Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

I saw T&A too, but my wife once asked why anyone would wear a diamond ball-sack above their cleavage, and now that's all I can see...

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Gosh I don't see how. Nobody likes a cold derrière.
    So far so good. Now we need to install them.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    We've used a VacuVin for years. Works fantastically! Be sure to pump enough when the bottle is < 1/2 full.
    This thing rocks. Wish a had it years ago. So cheap. KQ hit it out of the park.

How far past when it 'clicks' should I pump it? Especially for those mostly empty bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    This thing rocks. Wish a had it years ago. So cheap. KQ hit it out of the park.

How far past when it 'clicks' should I pump it? Especially for those mostly empty bottles?
    Glad it was a hit!

According to the Wine Snob:

QUESTION: How many times should I “pump” the Vacu-Vin?

ANSWER: Very good question! This is an ideal case where more is not better! The Vacu-Vin pump should only be pumped until there is slight resistance. Pumping beyond slight resistance creates a pressurized environment and results in an opposite effect of preserving the wine. In reality over-pumping ages the wine by forcing out the oxygen resulting in “artificial” aging. A good rule of thumb is about 4 pumps for a half bottle, and the more wine, the less pumps.

Here's some more info you might be interested in:

QUESTION: How do I clean the Vacu-Vin

ANSWER: “Cleaning the Pump” – Rinse the pump regularly with ONLY water, especially after pumping red wine. Use a napkin or cloth to wipe the inside.

“Cleaning the Rubber Stoppers” – Rinse with running water.

NOTE: DO not use soap on the rubber corks as the soap adheres to the rubber and will impart a soapy flavor to the wine.

QUESTION: How long can I store an open bottle of wine with a Vacuum system?

ANSWER: The standard answer is a couple of days, but it varies greatly on the wine and how much is left in the bottle. If a bottle is at least half full, a white wine will ordinarily last a day or two while a red wine could last up to a week.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Glad it was a hit!

According to the Wine Snob:

QUESTION: How many times should I “pump” the Vacu-Vin?

ANSWER: Very good question! This is an ideal case where more is not better! The Vacu-Vin pump should only be pumped until there is slight resistance. Pumping beyond slight resistance creates a pressurized environment and results in an opposite effect of preserving the wine. In reality over-pumping ages the wine by forcing out the oxygen resulting in “artificial” aging. A good rule of thumb is about 4 pumps for a half bottle, and the more wine, the less pumps.

Here's some more info you might be interested in:

QUESTION: How do I clean the Vacu-Vin

ANSWER: “Cleaning the Pump” – Rinse the pump regularly with ONLY water, especially after pumping red wine. Use a napkin or cloth to wipe the inside.

“Cleaning the Rubber Stoppers” – Rinse with running water.

NOTE: DO not use soap on the rubber corks as the soap adheres to the rubber and will impart a soapy flavor to the wine.

QUESTION: How long can I store an open bottle of wine with a Vacuum system?

ANSWER: The standard answer is a couple of days, but it varies greatly on the wine and how much is left in the bottle. If a bottle is at least half full, a white wine will ordinarily last a day or two while a red wine could last up to a week.
    D'oh!!!

Ouch, hope she feels better soon.

Got my Mom the LL Bean Sweater slippers, she likes them. THX KQ!
    watch out for snakes

My Lady loves her LL Bean robe. She is 5’9” and it nearly reaches her ankles.

The best present I got was a very nicely done Trump University T-shirt my son's girlfriend made for me. It will go on the chest that was supposed to wearing the Bad Dude T shirt from Sam Bee that my wife promised me but didn't get.

First anniversary gift for my wife?

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    Traditionally paper is the gift given for a first anniversary. I'm guessing this hearkens back to the day when people wrote letters on personalized quality stationary but alas those days are no more so if you're going to stick with tradition you'll need to go with something like this which i think is romantic and ties back nicely to that special day:

1st Paper Anniversary Gifts, Custom Wedding Song Art, First Dance Song for Her, Song Lyric Art, Sound Wave Art Print, Soundwave Song Lyrics

This feature is neat:

Includes a QR CODE CARD that links to the recording and plays when scanned with a QR Reader app on any phone
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Traditionally paper is the gift given for a first anniversary.

Money is made out of paper. easy peasy
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Money is made out of paper. easy peasy
    eh....eh...eh.... not so fast:

USD notes are made from cotton fiber paper, unlike most common paper, which is made of wood fiber.

are we going to start the "textiles" argument again?

I still think of that when I buy Kleenex

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    I still think of that when I buy Kleenex

Back to the paper anniversary:

WHY IS PAPER THE TRADITIONAL FIRST ANNIVERSARY GIFT?

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    quality print by an artist you both like? I don't know what I would do for presents if I there wasn't an art school nearby.

Birthday present for my better half?

Female. Early 30s. 2 kids under 3. Full time job teaching elementary school. Skier/snowboarder/mountain biker. Degree in fine art that she never gets to put to use these days (too busy for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post

Female. Early 30s. 2 kids under 3. Full time job teaching elementary school. Skier/snowboarder/mountain biker. Degree in fine art that she never gets to put to use these days (too busy for some reason).
    Ever been to one of those Paint Night things? Basically you sit around, drink wine and an instructor walks you through painting a piece that you can then take home. If the wife likes making art, could be a fun night out.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Ever been to one of those Paint Night things? Basically you sit around, drink wine and an instructor walks you through painting a piece that you can then take home. If the wife likes making art, could be a fun night out.
    I like the idea of setting her up with some canvas and booze, but if I went with her to one of those events it would be kind of like showing up to a ski school group as a never-ever with Lindsey Vonn as your date.

Not that she'd complain: any evening out is clutch right now. It's hard to find a babysitter and all our extended family is out of state.

The Brushes & Brix thing sounds like a fun idea - maybe she could take a friend. Here's a place that looks nice in SLC/Park City. I see you can plan private parties or join a group. Gift Cards available:

https://thepaintmixer.com/

Sounds like she might need some pampering too - perhaps some aroma therapy? I'm going to suggest a favorite of mine, one I throw out here often - an Origins gift set. The Ginger is a lovely warming scent and the Gloomaway (awful name) is fresh and invigorating (it is Grapefruit which is a mood enhancing scent hence the "Gloomaway" name). Origins is sold in Kiosks at most Macy's or you can order online: Origins Ginger, Gloomaway

Paper.... I had a book made thanks,

Great for throwing over stuff for heading outside, back to camp, or adding to the ski wear regimen for colder days:

https://www.rei.com/product/857166/s...ort-down-skirt
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Since Christmas ads have already started playing on TV, what the heck.....

So whadda think? New mug for the office gift exchange?

25 Cheeky Gifts For People Who Don't Mind A Little Nudity

Bump.

Everyone got their act together this year or what?

The ol' KQ Claus has been busy shopping, shopping, shopping! I did the local thing (we've got some great shops here in town) and a lot online. Now it's time wrap what I've got and kick back and wait for my bounty from online ordering to arrive but in the meantime I may have to do just a tad more shopping for myself because who knows what I like better than me? Right?

And since no one has asked I'm going to throw this out there. Some great gift packs at King Arthur Flour. I rec'd a pizza pack last year and really liked it. I was new to home-made pizza so it was a nice starter kit. I got the 14" pizza pan which I really like. Check it out:

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/essentials/pizza

Maybe pair it with a Pizza cookbook:

The Elements of Pizza: Unlocking the Secrets to World-Class Pies at Home

Also might think about including a silpat for rolling the dough.