Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

When the fuck are you gonna let him go home, KQ?
    You know he has frostbite and can't roll joints very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Been looking at getting the wife a super automatic espresso machine. Anyone have any experience with the ones that are $600 or less? The super fancy ones are unfortunately out of my price range.
    Closings the loop on this. Ended up finding a Delonghi Magnifica on a great Black Friday sale. Got good reviews so I pulled the trigger.

She loves it. Way better than what we were making at home with our coffee machine, way less hassle and mess.

Still working on steaming milk right.

It’s definitely not a pro level machine and I wish it was a bit hotter, but I’d put it up against anything you’ll get at a chain coffee shop any day.

Action shot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2537.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	311030

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Closings the loop on this. Ended up finding a Delonghi Magnifica on a great Black Friday sale. Got good reviews so I pulled the trigger.

She loves it. Way better than what we were making at home with our coffee machine, way less hassle and mess.

Still working on steaming milk right.

It’s definitely not a pro level machine and I wish it was a bit hotter, but I’d put it up against anything you’ll get at a chain coffee shop any day.

Action shot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2537.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	311030
    Nice.

What is it you wish was hotter?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Nice.

What is it you wish was hotter?
    I think the heating element is just a bit small. The steam comes out in bursts not as a steady flow, and if you don’t orewarm the cups the coffee cools off much faster than our old coffee pot.

Name:  covidsanta.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  34.0 KB

^ Source? Some of the people on my list would dig that.

Or maybe not, but they’re gonna get one if I can find it.

Part fill your cup with hot water from your kettle. Make your DeLonghi shots as concentrated as the machine will make them (left hand knob fully anti-clockwise). That way you get the coffee as hot as you want, but still the crema from the machine (if you turn the knob clockwise you get the same amount of coffee but just more hot water from the machine, which as you point out is not super hot). And as you probably know, 1% or 2% milk froths better than whole milk.
    Our first Magnifica lasted 10 years of heavy use - we've just replaced it - highly recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

https://www.fleurishhome.com/santa-w...pre-order.html

apparently you're not alone.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

Looks like they've been in demand so buy it while you can. You can do a search for "santa mask ornament" and find other places selling it but this is where I saw it (popped up in my FB feed):

Cozy Home

Actual online store selling it linked from Cozy Home:

https://irisstores.com/product/santa...oWw-Eo5kWPpHGE

Also these one:

EDIT/ADD:

This is my FAVORITE place to buy ornaments and they have it too for pre-order only I wonder if they are okay as they are located in Blue River. OR.

Old World Christmas

Pre-ordered one.

EDIT/ADD:

This is my FAVORITE place to buy ornaments and they have it too for pre-order only I wonder if they are okay as they are located in Blue River. OR.

Old World Christmas

Ugh. So sad............... this year truly sux:

September 8th, 2020

Our shopping cart is off line.

We regret to inform our customers that our store has been destroyed by the wildfires
    in the area of McKenzie Hwy, Blue River, OR.

We will try to let you know if we can rebuild soon.

We were safely evacuated.

Patrick and Nancy Wood

I think assuming there will be a Christmas this year is a dangerous assumption. And if there is, better buy a fake tree now before they sell out because all the real trees have burned down. Bah. Humbug.

Ugh. So sad............... this year truly sux:

September 8th, 2020

Our shopping cart is off line.

We regret to inform our customers that our store has been destroyed by the wildfires
    in the area of McKenzie Hwy, Blue River, OR.

We will try to let you know if we can rebuild soon.

We were safely evacuated.

Patrick and Nancy Wood
    Fuck. Lane county on fire. That's crazy. Eugene and Springfield must be holding their breath.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think assuming there will be a Christmas this year is a dangerous assumption. And if there is, better buy a fake tree now before they sell out because all the real trees have burned down. Bah. Humbug.
    Fuck, that is a scary thought, as it my favorite time of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I guess it is only 14 weeks.... no time like the present to start getting ideas:

GuacOn

Avocado Coin Purse

Quote Originally Posted by ianpnw View Post
    Part fill your cup with hot water from your kettle. Make your DeLonghi shots as concentrated as the machine will make them (left hand knob fully anti-clockwise). That way you get the coffee as hot as you want, but still the crema from the machine (if you turn the knob clockwise you get the same amount of coffee but just more hot water from the machine, which as you point out is not super hot). And as you probably know, 1% or 2% milk froths better than whole milk.
    Our first Magnifica lasted 10 years of heavy use - we've just replaced it - highly recommended
    This. My wife does the exact same thing. No complaints for the one year she has had her machine. Other than from me when I'm trying to do a conf. call and people ask what all the construction noise is when it's running.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Name:  TYWOASC.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  6.9 KB
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Name:  TYWOASC.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  6.9 KB
    LOL! Love the Heat Miser!

I got this one year from my son and when it wore out I bought myself another one. Very slim wallet, fits easily in front pocket, a magnetic money clip and slots for plastic. It carries everything I need and a couple of things I don't (organ donor card, etc). I'll never go back to a regular wallet.
    https://www.amazon.com/Viosi-Genuine.../dp/B00EBNOQNE

I got this one year from my son and when it wore out I bought myself another one. Very slim wallet, fits easily in front pocket, a magnetic money clip and slots for plastic. It carries everything I need and a couple of things I don't (organ donor card, etc). I'll never go back to a regular wallet.
    https://www.amazon.com/Viosi-Genuine.../dp/B00EBNOQNE
    do you have trouble with the magnets? On credit cards, eg, or your pacemaker? Ever since a magnetic hydration clip reversed the polarity of my compass halfway through drawing a map, I've stayed away from magnets (and yes, I know, how do they work?) . . . except for animal magnetism, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    do you have trouble with the magnets? On credit cards, eg, or your pacemaker? Ever since a magnetic hydration clip reversed the polarity of my compass halfway through drawing a map, I've stayed away from magnets (and yes, I know, how do they work?) . . . except for animal magnetism, that is.
    No problems with credit cards. I don't have a pacemaker. No problems with my cell phone. I do sometime find my phone or keys stuck to the wallet.
    One of my medical school classmates (and lead singer in our bang even though he couldn't carry a tune to save his life) believed that all human disease was caused by alterations in people's magnetic fields. If you subscribe to that theory than I would recommend against the magnetic money clip. (He didn't graduate btw.)

It is recommended to keep magnets 6 inches or more from pacemakers. The magnets used to reprogram a pacer are very strong (best fridge magnet I've ever had) and are place directly on the skin over the pacemaker. If you do alter a pacer with a magnet it doesn't stop working, it just starts pulsing at a fixed rate rather than synchronizing with your own heart beat, and only for as long as the magnet is there. Once the magnet is removed the pacer goes back to doing whatever it was doing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    This. My wife does the exact same thing. No complaints for the one year she has had her machine. Other than from me when I'm trying to do a conf. call and people ask what all the construction noise is when it's running.
    Yeah, we’ve been warming up our cups first and that helps significantly