Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Oh, right! Basically dressage and pleasure. Usually rides English, but busts out western every now and then.
    Okay, I'm going to gear this towards Dressage -

These are the some of the big online equestrian shopping sites:

Bit of Britian
    Dover Saddlery
    SmartPak
    Back in the Saddle
    Dressage Extensions

Dressage riders are all about bling - rhinestone/crystal/beaded/metal browbands are huge as are embellished spurs and spur straps such as these:

You can Google any of those items I mentioned and probably find them on Etsy too.

Saddle pads are always nice - I have a YUGE collection. My favorite are sheepskin like Mattes pads but they can get pricey. That said there is nothing wrong with a nice quilted pad which are easier to maintain than sheepskin plus you can get them monogrammed on most of those sites above.

Tack aside most horse people like equestrian decor. Again, most of those sites have everything from paintings/prints to jewelry and statues. Another idea might be equestrian wool hook throw pillows. Wayfair has a ton like this:

Next up, if she lives somewhere with cold winters and she still rides you might consider cold weather clothing such as insulated riding gloves and equestrian themed fleece/hats (no scarves! Big no-no around horses. Dover sells them but again they shouldn't be worn around horses). If she lives somewhere warm they also make cooling shirts and the like that are quite popular.

Last but not least if they keep their own horses (have pastures) you could get the horse a giant ball.4

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Lol, thats funny.

Looks like they are having fun.
    watch out for snakes

Awesome! Thanks KQ Claus, those are good ideas.

My wife saw these Orage Phoenix pants at a store in Big Sky and immediately said she wanted them for Christmas. I ordered them from Evo, but they are almost out. Looks like Backcountry has them though. Basically a puffy under layer.

Low-profile yet extra-warm, the Orage Phoenix Pants feature PrimaLoft®'s latest innovation - Thermoplume. A down-imitator so good you won't be able to tell the difference, the Phoenix Pants are the perfect layer to throw on under your favorite shell on those extra cold days.

Thanks for the help, KQlause.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    throwing some stuff out there for you all - things I've come across. I really like these stonewear mugs by Creative Structures. They come in 12 and 16oz sizes with lots of motifs. I'm getting an owl one for a friend

Hearts:

The owl version of this mug that I ordered arrived today. This is a very substantial mug. Big and heavy. Should keep liquids nice and hot for a good while.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

The owl version of this mug that I ordered arrived today. This is a very substantial mug. Big and heavy. Should keep liquids nice and hot for a good while.
    I saw your post Nd got my wife the moose mug - she is a big moose fan and we have a steady stream of them at our place in Idaho. Thanks for the idea!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    My wife saw these Orage Phoenix pants at a store in Big Sky and immediately said she wanted them for Christmas. I ordered them from Evo, but they are almost out. Looks like Backcountry has them though. Basically a puffy under layer.
    Word around the campfire is that Patagonia is now making NanoAir pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Word around the campfire is that Patagonia is now making NanoAir pants.
    https://www.patagonia.com/product/me...nts/85100.html

Those would be toasty. I use the top as my go to mid layer.

I took a lovely restorative yoga class yesterday... worked wonders but now I'm back to freaking out. LOL!

I took a lovely restorative yoga class yesterday... worked wonders but now I'm back to freaking out. LOL!
    If you fly me out, I'll cook on your dime and take care of that ;?)

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    If you fly me out, I'll cook on your dime and take care of that ;?)
    Well aren't you sweet?

Cooking Christmas day is an easy one for me. All I'm responsible for is the breakfast strata. It's all the other things I have to do before people start arriving tomorrow that has me running in all directions. At least I got presents wrapped yesterday. Next year I think it might be time for me to go to gift bags with wads of tissue paper. I think I've reached that age.

Next year I think it might be time for me to go to gift bags with wads of tissue paper. I think I've reached that age.
    What age does that become an option? Asking for a friend.

50+

It’s all about the gift. If it’s a good gift no one gives a shit about how it’s wrapped.

Ask KQ Claus

I’m forever 39 and I’ve been doing the bags for years.
    my brother and I have been exchanging gifts in the same gift bag at christmas for probably close to a decade now. wish I had a pic but I just sent it to him. I’ll have him snap a pic when he receives it. the Joseph father character looks exactly like eddie murphy. it’s excellent
    skid luxury

I just got the lady some Moment lenses for her iPhone. She so rarely takes out her good camera since she got the iPhone X, I figured she’d have these with her all the time. She loved them. The photo-geeks might be steaming at this, but I’d say they are a great gift if your SO likes taking photos with their phone and would like an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I just got the lady some Moment lenses for her iPhone. She so rarely takes out her good camera since she got the iPhone X, I figured she’d have these with her all the time. She loved them. The photo-geeks might be steaming at this, but I’d say they are a great gift if your SO likes taking photos with their phone and would like an upgrade.
    great idea- thank you as I have not yet picked up anything for the husband and I'm going to get this for him
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    great idea- thank you as I have not yet picked up anything for the husband and I'm going to get this for him
    No sense in waiting til the last minute, right?

No sense in waiting til the last minute, right?
    I'm usually all over it but hemmed and hawed as whether to get him to $2k spotting scope he wants or get him something more reasonable
    to be fair he sucks at gift giving so I've placed less importance on putting tons of effort into it bc he thinks it doesn't matter as much
    he already told me he got me new skis (free for him) but they won't arrive before christmas. (this has been my gift at least 75% of our relationship)
    but it's all good. if I am needing a good gift/ need the feels I make it clear ie- for my birthday 2 yo I wanted an ebike to commute to work. He wasn't catching the hint so I said, "I'm going to get this either way so you might as well buy it for me bc I am going to be so happy and pleased about this bike that you might as well buy it and get the credit" Got my bike and he got the credit - win win
    skid luxury

I'm usually all over it but hemmed and hawed as whether to get him to $2k spotting scope he wants or get him something more reasonable
    to be fair he sucks at gift giving so I've placed less importance on putting tons of effort into it bc he thinks it doesn't matter as much
    he already told me he got me new skis (free for him) but they won't arrive before christmas. (this has been my gift at least 75% of our relationship)
    but it's all good. if I am needing a good gift/ need the feels I make it clear ie- for my birthday 2 yo I wanted an ebike to commute to work. He wasn't catching the hint so I said, "I'm going to get this either way so you might as well buy it for me bc I am going to be so happy and pleased about this bike that you might as well buy it and get the credit" Got my bike and he got the credit - win win
    If you're going to spend that much you might as well get him a Peloton!

If you're going to spend that much you might as well get him a Peloton!
    haha totally! the spotting scopes are made by swarovski so they are like buying some fancy jewelry- but I'd much rather spend it on this than any jewelry for myself.
    they are a very nice treat though and sort of a gift for both of us as we've just been borrowing scopes from his work for the past several yrs. would be nice to have our own as we do a lot of wildlife watching dates (usually early morning or at dusk so the convenience of not having to add the work stop over before heading out is nice) ok I think I talked myself into it lol
    and comeon- you know I already have a peloton
    skid luxury

haha totally! the spotting scopes are made by swarovski so they are like buying some fancy jewelry- but I'd much rather spend it on this than any jewelry for myself.
    they are a very nice treat though and sort of a gift for both of us as we've just been borrowing scopes from his work for the past several yrs. would be nice to have our own as we do a lot of wildlife watching dates (usually early morning or at dusk so the convenience of not having to add the work stop over before heading out is nice) ok I think I talked myself into it lol
    and comeon- you know I already have a peloton
    Swarovski == fine jewelry. You got the priority right.