Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49
Results 1,201 to 1,208 of 1208

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    ^^ Something from a stationary store for her new office. No doubt there are some nice Japanese shops in Seattle proper.

KQ, I have gifts taken care of for my wife but am thinking of getting her something extra this year. She is about to make a huge career leap but is still wearing professional clothes from when she was a broke grad student. I know she is self conscious about these items but has a hard time wrapping her head around the necessary expense of buying something worthwhile. Her new boss, in addition to her many professional accomplishments, is known nationally for being one of the best dressed women in a male dominated field and my wife will be the only other woman in their department that isn't a junior trainee.

The two things she needs the most are new heels and a new blazer. I am considering paying upfront to have a blazer made for her at a local tailor but don't want to make a mistake. I know these items are personal but if I leave it up to her she is going to keep dragging her feet and run out of time.
    Okay, I'm not KQ Claus here but I am married to a very sophisticated NYC gal. Check out this place for ideas. I am told these are the bomb...

https://veronicabeard.com/collections/dickey-jackets
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Ask KQ Claus

Get her an appointment with personal shopper at Nordstrom’s downtown.
    Then buy her something else.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    ^^ Something from a stationary store for her new office. No doubt there are some nice Japanese shops in Seattle proper.

KQ, I have gifts taken care of for my wife but am thinking of getting her something extra this year. She is about to make a huge career leap but is still wearing professional clothes from when she was a broke grad student. I know she is self conscious about these items but has a hard time wrapping her head around the necessary expense of buying something worthwhile. Her new boss, in addition to her many professional accomplishments, is known nationally for being one of the best dressed women in a male dominated field and my wife will be the only other woman in their department that isn't a junior trainee.

The two things she needs the most are new heels and a new blazer. I am considering paying upfront to have a blazer made for her at a local tailor but don't want to make a mistake. I know these items are personal but if I leave it up to her she is going to keep dragging her feet and run out of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Okay, I'm not KQ Claus here but I am married to a very sophisticated NYC gal. Check out this place for ideas. I am told these are the bomb...

https://veronicabeard.com/collections/dickey-jackets
    Hey Ghost - been out of the office scene for going on 15yrs now. ^That link from Toadman looks promising. My suggestions for blazers would be Ann Taylor, Eileen Fischer or for more conservative Talbots. For shoes Nordys is always a good go-to.

If you don't live near B&M stores there are online services that will coordinate entire outfits for you based on your style & needs and ship them to your home. I've not used this service but it might be worth a try and you can buy gift certs: https://www.stitchfix.com/

^Stitch Fix is the personal style service for men and women that evolves with your tastes, needs and lifestyle.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Help me KQ Claus, you’re my only hope.

My brothers’ families and my family draw names each year for one person to give a gift to and I pulled my sister in law. She is always so thoughtful with her gifts so I don’t wanna blow this one.

Price isn’t really an issue for the right thing. About her: 40 yr old mother of two small kids so she’s constantly “on.” Architect. Funny. Loves a good drink/food. Lives in a house with all men (my bro and two small dudes) so it’s dongs everywhere for the poor gal. Doesn’t have a lot of space to herself. They are remodeling their downstairs so in a state of flux and maybe need something for down there. She should have a new office down there when completed.

Anything come to mind?

Noise cancelling headphones? VR headset? Gummies? LOL!

Can you tell us any more about her like:
    Has she metioned an interest in a new hobby?
    How does she spend her down time?
    Does she enjoy spa treatments?
    Does she like to put on comfy lounge clothes and snuggle on the couch?
    Does she do daily dog walks? There are some great merino clothes and fleece lined tights on the market (WoolX, Orvis, Eddie Bauer)

Is she passionate about shopping local or buying from artisans? Novica is a great place to buy unique gifts that support artist around the world: https://www.novica.com/

For food and drink you might consider King Arthur or Cooks Illustrated. King Arthur has great gift sets. For Cooks I would suggest both a magazing & online subscription.

Something to consider - do you know how she feels about "things?" I only ask because of late I've had to clean out my mother's apartment and downsize her to a studio in assisted living and have become accutely aware of lifes superfulous junk. It's actually quite sad. It used to be I would go into a store and see things I like and buy them with much joy. Now I see them as something that someday will be boxed up and tossed.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Help me KQ Claus, you’re my only hope.

My brothers’ families and my family draw names each year for one person to give a gift to and I pulled my sister in law. She is always so thoughtful with her gifts so I don’t wanna blow this one.

Price isn’t really an issue for the right thing. About her: 40 yr old mother of two small kids so she’s constantly “on.” Architect. Funny. Loves a good drink/food. Lives in a house with all men (my bro and two small dudes) so it’s dongs everywhere for the poor gal. Doesn’t have a lot of space to herself. They are remodeling their downstairs so in a state of flux and maybe need something for down there. She should have a new office down there when completed.

Anything come to mind?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    A nice fountain pen and some ink sets for when she gets off the keyboard and wants to write something meaningful?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Noise cancelling headphones? VR headset? Gummies? LOL!

Can you tell us any more about her like:
    Has she metioned an interest in a new hobby?
    How does she spend her down time?
    Does she enjoy spa treatments?
    Does she like to put on comfy lounge clothes and snuggle on the couch?
    Does she do daily dog walks? There are some great merino clothes and fleece lined tights on the market (WoolX, Orvis, Eddie Bauer)

Is she passionate about shopping local or buying from artisans? Novica is a great place to buy unique gifts that support artist around the world: https://www.novica.com/

For food and drink you might consider King Arthur or Cooks Illustrated. King Arthur has great gift sets. For Cooks I would suggest both a magazing & online subscription.

Something to consider - do you know how she feels about "things?" I only ask because of late I've had to clean out my mother's apartment and downsize her to a studio in assisted living and have become accutely aware of lifes superfulous junk. It's actually quite sad. It used to be I would go into a store and see things I like and buy them with much joy. Now I see them as something that someday will be boxed up and tossed.
    First, sorry to hear about your mom and appreciate your perspective there.

And now that you mention it, I think an experience is definitely the way to go for her. It’s not a “thing” to consume for a bit before it fades. She needs to have some of her own time. I’m going towards a day at the spa to herself.

And finally, I feel like we need a standardized form we need to fill out for you. The service you provide, deserves a proper intake process and context.

Architect
    Clutch pencil & sketchbook

Maybe brass? Live metal patinas nicely in the hand. The big blunt pencil is great for loose sketches
    https://www.thepencompany.com/en-us/...-pencil/14039/

Canson artist series 8x8 wirebound sketchbook

https://www.dickblick.com/items/cans...RoCeHkQAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Clutch pencil & sketchbook

Maybe brass? Live metal patinas nicely in the hand. The big blunt pencil is great for loose sketches
    https://www.thepencompany.com/en-us/...-pencil/14039/

Canson artist series 8x8 wirebound sketchbook

https://www.dickblick.com/items/cans...RoCeHkQAvD_BwE
    Awesome stuff! Would never had known what to get in this universe. Thx dude!