallet?

This would be my choice. It has an all enclosing zipper and a flat bottom so it will stand up when set down. Also, I like the long strap combined with the loop handles for multiple carrying options.

cameron street maise

. Now you've got me wanting one!

Ooooh this one fits the bill too! cameron street large lane

Damn you!

That sleep cardigan is the bomb. I really love mine.

Re: tulips - depending on where you live you've more than likely passed the time for planting. Here's some info I found on planting:

HOW TO PLANT, GROW, AND CARE FOR TULIPS

Q&A: When Is It Too Late to Plant Bulbs?
    Found a local gardening shop that had some bulbs left, and found some other misc. flower gardening tools to make a little kit. It looks like some of the late season planting advice might work here in ID, so we’ll give it a go.

Uhhhhhhh Kate Spade? Yeah, they're good. Wow. There's some beautiful bags on that page.

Final question: Are you going to get the matching wallet?
    I went with Jackson Street Mylie.

Edit: do i need to get a wallet now??

I went with Jackson Street Mylie.

Edit: do i need to get a wallet now??
    Nice! You are the man!

Re: wallet - it's up to you though it does make a nice set. With a quality bag like that putting your old wallet in it could be anti-climactic. Of course it's going to depend on what she currently has - if it's new or another quality designer then I would say "no".

Here are a couple of wallets from that collection:

jackson street stacy

jackson street jada

Old wives tale: When giving a gift of a wallet, purse, piggy bank or anything that is meant to hold money, you should put money in it so the person will have good luck. By putting money in a wallet or purse that is being given as a gift, you ensure that the wallet or purse will never be empty of money.

Old wives tale: When giving a gift of a wallet, purse, piggy bank or anything that is meant to hold money, you should put money in it so the person will have good luck. By putting money in a wallet or purse that is being given as a gift, you ensure that the wallet or purse will never be empty of your money.
    FIFY.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    FIFY.
    LOL! They don't say how much money. My Grandmother would just put a coin in the coin purse section.

Another OWT - this one about gifting knives: There is a folklore superstition regarding the giving of a knife as a gift. If the knife is given to a friend, money must be exchanged as well. It is considered very bad luck to give someone a knife without exchanging money or the friendship will be cut by the knife.

3 year old girl?
    Not quite 1 year old boy?

Hit a homerun with the girl last year with a stuffed wolf plush. That's her favorite thing, and she runs around howling.

Goose egging now? Little bouncy cow like the old hippity hop for girl, is as close as I got.

No idea for boy.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    3 year old girl?
    Not quite 1 year old boy?

Hit a homerun with the girl last year with a stuffed wolf plush. That's her favorite thing, and she runs around howling.

Goose egging now? Little bouncy cow like the old hippity hop for girl, is as close as I got.

No idea for boy.
    according to the people who compile lists of these things you hit the mark with the hippity hop only now it's called a "Gymnic Rody Horse Inflatable Bounce & Ride". Man I would have been all over that thing:

Here's some lists I found:

The 8 Best Toys for 3-Year-Old Girls to Buy in 2017

The Best Gifts For 3-Year-Olds

Fat Brain Toys - Best Toys for 3 Year Old Girls in 2017

This toy from Fat Brain sounds neat - develops some nice skills like listening and following directions as well as get the kids moving and developing fine motor skills. Can be played with in a group situation for her and her friends. Unfortunately it looks like a sex toy. LOL!

Magic Moves Electronic Wand

Best Gifts for 3-Year-Olds

20 Best Toy and Gift Ideas for 3yo Girls in 2017

For a 1yo? Does it matter as long as he can safely put it in his mouth or cuddle with it? I would think something bright and eye catching to stimulate his little developing brain. The people at parents.com have some suggestions - I have to admit I would have thought some quite advanced for a 1yo but then I guess kids are developing faster than they did in my day. Seems like these gifts are geared towards facilitating interaction between parent and child which opens the door to more/different gifts other than the standard stuffed animal.

Best Gifts for One-Year-Olds

And more:

The Best Gifts for a 1-Year-Old

11 best gifts for 1-year-olds

Fat Brain Toys - Best Toys for 1 Year Old Boys in 2017

Edit: the toy reviews by Fat Brain Toys has a really cool age appropriate scale - click on a toy then go to specs and you'll see how people have rated it for each age group.

