Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1208

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Depends?
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I need a gift for my 87 year old mom who is going into a nice assisted living place by next week. Any ideas?
    How much assistance does she need? Is she ambulatory? How is she cognitively?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    If she has access to a microwave, a microwave heating pad for the neck or back. My 80yr old mom loves hers.
    ^this seems like a great idea
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I need a gift for my 87 year old mom who is going into a nice assisted living place by next week. Any ideas?
    Lots of funky cool warm tall socks and some $$$ slippers. A fancy straw too. Make it blingie so she feels special. Also, one of those couch cushion things for hanging out in her bed to prop her up in her position of choice. Focus on comfort things.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Lots of funky cool warm tall socks and some $$$ slippers. A fancy straw too. Make it blingie so she feels special. Also, one of those couch cushion things for hanging out in her bed to prop her up in her position of choice. Focus on comfort things.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Also, if she's a music lover maybe a small portable CD player and some of her favorite old music. Music is supposed to help with memory issues.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

What to give the SIL that has everything? Help me KQ Claus. You're my only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    What to give the SIL that has everything? Help me KQ Claus. You're my only hope.
    Uhhhhhhhh..... any hints as to what she's like?

This being the 21st and all I'm assuming it needs to be something you can source locally, no?

Son in law and yes. Likely will buy him a mixed case of IPA's to drink throughout the new year.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Electric box cutter was a great gift my wife got me last year.

Allows me to easily cut up all the boxes she orders from the internet.

What a woman!

Son in law and yes. Likely will buy him a mixed case of IPA's to drink throughout the new year.
    Prices are a bit insane (would be better if you could find cheaper local) but something I’ve gotten for family in the “they don’t need anything and they’d never buy this for themselves” category:

https://www.crowdcow.com/wagyu/japanese

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Prices are a bit insane (would be better if you could find cheaper local) but something I’ve gotten for family in the “they don’t need anything and they’d never buy this for themselves” category:

https://www.crowdcow.com/wagyu/japanese
    I've got a friend who sends me halibut every year. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I've got a friend who sends me halibut every year. Not too shabby.
    Why did you accept the gift?

For the halibut.

I'll show myself out.

Damn JC, that is some expensive cow meat.

Japanese A5 Wagyu Filet Mignon 1003
    Rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars
    $98.68 ($315.78/lb)

Damn JC, that is some expensive cow meat.

Japanese A5 Wagyu Filet Mignon 1003
    Rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars
    $98.68 ($315.78/lb)
    Those online “butchers” are overpriced in general, but the wagyu seems to have gotten about 50% more expensive since I ordered anything.

Tough to say whether it’s worth it, but back then I was able to get my dad a few cuts/sampler for a bit over $100 and he appreciated the experience

I got my daughter’s family a box of Wagyu stuff a couple Christmases ago. Unbelievably expensive compared to supermarket beef prices…but damn, they really really loved it. That was worth it, just sayin’.

Ask KQ Claus

I spent a summer cleaning salmon and halibut in AK. The Halibut were six feet long. The cheeks made for awesome burger patties.

But the eyes were the size of golf balls. They would float down the gutter of the cleaning table. A girl yelled out: “I will fuck any guy who eats one of those eyes.”

Homie across the table from me grabbed one and gobbled it down. The whole table paused.

The next break period those two were late to come back. 🥰

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I spent a summer cleaning salmon and halibut in AK. The Halibut were six feet long. The cheeks made for awesome burger patties.

But the eyes were the size of golf balls. They would float down the gutter of the cleaning table. A girl yelled out: “I will fuck any guy who eats one of those eyes.”

Homie across the table from me grabbed one and gobbled it down. The whole table paused.

The next break period those two were late to come back. 🥰
    But did she kiss him?

I remember gutting huge halibut on the cannery dock in AK. God the stink was absolutely sickening. Good meat though.

Got my wife an electric "throw" (aka blanket) at Costco for $32.99. She always has blankets piled on top of her on the couch, so maybe this will help.

I was the runt of the crew, so I was the guy with the spoon-hose, climbing inside and scraping the blood-line. If it weren't for all the shrooms, I don't think I would have survived it.

It’s that time of year again. And here’s a perfect card for that special someone you never want to talk to again:

https://www.jokergreeting.com/produc...ming-late-2022

Once you open it, it plays Never Gonna Give You Up until the battery dies. And if you rip it apart to pull the battery out? It’s full of glitter.

I like it. A physical in person Rick roll

But fuck you. Now I have an ear worm.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    It’s that time of year again. And here’s a perfect card for that special someone you never want to talk to again:

https://www.jokergreeting.com/produc...ming-late-2022

Once you open it, it plays Never Gonna Give You Up until the battery dies. And if you rip it apart to pull the battery out? It’s full of glitter.
    Damn, I laughed.

Hey KQ. Need a gift for the neighbor lady. She loves our dog a very large amount and dog sits for us whenever we ask. It's so handy, and our dog loves her too.
    $30 budget. Thanks!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Help me KQ Claus, you’re my only hope.

My brothers’ families and my family draw names each year for one person to give a gift to and I pulled my sister in law. She is always so thoughtful with her gifts so I don’t wanna blow this one.

Price isn’t really an issue for the right thing. About her: 40 yr old mother of two small kids so she’s constantly “on.” Architect. Funny. Loves a good drink/food. Lives in a house with all men (my bro and two small dudes) so it’s dongs everywhere for the poor gal. Doesn’t have a lot of space to herself. They are remodeling their downstairs so in a state of flux and maybe need something for down there. She should have a new office down there when completed.

Anything come to mind?

^^ Something from a stationary store for her new office. No doubt there are some nice Japanese shops in Seattle proper.

KQ, I have gifts taken care of for my wife but am thinking of getting her something extra this year. She is about to make a huge career leap but is still wearing professional clothes from when she was a broke grad student. I know she is self conscious about these items but has a hard time wrapping her head around the necessary expense of buying something worthwhile. Her new boss, in addition to her many professional accomplishments, is known nationally for being one of the best dressed women in a male dominated field and my wife will be the only other woman in their department that isn't a junior trainee.

The two things she needs the most are new heels and a new blazer. I am considering paying upfront to have a blazer made for her at a local tailor but don't want to make a mistake. I know these items are personal but if I leave it up to her she is going to keep dragging her feet and run out of time.