This toy is cool for a 1 yo and the spec section says good things about it:

Wimzle

Last edited by KQ; 12-05-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElfOnTheShelf View Post
    Found a local gardening shop that had some bulbs left, and found some other misc. flower gardening tools to make a little kit. It looks like some of the late season planting advice might work here in ID, so we’ll give it a go.
    Southern ID then? Sounds like a good plan and she can always supplement next year.

When I was a kid I remember my Dad digging up bulbs and storing them in my mother's old pantyhose. He would hang them on the wall in the garage when they could get air. I remember thinking how funny they looked. Seemed to work well in Seattle climate but I don't think it would do for EWA.

I think that’s what digitaldeath gave DSM for Christmas
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

according to the people who compile lists of these things you hit the mark with the hippity hop only now it's called a "Gymnic Rody Horse Inflatable Bounce & Ride". Man I would have been all over that thing:

Here's some lists I found:

The 8 Best Toys for 3-Year-Old Girls to Buy in 2017

The Best Gifts For 3-Year-Olds

Fat Brain Toys - Best Toys for 3 Year Old Girls in 2017

This toy from Fat Brain sounds neat - develops some nice skills like listening and following directions as well as get the kids moving and developing fine motor skills. Can be played with in a group situation for her and her friends. Unfortunately it looks like a sex toy. LOL!

Magic Moves Electronic Wand

Best Gifts for 3-Year-Olds

20 Best Toy and Gift Ideas for 3yo Girls in 2017

For a 1yo? Does it matter as long as he can safely put it in his mouth or cuddle with it? I would think something bright and eye catching to stimulate his little developing brain. The people at parents.com have some suggestions - I have to admit I would have thought some quite advanced for a 1yo but then I guess kids are developing faster than they did in my day. Seems like these gifts are geared towards facilitating interaction between parent and child which opens the door to more/different gifts other than the standard stuffed animal.

Best Gifts for One-Year-Olds

And more:

The Best Gifts for a 1-Year-Old

11 best gifts for 1-year-olds

Fat Brain Toys - Best Toys for 1 Year Old Boys in 2017

Edit: the toy reviews by Fat Brain Toys has a really cool age appropriate scale - click on a toy then go to specs and you'll see how people have rated it for each age group.

This toy is cool for a 1 yo and the spec section says good things about it:

Wimzle

Thanks!

Yeah, she might like a horse more. Out of what I looked at, the cows looked more like cows, than horse ones.

And yeah on the one year olds.

Way back in a post, I mention 3d as a potential gift.

Should have been 3D PRINTER?

Ask KQ Claus

Dear, KQ Claus.
    I need pet gift ideas.
    I got a roadid tag for a puppy, but I need something for 8 year old boxer (boxer got lots of jackets and leash), 16 year old cat and 5 year old cat.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Dear, KQ Claus.
    I need pet gift ideas.
    I got a roadid tag for a puppy, but I need something for 8 year old boxer (boxer got lots of jackets and leash), 16 year old cat and 5 year old cat.
    Thank you.
    For the Boxer: Are you familiar with Playology? Toys are based on a dogs keen sense of smell.

I picked up these for my cats when I was shopping at Amazon for other presents. They've received good reviews and cats really seem to like that shape overall because they can grab it with their front paws while chewing on it and rabbit kicking all at the same time.

Malier 3 Pack Catnip Toys for Cats

Other good choices are these no stuffing toys - my kittens love to drag them around all over the place. I bought the small dog size because the cat was really small and as I said before - they like the length. They love "Mr. Fox"

Ethical Pet Skinneeez Forest Series Fox Stuffingless Dog Toy

Ordered Bacon Bounce Ball and Catnip Toys!
    Thank you, KQ!!

Name:  Capture.GIF
Views: 310
Size:  41.7 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Ordered Bacon Bounce Ball and Catnip Toys!
    Thank you, KQ!!
    Did you look at the gallery of pics for the cat toys? Precious!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Name:  Capture.GIF
Views: 310
Size:  41.7 KB
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo!